FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile MPS Search Log in to check your private messages Log in

Tattoo flu ????

Goto page 1, , ,   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Tattoos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nubster

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Tattoo flu ???? Reply with quote

Just wondering if you have ever felt sick after a grueling tattoo session? I was drilled on today for 4 hours and about 30 minutes later I felt ill, kinda flu like symptoms, achey joints and back, swollen lymth nodes, worn out feeling. I guees because my system sees the new ink as an attacking body and is fighting it as an infection? Anyways, all is good other than that and I will post pics soon.
phantommenace

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel abit worn out after a session , but have the best sleep ever.

hanalotus

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For how long your session was, I would say that seems natural. I get that way just after my session is done and it isn't nerves from getting tattooed because I've been drilled long enough that it really doesn't hurt anymore but it is still a shock to your system. You might have already been sick and it didn't get bad until your immune system weakened from your session. If it continues, I'd go see a doctor, but if it's just right after, don't worry about it.

What I do is three days before a big tattoo session, I do everything to boost my immune system by eating fresh fruits, veggies, really healthy foods, vitamin C, lots of water--I just do whatever I can to get my body feeling as healthy as possible and I heal really quickly with minimal flu like symptoms. After my first session, the muscles above my knee caps were twitching like crazy I thought I was gonna fall over but after I tweaked my diet, I felt a ton better afterwards.

Do you get cold shivers towards the end of your session too? Or maybe that's because the place I get blasted at has A/C and I have my whole back exposed. Laughing
Casey

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the shivers too. But then again it's my whole back exposed as well.
spideytat

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (11)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im usually too hungover to worry about flu symtoms lol 'cause every time i get inked i go hit the piss after Razz
Nubster

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ spidey....woke up this morning and felt better except my arm is very sore and swollen which is natural. I had 2 hours alone on the inside of my arm and damn did it hurt. No pain no gain, aye? It was worth every second of it so that is all that matters. Anyways, thanks for the replies.
bobby_bananas

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: tattoo flu (?) Reply with quote

Question
So, I googled this symptom up and found myself here. I rarely get sick in general and have never felt ill during or after getting ink...but last night, after a four hour shading and coloring session, I went to bed having this shaking cold shiver all over my body, and a warm flush feeling. Almost the kind you get when you have the flu. Im sure now that it was result of having work done. Is there a name for this or an explanation of what exactly happened? Im thinking it was a mild shock
imnotatfault

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: tattoo flu (?) Reply with quote

bobby_bananas wrote:
Im thinking it was a mild shock

That's it.
MattCrunk

Artist Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)
Tattoo Work (49)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flu-like symptoms are very common, especially after getting large work. It is indeed a result of mild shock.
Tyr

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me after about a 6.5 hour session. I felt cold and weak. I only slept for about 3 hours after getting back from the shop before the 4.5 hour drive home. I'm sure that didn't help either!
gatorsmash

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in for about 4.5 hours and felt the same way, luckily my dad had some tylenol and a water bottle in the car when he picked me up Razz
therookie

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still waiting for my "grueling" session...the most i've had so far is about 2 hours. i'd really love to get this sleeve fucking finished tho...so i might be in for a long sesh pretty soon *crosses fingers*
pennyguy23

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I felt sick as shit after my first 4-5 hour session. Just about right when I stood up. I felt weak, shaky, and just plain worn the fuck out. I didn't know if I could do it for 3 more days, but after that first day the others were fine. I didn't feel ill at all. I don't know what it is. Probably your body saying "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED"?
fall_child138

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never really felt... flu like... my last sesh was around 6 hours and at the end i felt like i'd been out drinkin, just drained... all i needed was a beer, a good meal and a little napski and i felt better

mind you, i had also gotten about 2 hours of sleep, spent 11 on the bus and ate nothing but a bagel and a really bad cup of coffee lol

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 hours on a bus would make me feel like I had the flu....

I've gotten kind of cold a time or two, but never ill feeling. Its not a natural act, getting tattooed, so I'm sure the shock can cause nausea and other symproms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Tattoos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, , ,   
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: