Austin Corbett battled all types of nasty

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

panxing18

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 pm

characters as a four-year starting left tackle at Nevada.His toughest opponent didn't wear shoulder pads or a helmet."Organic chemistry http://www.cowboyscheapauthenticstore.c ... rsey-cheap ," the Browns rookie left guard said, rattling off a course he never mastered. "I just could not grasp my mind around it. I pulled 'B', but it was not a fun one."But while chemistry got the best of him, Corbett still managed to achieve "a handful" of 4.0 grade-point averages with All-Mountain West academic honors.Who knows, if things had gone differently, the affable 6-foot-4, 306-pounder would be in medical school studying to be an orthopedic surgeon.Instead, he's starting for the Browns. And passing every test.Taken with the first pick of the second round (No. 33) in the NFL draft, Corbett, who started 48 straight games at tackle in college, has adapted quickly since moving to guard when the Browns slid Joel Bitonio — an elite interior lineman and Corbett's former Nevada teammate — to tackle to try and fill the massive hole left when perennial Pro Bowler Joe Thomas retired.For Corbett, the adjustment to a new position has been helped by having Bitonio next to him."It's been huge," Corbett said following Monday's morning walk-through. "He's just done so much. Anytime I have a question I'm able to ask Joel and he's right there to give me, 'This is what I would do. This is what I'm seeing.' Just all the little nuances of the type of block, what footwork would be best, the hand placement, everything you could think of at the guard position."He's just been there. He's done so much. I just really can't thank him enough."When training camp opened, the Browns gave Shon Coleman the first shot to start at left tackle. When that didn't work out Youth Brett Maher Jesey , it was Corbett's turn and that didn't go so great.Then, after being resistant to giving the job to Bitonio, Browns coach Hue Jackson and his staff decided their best option was to put the five best offensive linemen on the field together — regardless of position.Corbett is one of them.The 22-year-old has had some expected struggles while learning his new position. Unlike at tackle, where it's essential to have quickness and long arms to combat speedy pass rushers coming off the edge, guards have to rely on technique and brute strength.It's a whole different world."It's a lot more physical on the inside, for sure," Corbett said. "I remember against the Giants that was my first time going up against 350-plus (pound) guys. That's just a lot of man, so it's different in that sense and I like that. I like getting on guys and Joel's kind of said the opposite, he's like, 'These guys are smaller out here,' so it's kind of been interesting to see how we are both thinking of it."Bitonio and Corbett both can appreciate being shifted around. Bitonio started as a right tackle at Nevada, before being moved to the left side. And Corbett has worked on both sides with the Browns before staking a spot at left guard.Their backgrounds have bonded them as friends and in their playing styles. Some of their Browns teammates have joked they're like twins."Ever since I got to Nevada, I just tried to do everything he did because he set the standard so high and even just watching him once he got here," Corbett said."And so it's kind of funny, we'll watch film and some of our sets just look identical and in sync. He's such a high-caliber player, and if that's what I'm being compared to then, by all means, that's great."And while it's work Cheap Travis Frederick Jersey , Corbett said he's having a better time playing now than in college."I love it so much more as a job," he said. "For me, I was always trying to balance the school and sport side of it where I was watching as much film as I can, but I was trying to pull a 4.0 and do so with some pretty tough classes. It was tough trying to balance it all out, but when you got football only, it's fun."Especially without organic chemistry.NOTES: RB Carlos Hyde (shoulder) and rookie CB Denzel Ward (ankle) both practiced after being held out of some drills Sunday. ... WR Josh Gordon worked with trainers on the side while awaiting clearance to return to the field. He returned to the team Saturday after a three-week absence. ... Special teams coach Amos Jones said both the kicking and punting jobs remain up for grabs.The Cowboys have the most favorable upcoming three weeks of any NFL team The Dallas Cowboys are 1-1 and in first place in the NFC East. Life is good.Obviously we want more. One win isn’t going to send any team to the playoffs so the Cowboys better plan on adding to that column, and adding a whole lot to it. They’ll have to go through Seattle this week if they want to do so, but given what we saw on Monday night that might not be so treacherous. The Seahawks did indeed look very beatable under Jason Witten’s watchful Monday Night Football eye in Chicago. Their offense is broken, their offensive line breaks even harder, and they’re hardly the defense of the earlier part of this decade. They’re 0-2 for a reason.Seattle is not the only winless foe on the Cowboys upcoming schedule, actually. Did you know that the next three opponents Dallas will face are all currently winless?Want to know something else? The Cowboys are the only team in the NFL with this type of draw. Seriously. The only one.Each one of the other 31 teams across the NFL will face at least one team with at least one win from Weeks 3 through 5. Strength of schedule is something that’s often debated over the course of the offseason, well the Cowboys technically have the easiest path through this stretch after the season’s first two weeks.Seattle, Detroit, and Houston are hardly going to be walks in the park for the Cowboys. There are three capable quarterbacks there (two of whom are mobile) plus a Super Bowl-winning head coach and defensive coordinator. It should definitely be noted that the Cowboys will be visiting Seattle in the regular season for the first time since their incredible win back in 2014, and for the first time in general since Tony Romo was hurt during the preseason and the state of the franchise changed forever as it passed over to Dak Prescott.NFL seasons are sometimes broken down into quarters and the goal is to go at least 3-1 in each of them. The Cowboys have a shot to do that and to start the second quarter of the season off on a winning note as well with three teams that have yet to record a win on the season.Of course the challenge when facing winless teams in the NFL is that they are all extremely hungry to get their first. Dallas will be facing some desperate teams, but if their records are any indication they’re not to be too tremendously feared.