Who should have access to the tattoo artist only forum?

Place a request to join the Tattoo Artist/Apprentice Sections

Moderator: EvilJay

TIM_VICTIM

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:37 am

Inkitup wrote:
Yea, in Texas we are not required to use autoclaves. My shop has 2 of them, but I don't use them. I use disposable needles and sometimes disposable tubes. When I use my Stainless steel tips/grips/tubes, I use my $430 ultrasonic cleaner with either ultrasonic cleaning solution or bleach. It's probably more sanitary with the bleach.

Chad
ARE YOU OUT FO YOUR MIND?!?!

that is straight dirty and that is the reason they are keeping some people out of the forum. you obviously need to go to some BBP and cross contamination seminars.

bleach will not kill all bacteria on contact but an autoclave will more or less destroy all those nasty little critters. while bleach may kill viruses and bacteria, it is not safe for the human body therefore should not be used on anything that will come in contact with either the skin or the ink. it is good for surface cleaning, but even then must be sprayed down with 70% or higher concenttration of alcohol afterwards. if you do this to your tubes, they will still need to be handled and would not have been sterilized in the ouch, and when you place them in the ouch they will have fresh bacteria floatin around in there.

the point of the autoclave is to seal all the little bads guys in the pack, and then kill them. since the pack is sealed, there is no way of more getting into it.

get your facts straight. an autoclave is the absolute safest way to clean equipment. i would never go near an artist who did not use one, and many people are getting educated and do the same. so i suggest you catch up with the times.
TIM_VICTIM

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:38 am

i meant pouch not ouch.
TIM_VICTIM

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:48 am

holy shit. i started posting st the beginning, never imagining it would go this far.

homeboy is out there fuckin people up!

people, watch out for this kind of thing. only go to reputable studios, only trust artists who are not only certified but also have nice portfolios, and never ever ever get tattooed out of anyone's house.
TIM_VICTIM

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:48 am

oh, and i think i should have access to the tattoo artists forum. tell me what i need. i'm pro as hell. my business card is even semi gloss.
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:34 pm

people, watch out for this kind of thing. only go to reputable studios, only trust artists who are not only certified but also have nice portfolios, and never ever ever get tattooed out of anyone's house.

I keep telling people that. Some argue viciously that someone operating out of a house can be safe. And maybe in one percent of the cases, they are. But THIS DICKHEAD is representative of the other 99 percent of the people working from their houses...so why cater to and make provisions for that one percent, and take that chance?? If you truly love something, you get as involved in it as you possibly can, and do what is BEST FOR THAT THING. So why wouldn't you be working in a recognizable studio? Knowing the problems with the situation (people showing up at your home unexpectedly, possibly contaminating your living area, etc.) WHY IN GOD'S NAME would anyone want to do that?
The answer is, they probably aren't qualified, or interested enough to set up a space outside of and totally seperate from their home. And if that is all the more serious they are, WHY GO THERE?
Last edited by BadWolf on Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheTattooArtist

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:37 pm

I think that you should have to send a copy of your tattooing license, and pictures of your work. But i think this should only be sent to the mods. This isn't something that anyone else needs to have access to. I havn't been on here in a while, but i am glad to see that the artist only section is finally comming around.
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:03 pm

The best policy I have seen so far is at Read Street. You must give them your full name, the name, address and telephone number of the studio you work from, and a brief history of how long you have been in the business. I would add that you have proof of an autoclave at said studio in the form of a current spore test result.
That way, the studio can be verified simply by looking at yellowpages.com, you working there can be verified with a phone call (where YOU PERSONALLY would be talked to) (not just someone saying you work there) and the fact the studio has and is using proper sterilization equipment is doccumented.
dragon guy tattoo
Hardcore

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:25 am

Sorry about being gone for a bit, had a death in the family and I have been dealing with that for the last couple of weeks. I agree about the vote and also think that a call from each judge and a bit of digging into the shop would be worth while.
BadWolf
Verified

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:30 pm

Sorry about the loss.
JamyCarlton
Verified

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:40 am

How about you just ask them some simple questions that only tattoo artists know, like what kind of machines they use, where they order their equipment from, what needle groupings they prefer, who they apprenticed under, you know some silly questions, but generally ones that legitimate tattoo artists should know, and if they answer with "well i bought that kit from this magazine" you can probably be sure they aren't professionals ! Oh yeah, and if they ever refer to a tattoo machine as a "gun" just cut their fingers off!!
tatubella

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:28 pm

I've just joined and ideally looking for a studio position.I cant access the professional forum so pretty disappointed.I work mfor 2 studios here in the UK and come under their license blanket aswell as for insurance.So unsure how validation would be sorted for me?!
crazycatlady

Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:30 pm

would anyone think it as big a little bigheaded of me if i wanted to join the artists only part? i only started in the business the last year however have my apprentice license, can get the spore test images, shop license etc etc. would you need my mentors license too?
lefey23

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:37 pm

WELL thats a touchy subject
but the most reasonable way would be to have the artists
post portfolios and shop info such as phone #s adresses
and websites including myspace profiles, all artist info should be pretty easy to confirm with
those items alone

everything else is pretty hard to confirm beings not all states require
the same things of there body artist and studios
but that is how most vendores and other artist forums
handel the matters to keep scratchers out
Myra

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:19 pm

BadWolf wrote:The best policy I have seen so far is at Read Street. You must give them your full name, the name, address and telephone number of the studio you work from, and a brief history of how long you have been in the business. I would add that you have proof of an autoclave at said studio in the form of a current spore test result.
That way, the studio can be verified simply by looking at yellowpages.com, you working there can be verified with a phone call (where YOU PERSONALLY would be talked to) (not just someone saying you work there) and the fact the studio has and is using proper sterilization equipment is doccumented.
Hello everyone,
I,m a Dutch female tattoo artist and i,am new at this forum and i have bin folowing a lot of dicusions her.
Sorry for my bad englisch handwriting by the way.
Before i registered at this forum i had a lot of questions, just like any other licened artists.
I totally agree that there must a sort of checkup :x
Her in the Netherlands we must have a ultrasone and a autoclave!
If you don,t have such they will shut you down and that,s the way it shoot be, because we have also to many scratchers her!
Why do you think i have no pics on my site?
There is one reasen for it.. so knowone can steel mij work :evil:
The cross you see on my site was my verry first tattoo on my husbands back and that,s how it stayes .. no pictures on my site!
I also have a beauty salon, there you can see a lot of my work as a nailstylist and pics of permanente make-up.
But when i check other beautysites, there,s a lot of MY WORK ON THEIR SITES and that will not happen to me again with my tattoosite! :lol:

These are my sites
http://www.myranagels.nl
http://www.tattoodesignangel.nl

Ther,s a lot of differance between those sites as you can see.
On my tattoosite i give only a lot of information for the custumers and nothing more!
The site is on a couple pages still under cunstruction because a make my own sites.
Clients come into the shop to watch my tattoo work!
Believe me when i say that most of my clients come to my shop after seeing their friends ore family with a tattoo being placed by me on their body. That,s the best visitcard for me !
I,m standing also in the yellow pages but then the Dutch ones ofcourse.
So if you wanna check me, please do!!!

One more time: everyone needs to have an autoclave and a ultrasone, do i make myself clear??!! :!: :!: :!:
Oyherwise...take a walk! You do not want to bring people in danger oke?!

My excuses for being so angry about this subject but it,s not a must, but a orther.

It is thie only way to bring things in thie open arround here, so i have seen.

And that for a new one here. :lol: :wink:
n3cr0lu5t
Hardcore

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:34 am

Dutch's are foxes.