hey all in bay area

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

fifty

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:25 pm

I have a bit of weird request, oh and bythe way, hey, new here and new to Tattoo's.

Here is the deal, I live in the bay area and finally want to get my USMC tattoo. And generally most people in the bay area don't treat the military exactly nice. When I was active duty and stationed here, I had shit thrown at me, I was spit on and so on.

I got out in 2006.

Anyways, I have been putting it off long enough and wonder if you guys know a good place that can do some tats for me. I saw Adrian Lee's old website and was pretty amazed.

I am basically wanting to get a simple Eagle globe and anchor maybe with some MARPAT and then maybe something to cover up, or rather to "name" some scars.
Anyways, I would appreciate it if people could point me in the direction of a really good artist that isn't going to get all aggravated because I was in the Corps and want my tats.
Oh and I am in the North bay, but like I said, Adrian Lee is in San Jose so I am willing to travel. I want it done right and nice and clean by some one that I can keep going back to for more later on.
Thanks all

Semper Fi
yodaddynukka
Hardcore

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:47 pm

i have been living in the yay for over 25 years and this is the most liberal place in the US. that being said, no tattoo artist is gonna give you shit because you are in the service. adrian lee is AMAZING but his wait list is probably VERY LONG. but i think the wait is worth it since this is something that is going to be on your body for ever. you can also try local conventions, as this is the route i took. that way you can find world class artists that are usually booked and get work from them. there was a convention in san jose coming up, looked up which artists were going to be there and contacted him to see if he had an opening which he did. your idea sounds simple enough where it should only take a few hours. good luck.
1sicv8
Hardcore

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:30 am

im close to the bay....

check out the convention in santa rosa at the end of the month. lots of artists! the shop i go to will be there as well...