Any Such Thing As A Painless Tattoo?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

angel2620

Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:19 pm

Hello everyone! I want to get my first tattoo, but I am terrified of needles. :roll: I know there is probably no such thing as a painless tattoo, but is there something I can do to make it less painful? Is it possible that taking pain killers before getting the tattoo will help? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
:lol:
BadWolf
Verified

Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:56 pm

If the sensation is the most important factor for you, do not get one. You are not ready.
Tattude
Hardcore

Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:18 am

Painkillers would work but WHY take them.

You feel tattoos but they don't HURT that bad.
Inkedbutterflywb

Wed May 04, 2005 4:16 pm

Pain varies on person, but in my experiance it only hurts while there doing it and then it's sore afterwards while it heals. Dont take the pain killers until later when it's sore it was ease the pain during i dont think they'll help much. Eat before you go
Nettle

Sat May 28, 2005 5:20 pm

Yes it can be almost pain free.

My tattoo artist used a cream that numbed the skin, like they use on children in hospital. I had a fairly large tat on my lower back. I didn't feel the outline at all. By the time he was filling in I could feel a little more and it only got sore towards the end, but that was well over an hour after the cream was taken off.

When I had my second tattoo on my upper back, the cream was not as sucessfull, I think because there is less flesh there, but really, it isn't an unpleasant feeling at all. I had to have a little work done on the second tat about month afterwards. It was only 10 mins work, so didn't need the cream, and it didn't feel any worse than at the end of the previous sessions.

I think it is quite rare for this cream to be used, I'd never heard of it before. But you know, it really isn't painful, beleive me, I am a real wimp as far as pain goes, and I was ok.

To be honest, I almost enjoy the sensation.
BadWolf
Verified

Sat May 28, 2005 9:13 pm

I have this "Magick Cream" of my own. One time this guy claimed it hurt real bad...just wouldn't sit still. So, I picked up a bottle of distilled water and told him I was going to apply some topical pain killer, and spritzed a bit on him. He felt much better, then. People are idiots. LMAO.
Willybiggoose

Sun May 29, 2005 5:40 am

Like to know about a tat on my dick and no I don't want it to say your name. :wink: It is tribal and I have a picture of the tat I would like to get but would like to know if there is anything I should know before doing it myself? :shock:
Rue_Devereux

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:47 am

I think it depends on the person. My first tattoo on my wrist hurt but in a numb way. I told my mum it felt like he was cutting me with a hot razor. But in a numb way...

I have one on my arm and I didn't feel anything. I guess I have a mind capacity to block a certain amount of pain out. I honestly don't recall any part of it being painful. And the one on my forearm, well I fell asleep while he was doing it soo...

My chest. I admit it hurt. But I'd do it again, and again... I still need it shaded in, so maybe that will be more painful. I didn't fall asleep though! lol The stars next to it didn't feel like anything. Kinda ticklish. Sorry I don't have pics. But, it really depends on the person. Guys have told me that their chest tats hurt and I tell them mine wasn't so bad. Don't know if it's a guy/girl thing or what.

Again, it's the person. If you've never been punched in the face it would hurt more than someone who is used to it. Or who is stronger, or used to pain. You know? You kinda just have to go for it. If you want it as much as you think you do, then the pain will be worth it. That's why I think I can ignore it so much!
BreathTaker
Hardcore

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:53 am

Stop bringing back OLD threads.
this is 3 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EvilJay
Hardcore

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:16 am

No shit. How much fuckin free time do you have?? This one had to be on about page 712......
shady08aftermath
Hardcore

Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:12 pm

areas like the ribs, the underarm-triceps, collar bone, an shins, will hurt but areas like the forearms shoulder-upperarm, back, calfs, ect. those are well handled
MattCrunk
Hardcore

Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:20 am

If you can't take a tattoo 100% straight and sober, without anesthetic of any kind, then you BY GOD do not deserve a tattoo.
jjantzen13
Hardcore

Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:45 am

Painless Tattoo
Won't last as long as the real thing, but it won't hurt either.
huskyjackal

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:26 pm

A bit confused by the whole "i like tattoos/afraid of needles" bit - when I looked at the machine, it didn't look anything like " needle". When I think needles I think of syringes, and a tattoo machine just doesn't like like that to me. Wouldn't the fear of needles be triggered, at least for some, by the actual sight of a "needle" (in this case a stereotypical syringe) - which a tattoo machine looks nothing like? Sorry, kind of off-topic in a dead thread but I've never quite grasped people who see a syringe and equate it to a machine... besides, (for me at least) tattooing feels nothing like a typical shot.
Angertank
Hardcore

Mon May 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Wow, this spam is so sophisticated that I can't even tell that it's spam. Really.