Tattoo fading before it's healed?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

JingForlorn

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:08 pm

So tuesday i got my first tattoo, I'm 18, In a state [south Carolina] that just legalized tattooing. and i wanted a sentimental tattoo. it was home done, but he used to have his own shop, i've seen his works, his portfolio, he's even done his own and some family members, iand i saw them, i watched him do it first, on a friend. My friend who's also 18 received flames on his wrist, the colors faded quick. the scabs looked like a rich black, and a nice shade of red for flames, but as the scabs flaked off, he was left with blue/grey lines, and in some places no lines at all, and all of the red is now a pink looking color. He used tattoo goo, and he washed it twice a day with shower gel. But before i saw how his came out, i went and had the same guy do mine. Now, Al lwe had to pay for was the ink, and the needle, and he used a gun, so safety pins, lights ro anything. he had a gun, and the little foot petal things, he would do a little, wipe the arm clean, and keep going. My friends outline around his wrist took 3 hours, and over lapped the lines abit to try and darken them, as he did with mine, and now that i can see my tattoo peeling, it's also that grey/blue, and in the light it can even look like a violet, But it's not even remotly black. I've been washing it with regular shower gel for two days, not lettign the water directly hit it, or spending more than 20 minutes in the shower period. I've been using Vitamin E Oil, it's not think and gunky, i'm not allergic to it like A + D, it was cheap, and i heard alot of good reviews about it. no petroleum to pull the color out, no fragrance to burn, just two natural oils and vitamin e to help boost healing, and keep moisturized. Now, i've been doing this maybe, 4 times a day max, as it begins to feel like it's tightening, and now Sunday, a chunk flaked off and i can see the color underneath didn't leak out, but it's still so much lighter than a black. it looks new, but it's got the faded color of a 20 year old tattoo.

Do i wait for it to fully heal and go get everything redone, and hope the second application darkens it? Or could it be the ink he used? It said "KG" on the bottle
Anything else i should consider?
Aivanne
Hardcore

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:19 pm

yeah, go to a studio next time.

seriously. hope you're happy with your hepatitis.
JingForlorn

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:27 pm

Aivanne wrote:yeah, go to a studio next time.

seriously. hope you're happy with your hepatitis.
Now now, don't take it out on me.
You should've remembered to take your anti-psychotics.

Seriously. Soap and water, alcohol, clean towel, gloves, needles I bought, sterlized and over the counter from a local tattoo shop.
sadie703
Hardcore

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:28 pm

i would never fucking get a tattoo in someones home even if they had a shop. thats just nasty... ugh..

and are you sure it was his work?? how would you prove it?

btw its not a tattoo gun, its a machine :roll:
sadie703
Hardcore

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:30 pm

so wait, you bought the needles from another shop??

if he had his own shop shouldnt he have had that?? and how could he sterilize that shit properly from his home? if he had a autoclave was it in a seperate room away from any germs??
JingForlorn

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:37 pm

I bought them from another shop, wrapped with a chemically processed label that shows blue when sterile, he washed his hands, put on gloves BEFORE he put the needle into the machine, his skin never directly touched the area where my tattoo was, the ink, or the needle itself.

The shop itself is known for having clean products, but the people who DO the tattoos in the back room, are high and stupid, which is why i wanted a tattoo from someone else. I saw the work he did on the guy who took me there, i saw him do the work on his wifes shoulder [the names of her two sons and the flower in it] And the only problem i could tell was his hands would start hurting after about 4 hours, and when free handing he had a problem with space.

He wiped down my amr nice and clean after shavign some of the hair off. He rubbed a stick of deodorant over the area, applied the tracing paper with the tattoo design on it, and it left a purple mark for the outline, he took the needle, traced the outline with a shading needle and did what he could with that needle to hasten the process and then used the single needle for touch ups. He told me what to use, how to use it, what to stay away from, and about how long it would take to heal. And the man i saw him tattoo has his outline done only, and it's pure black, which is why i was asking. My friend and i didnt get pure black, but the man and his wife did.

Why are you all so negative around here?
niteshadepromise
Hardcore

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:44 pm

:happy1:

This should be fun.
PerfectCr

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Oh my. That is all.
yorvo
Hardcore

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:54 pm

JingForlorn wrote:I bought them from another shop....but the people who DO the tattoos in the back room, are high and stupid...
If they sold you needles they are definately high and stupid.
He wiped down my amr nice and clean after shavign some of the hair off. He rubbed a stick of deodorant over the area
The same deoderant stick he used on everyone else after shaving them.
Because you've done a foolish thing and are sharing it. We don't want to know how many times you've had unprotected anl sex or how much food you've eaten off the floor.

And in answer to your original question, you won't know how much has faded until it is fully healed.
fall_child138
Hardcore

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:02 pm

have you read any of the threads in this forum?.. try the search feature.. look up scratchers
then ask yourself..
why the fuck did i just go to a scratcher
and book yourself a test for hep c for 6 months from now

i say.. leave the tattoo as is... to remind yourself of how young and dumb you were..
JingForlorn

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:06 pm

yorvo wrote:
JingForlorn wrote:I bought them from another shop....but the people who DO the tattoos in the back room, are high and stupid...
If they sold you needles they are definately high and stupid.
He wiped down my amr nice and clean after shavign some of the hair off. He rubbed a stick of deodorant over the area
The same deoderant stick he used on everyone else after shaving them.
Because you've done a foolish thing and are sharing it. We don't want to know how many times you've had unprotected anl sex or how much food you've eaten off the floor.

And in answer to your original question, you won't know how much has faded until it is fully healed.

1. They are authorized to sell needles, Agression Studios. the only ones high are the ones doing the tattoo's because they never get anyone because of so many complaints.

2. Maybe, but it's not like the deodorant touched blood or anything, so i didnt see it as THAT big a health hazard, especially with the alcohol on the skin.

3. Why are you being such a negative ass as well? I didnt do something as foolish as half of you think, I did research, i asked questions, i made sure I was comfortable, i watched him work, i saw how he did it, and it wasnt a spur of the momment thing, i researched for a month ahead of time. i knew what i was getting into. And on top of that, i havent gone so low as to insult people or get angry, i'm entitling you to your opinions, like i thought i would be by joining this forum. Hell getting a tattoo by a drunk/high dumbass seems more intelligent than joining this forum.

4. Why didnt you say that without being a dick about it? Will it get darker or not?
mshaf

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:08 pm

JingForlorn wrote:Anything else i should consider?
Please don't reproduce.
JingForlorn

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:09 pm

fall_child138 wrote:have you read any of the threads in this forum?.. try the search feature.. look up scratchers
then ask yourself..

i say.. leave the tattoo as is... to remind yourself of how young and dumb you were..
I've looked through several pages, and didnt see this much negative bullshit.

It's not like i went and had it done by someone with a safety pin and Indian ink, i went to someone who had experience, results, and the right equipment.
JingForlorn

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:10 pm

mshaf wrote:
JingForlorn wrote:Anything else i should consider?
Please don't reproduce.
IS that a beard in your picture, Or did you forget to wipe the shit off your face again?
fall_child138
Hardcore

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:15 pm

JingForlorn wrote:
fall_child138 wrote:have you read any of the threads in this forum?.. try the search feature.. look up scratchers
then ask yourself..

I've looked through several pages, and didnt see this much negative bullshit.

It's not like i went and had it done by someone with a safety pin and Indian ink, i went to someone who had experience, results, and the right equipment.
there's a lot worse than this thread around here, honey, i tell you that much..
yes he may have HAD a shop... past tense.. why doesn't he have a shop now? why doesn't he have a spot in a shop now?..
maybe his techniques were too good for a shop, sure sounds like it.. /sarcasm
if you had to buy the needles and whatnots for him, then obviously he didn't have the right equipment, when i go to my artist, there's sure no mention of bringing your own needles
just because he had a machine, doesn't make him a legit artist..
shit, i can draw, pretty good if i can be so modest, but i sure wouldn't call myself an artist
anyways, chances are, no it won't get darker.. it's not like a fake and bake where you keep tanning after you leave the booth..
but for future references, i'd say it's a good probability that if you went into a shop and found a good artist, you most likely wouldn't have this issue arise..
unless you failed to be smart.. again..