Good Tattoo Shops in the CT area/minor pain question.

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

Cormamin

Sun May 18, 2008 8:38 pm

Hey there. :D

So my eighteenth birthday's coming up, and my sister offered to get me a tattoo for a present. The only hitch in the road (besides me obsessing over the either ever-present or non-existant pain XD) is the fact that NO ONE in my family can agree on a good shop in the area; a bunch of my friends say that certain shops around here (being Norwich, CT) are great, both health-wise and quality-wise, while my dad and sister claim they're crappy and dirty and all this. No one can agree over anything.

So! I was hoping either an artist or an enthusiast could help me out and name a few good quality places, since I'm getting one whether they agree or not; what I want isn't horribly complicated at all (nothing extensive), and it'll be straight black and grey, and I've made the pattern myself already, so I'm not looking for someone who can draw it all out for me, just someone who can tattoo it well, safely, and without any disastrous after-effects; I'd like to get some more somewhere down the line, and I want to make this a good experience. Distance really doesn't matter that much, if the art and precautions are worth it.

Another question I've got is this: I know pain tolerance differs from person to person, so I'm not expecting a specific answer, but the tattoo I want would be on my shoulder blades and the area between; is that probably going to be a horrible idea/is it going to hurt much worse than any other area? I know it'll be harder to take care of, but I'll manage; I'm more wondering if that's asking for trouble, or if there's any specific problems. :D

Thanks, guys, and have a nice night. <3
llamamix

Sun May 18, 2008 11:16 pm

i would check out joey capobianco heres the site check out his port...hes in the new haven area

http://joecapobianco.com/

hope it helps, but i can gurantee he has a waiting list
magnumman
Hardcore

Sun May 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Hope Gallery in New Haven and Transcend Tattoo in Branford I think are in your general area and have some of the best artists in the state. Unfortunately appt. wait is usually ridiculously long or impossible and some artists are very selective as to the size and style of piece they will do. You can probably get away with going somewhere else, PM me if you want info on other shops and artists in the state a little farther away. CT is small though. Where were you thinking of going?
Regarding the pain, there are more painful areas than where you mentioned.
NickyZ

Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:22 am

yeaa hope and transcend are by far the best. I go to transcend for everything. If you want good quality without such a long wait, try Sleepy Hollow in Milford
actualfact
Hardcore

Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:30 am

llamamix wrote:but i can gurantee he has a waiting list
joe isn't currently booking new clients.

and, i don't know for sure, but she said she already "made the pattern". that really doesn't even sound like a piece that someone like joe or any other greatly esteemed custom artist would be interested in.

cormamin, what's your design idea and do you have web links to the shops/artists you're debating?
magnumman
Hardcore

Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:05 pm

NickyZ wrote:yeaa hope and transcend are by far the best. I go to transcend for everything. If you want good quality without such a long wait, try Sleepy Hollow in Milford
Just curious, which artist(s) do you go to at Transcend or Sleepy Hollow? Sean Zee did my first piece at Transcend.
NickyZ

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:00 pm

i goto Luca Natalini...i have seen great things from sean zee though. I have never actually been to sleepy hollow i have just heard good things.
magnumman
Hardcore

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:55 pm

I've seen some of Luca's work and it's pretty sick. Then again about everyone at Transcend is damn good, that's obviously why wait list is so long for most of their artists. A friend goes to Lou Jacque exclusively and waits 6 mos. to a year at times to get in. How long typically do you wait for Luca?
NickyZ

Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:10 pm

usually about 4 months although i know hes booked till december right now..yeaa lou jaques stuff is pretty sick also..im goin next friday to get my half sleeve of a graveyard scene finished by luca..ill deff. post pics