Behind the ear

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

SJMA7

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:50 pm

Hey~ I'm about to get my first tattoo and its going to be a small ankh behind my right ear.. my question is for ppl who have a tatoo in this location..Pain really isn't a factor for me cuz i think you shouldn't worry about that if you really want the tatoo.. but I'm getting a lil nervous because ppl keep telling me its going to be horrible because its right on the bone.. of course none of these ppl actually have a tattoo there.. So i was just wanting a lil input from some actually experienced ppl!

Thanks Alot!
green_girl
Hardcore

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:57 pm

If pain isn't a factor, who cares what people say? Its not like you are talking about a mammoth session on your head. Have fun and post pictures!
CxCx
Verified

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:08 pm

I just got a "13" done behind my left ear on Friday the 13th, so the experience is fresh in my mind. I have a copious ammount of tattoos, and it was honestly the least painful tattoo I've received, hands down.

Beyond that, I typical do a few small behind-the-ear pieces a month, and I never have anyone complain about it.

You should be fine
SJMA7

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanks a bunch!
eyesawred

Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:24 am

Had to come out of lurkerdom to agree with CxCx.

Was tattooed behind my ear about 2 weeks ago. Least painful tattoo I have, without a doubt.

My artist made a comment about how behind the ear was becoming a trendy first tattoo in the shop, and I told him to make sure to mention to those people that this was not how tattoos feel.

The buzzing sensation in my head was odd, but the pain was minimal. I wouldn't say painless, but damn close. I have approx. 10 hours worth of work, and by all accounts, am a giant wuss when it comes to being tattooed.

Good luck. :D
PoiZster

Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 pm

I have a shamrock tattoo behind my ear

It wasn't exactly a painless experience nor should it be. However it was completely bearable and I was actually surprised how well I handled it. If you want it bad enough who cares about the pain! :)
buttwheat
Hardcore

Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:23 pm

shit this guys hair looks like my Heat misers hair.
Rider68
Hardcore

Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:56 pm

buttwheat wrote:shit this guys hair looks like my Heat misers hair.
Your Heat Miser has a faux-hawk?
SweetSubversive
Hardcore

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:28 am

eyesawred wrote: My artist made a comment about how behind the ear was becoming a trendy first tattoo in the shop, and I told him to make sure to mention to those people that this was not how tattoos feel.
It is definitely becoming trendy, since I got mine done a few years ago I keep noticing more and more of them. It'll be funny when some people get older and realize that that's a pretty visible place when they're not so fond of their tatoo anymore.

Anyways that area barely hurts if at all. Have fun.
buttwheat
Hardcore

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:34 am

Rider68 wrote:
buttwheat wrote:shit this guys hair looks like my Heat misers hair.
Your Heat Miser has a faux-hawk?

You be the judge
davey_p
Hardcore

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 am

SJMA7 wrote:Hey~ I'm about to get my first tattoo and its going to be a small ankh behind my right ear.. my question is for ppl who have a tatoo in this location..Pain really isn't a factor for me cuz i think you shouldn't worry about that if you really want the tatoo.. but I'm getting a lil nervous because ppl keep telling me its going to be horrible because its right on the bone.. of course none of these ppl actually have a tattoo there.. So i was just wanting a lil input from some actually experienced ppl!

Thanks Alot!
my mentor has a key hole on the back of his ear.. had it for about 7 years, still looks really good

and his wife just got a key in the same location... awwwwww.. lol

thought that was kind of cool
SergioKurba

Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:05 am

:) :) I consider that a tattoo behind an ear it is very healthy and original! Recently I found excellent article about a tattoo behind an ear http://tattoo-journal.com/25-best-ideas-for-ear-tattoo/
DonaldRider

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 am

Guys, I'm find great idea for ear tattoo with small elephant
So, more ideas for small tattoo with elephant you can find there http://thewildtattoo.com/the-charming-t ... elephants/