shitty experience at Laughing Buddha

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

MattCrunk
Hardcore

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:45 am

Spoken like a true enthusiast, Shady.

Most of us on the professional side of the fence are called professionals for a reason - we do this for a living. That means we don't like our time wasted. Drawing up something specific for a client is a huge waste of time if that client does not show, especially if that same time could have been spent tattooing someone else.
I have a very busy shop, and usually have to turn away five to six walk-ins per day as it is. Imagine how much money it would cost me, day after day, week after week, to spend two hours a day drawing designs for no-show clients only to be left with their measly $20 deposit (or worse, no deposit at all), when I could have spent that same time taking two walk-ins at $100 each. Do the math. That could add up to close to 50K per year in lost income.

Your artist should be on time for the appointment, yes, but then you should be prepared to wait while the artist prepares for you. Custom tattooing is not a quick process, nor should it be. You should never show up for your appointment with a tight schedule to keep. The best way to guarantee you'll get less than the artist's best work is to make him or her feel rushed.

On the day you get tattooed, your whole day should be about the tattoo. You should have nothing else planned and nowhere else to be. After all, how many days in your lifetime will you spend in a tattoo chair? Make them count.
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:38 pm

MattCrunk wrote:n the day you get tattooed, your whole day should be about the tattoo. You should have nothing else planned and nowhere else to be. After all, how many days in your lifetime will you spend in a tattoo chair? Make them count.
QFT