Judge These Arists! copy links an look at portfolios!! thnks

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

yorvo
Hardcore

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 pm

These are the two of Phil's that grabbed me right away for the style you posted. Black and gray and bold lines just like in your example.
ImageImage

These two of Ricardo's have less hard lines giving them a softer look. Both nice pieces but softer or fuzzy. Although part of what I was seeing as fuzzy was the out of focus pictures on his website.
ImageImage

But then I saw this script.

And this and thought he may be your guy.
ImageImage

Phil seems more graphic and Ricardo more realistic. I'm sure both of them will do a great job it just depends on what you want.
shady08aftermath
Hardcore

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:42 pm

If Ricardo does it, the script will be perfect, and the softness will make for good clouds, beams of light ect. ya think? Im down with having a very real looking hooded angel or a stylized, I guess all thats left to be worried about is Ricardo's ablility to tie things together. Because tieing things together is stylized, not realistic. An phils experience allows him to have seen it all. By having soft lines does that make the tattoo appear more grey by any chance? Because im into deep blacks which is why I lean towards phil a bit. What would you think about if I went to Ricardo just to get the calligraphy done as if thats all im getting, an then went to Phil a few days later, an phil did the rest? We could start on the bulb of my shoulder, and angel so the forearm would have time to heal and by the time it does in 2 weeks er so, i'd be ready to get that tied in to. Are there negatives to using 2 artists? is this a dumb idea? un-natural? do i trust one guy? this is so tough! haha an thanks for all the help!!!