On the Market...

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

foxonstilts
Hardcore

Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:05 am

So I didn't know if I should post this in the Studio section or the "My First Tattoo" section, but, seeing as how I don't actually have the tattoo yet and I'm still shop shopping, I thought this would be my best bet.

Basically what I'm wanting is to get a quetzal and a few hibiscus flowers on my upper arm (though possibly somewhere else, since I have really tiny arms.) Sorry I had to link to the pictures- flickr isn't letting me direct link to them.

Obviously, I'm looking for a LOT of bright color.

I'm trying to find a shop that can do this and make it overall awesome. I'm wanting this thing to pop, and I need the right artist to do this. :]

Now for location and how far I'm willing to travel!

I currently live around Nashville, Tennessee and this shop just opened a few months ago. I think they look awesome, particularly Lenny for what I'm looking for, but if anyone knows anyone better suited in the mid-south area, I'd love to hear. Specifically, Northern Alabama/Georgia/Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, and maybe just a little bit further. I'm not sure how many people around here live in the area, but I know MattKrunk is in Northern Alabama (I hope I'm not mistaken?)

Either way, any kind of advice/help would be pretty kickass.
actualfact
Hardcore

Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:36 am

black 13 would be a great choice. i'm a big fan of josh woods.

here are a couple more that come to mind:

kyle cotterman - http://www.kylecotterman.com
miami burgess - http://www.psychotats.com
robp23
Hardcore

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:39 am

Kyle Cotterman is an amazing artist. Ive seen his work first hand and you will not be let down if you choose him. My artist(who also happens to be a good friend of mine) and him are really good pals. Kyle is well known for his portrait work.

If you choose any of the artist actualfact listed you'll get great work regardless.

Good luck.
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:32 am

Also a big fan of Black 13. Just this month, Lenny and Steve had specials for $200, whatever you wanna get sessions to fill their appointment book from cancellations in September. Add them to myspace to get the rundown.
foxonstilts
Hardcore

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:50 pm

I'm glad you guys approve of Black 13. I think I'll probably go to them, since they're closer, but it'll probably be a few months so that I can save up a bit and it'll be warm enough so I can wear short-sleeves regularly.
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:11 pm

foxonstilts wrote:I'm glad you guys approve of Black 13. I think I'll probably go to them, since they're closer, but it'll probably be a few months so that I can save up a bit and it'll be warm enough so I can wear short-sleeves regularly.
Yeah, it's a great shop. My dad may move to TN (not biodad super_sam, but the one who raised me), and if he does, I'm making an appt. with Josh Woods as soon as humanly possible.