Top Pittsburgh, PA Artists?????

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

PSlim2112

Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:11 am

Looking at getting a sleeve in black and gray. I really need a true professional and creative artist near the Pittsburgh PA area. Moving to L.A. to play in a signed band in two months and the manager told me to be careful who I choose to go to. Its a custom theme that is based on a classic treasure map that symbolizes the path of my life. Any suggestions would be more than grateful.
PSlim2112

Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Hey thanks for the reply I checked out both artist's and liked some of there stuff but not sure if anything in particular grabbed like I wanted it too. Like Jason's Japanese type stuff but I wasn't really looking for that type of style
PSlim2112

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:51 pm

I looked all those pages you listed and all the artists really looked amazing. I am not a veteran at all at picking up who would be best for the job. I have the theme in mind which is a treasure map kind of classic with things along the road of the map such as starting with my mother, then maybe a classic vintage drum, a mountain with snow and with presistance written somewhere on my forearm near the end. I want it be classy, classic but modern at the same time. Mainly all black and Grey I was thinking. I realize its just going to be alot of trust in the artist. Anyone one or two artist in particular on those shops you listed would sound right for the job?? Thank you so much for your advice so far
PyrrhusDarwinCastello
Hardcore

Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:48 am

I would think that Tim Victim out of those could be a good pick.

http://www.fixedarmy.com/tim.php / http://www.timvictim.com

And also you have to be prepared that color would also be a option. Because the artist knows best what will look good.
PSlim2112

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:54 am

Thank you so much for your help I checked out his work and really liked it. I will keep that in mind also about the color.