"some of the BEST" in the SOUTH

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

Fake

Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:49 am

i was reading the "some of the BEST" thread and was wondering if anyone knew or had any feedback on any of these guys:

Aaron Cain - Key West, FL
Dave Martinez - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Deano Cook - Atlanta, GA
Jason Brooks - Austin
Josh Woods - ATL, GA.
Miami Burgess - Douglassville, GA
Mike Parsons - Tampa, FL
Nate Beavers - Houston, TX

specifically looking for a cover up artist or one who does them well, u know what i mean.

Fake
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:38 am

Fake wrote:i was reading the "some of the BEST" thread and was wondering if anyone knew or had any feedback on any of these guys:

Aaron Cain - Key West, FL
Dave Martinez - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Deano Cook - Atlanta, GA
Jason Brooks - Austin
Josh Woods - ATL, GA.
Miami Burgess - Douglassville, GA
Mike Parsons - Tampa, FL
Nate Beavers - Houston, TX

specifically looking for a cover up artist or one who does them well, u know what i mean.

Fake
they're all great artists, but each has a specialty. before deciding whether they'll cover up your work, decide exactly the style you want based on their portfolios.

aaron cain does biomech. mike parsons and deano cook do underwater realism. just google their names or myspace search them and check out their work. once you find a style you like, call the shop and ask about cover ups (if there aren't cover ups in the images you saw online).

like we said in the other thread, your tattoo really isn't that dark. and the good thing is, all of those guys have a wait list of at least a couple months probably, and you want a pretty big sized area tattooed, so spend that time tanning and just fading the shit out of what you already have.

word of warning: most of those guys are pretty expensive. at least compared to what the coworker guy charged you. look to spend probably 150/hr, maybe more, depending on the artist. if you have an interesting piece or maybe if they're sympathetic to your meth head tattoo, they'll cut you a small break. but they may also end up charging you more for the pure sake that you let that dude tattoo you in the first place. :wink:
yorvo
Hardcore

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 am

That really all you need to know.
hgiles
Hardcore

Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:07 pm

1 decide what you want
2 find a great artist that's already doing what you want
3 ask him if it will work as a cover
4 then sit down
Fake

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:09 pm

aight preciate it.
Xynix

Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Deano Cook is a legend and I've seen him in action. Great guy. Deano runs the Psycho Tattoo shops in the Atlanta area. The only tattoo I have not been happy with was NOT done in one of Deano's shops.

Miami Burgess and Mike Parsons have both done work on me and they are both professional guys who do GREAT work. I would recommend any three of them. In fact I've just asked Miami to do more work on me and that's a pretty good sign that I like his stuff.

X
sidelvar
Hardcore

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:41 pm

Hey Xy, before you get into the habit (like so many other new guys around here) make sure you are checking the dates of posts BEFORE you post in it. It seems kind of pointless to answer a question over two months old doesn't it? Oh yeah! welcome to the forum bro.
ProphBundy
Hardcore

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:00 am

I'll have to check these artists out.

Go check out a few of my favorite Artists in Atlanta

Tattoos by Randy -
http://www.myspace.com/tattoosbyrandy

Miya Bailey - http://www.myspace.com/miyabailey/

Brandon Bond - http://www.brandonbond.com/

and since we're talking about the South, another of my favorite artists...

Boog - Texas - http://www.myspace.com/boogtattoo
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:14 am

Josh Woods in TN, Nick Baxter in TX

skip Brandon Bond. Too expensive and too long of a wait for just getting a name.
Neuschie

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Personally i would love to get some work done by Josh Woods in TN
Aivanne
Hardcore

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Neuschie wrote:Personally i would love to get some work done by Josh Woods in TN
maybe an 8 weeks wait

he keeps it real.