Validate me please

Place a request to join the Tattoo Artist/Apprentice Sections

Moderator: EvilJay

nicoblue_0707

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm a beginner and i don't know much about the site but i'm trying to learn.
I would like to try and get and apprenticeship with a shop around me in Virginia Beach but i'm thinking from the things that i have read thus far...i am going to get nowhere.
I draw pretty decent the only thing i can't get down is drawing people it is the hardest thing in the world, i'm taking classes now but i don't think i'm ever going to get it down.
My other downfall is i can look at a picture from anywhere and i can draw it like that but i can't for the life of me take something out of my head and draw it...i get like a mental block or something and i don't know what i need to learn to try and fix that.
If you have any input please help me out...it would mean the world to me! :D
reefdiver
Hardcore

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:21 pm

nothing wrong with getting an apprenticeship at a place that does pretty much nothing but tattooing flash off the wall........i'd guess that a place like virginia beach would have a couple places like that catering to young people that are there for vacation and just walk in and say.........."i like that one over there"
BostonJoeHamilton

Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:19 am

Well ,,I cant VALIDATE you into either of the rooms,,.One is for ARTIST only ,the other is for those who are ALREADY APPRENTICING in a legal studio..I do however wish you lots of luck finding a shot ...Here is what I would do ..Put together a good DRAWING portfolio,,Take some course at the red cross,, cpr first aid and blood born pathogen ...,,,,Now you are ready to look for a teacher,,,The drawings and course show a seriuose attitude,..Hope it helps ,