Validate me damn it...

Place a request to join the Tattoo Artist/Apprentice Sections

Moderator: EvilJay

CourtJester

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Okay… I’m just getting into the tattooing thing again. It’s been about 10 years since I’ve done anything and I recently spent a bajesus ton of money getting a bajesus ton of shit ordered. It should be here on Monday or Tuesday. I came here entirely to learn. Really not much more.

About me….

Always been an art nut and won a slew of art awards throughout school and went to The School For the Performing Arts in Cincinnati for a bit as a tike before heading off to Australia.

I got hooked on getting raked at about 18. Went from a small tattoo on my forearm to expanding it, getting the name on it covered, getting a tribal from my ankle to my hip, drawing one up for my right shoulder, learning tattooing for a while with the guy that did the rest, tattooing most of what I designed for my right shoulder (couldn’t reach all of it but still damn good going with my left hand while right handed), and drawing a design for my back and getting the set tattooed on my back.

From there I got tied up in work which paid for the tattoos and built my career in process management for Toyota which shipped me around the world learning and training and have since moved on to another company to help build them. While the economy was in the shitter, we opened a new plant and grew in the other six. Not bad for a white guy… Huh???

Now, I’m back, settled down, kicking it in Iowa, and looking for another challenge. My wife will have here Ph. D. in psychology in about two years and she can support me for a while as I get a tattoo shop or two opened. I’ve spent most of my life making and saving other people money and I’m reaching the point that I would much rather do it for myself and would like a career that would allow me to draw, see boobies, work closely with the consuming customer, see timely results based largely on my own performance, and allow me to listen to the radio while I work.

So validate me and let me learn damn it….
Live4him
Hardcore

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Did you even see the validation requirements?

To be validated as a tattoo artist, we need a spore test copy sent, and the number of your shop to call and verify its an actual shop.

To be verified as an apprentice, I believe all we need is the number of the shop you're apprenticing at to call and verify.

better detailed here: http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooforum/ ... 76&start=0
CourtJester

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Live4him wrote:Did you even see the validation requirements?

To be validated as a tattoo artist, we need a spore test copy sent, and the number of your shop to call and verify its an actual shop.

To be verified as an apprentice, I believe all we need is the number of the shop you're apprenticing at to call and verify.

better detailed here: http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooforum/ ... 76&start=0
An opportunity to learn block by verifiable learning??? Ight....
Captain Morgan screwed me again.
No biggie.
Live4him
Hardcore

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:30 pm

Your post confuses me.

From what I attempted to understand however...
No, we don't allow "self-learners" (aka scratchers) into the tattoo forum because it is a flawed way of learning tattooing. If however, you gain an apprenticeship, you will be more than welcome to gain access to the apprenticeship forum.
CourtJester

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:11 pm

I assume getting reacquainted after a past apprenticeship with an artist who's daughter died and he got all wacked out and slit his wrist doesn't count??? I can give you the number but I don't think he'll answer.

Fucken seriously here... I'm a 34 year old that sitting here with a glass of rum that is seriously looking for nothing more than getting back into the past and possibly build on past solid education.

I'm in the process of getting moved to and unpacked in Iowa. I'll locate the flash drives over the next week or two and post pics of my past work to validate that I'm not a "self learner".

It's all good.
Live4him
Hardcore

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:27 pm

The rules are still as I mentioned before.

As far as I know, they don't change based on circumstance.

Also our validation process is currently up in limbo just to warn you. The person who usually runs this area has been very busy with his real life, and we don't have anyone to take his place as of yet.
CourtJester

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Yeah, whatever...

Here's all I have on my computer at the moment. I road through Deals Gap in a thong so i had to save the shots from killboy.com but I did everything I could reach on my led myself. Drew up the back myself.
Yeah, I'm a self learner for sure....

I'll get better pics up later.
CourtJester

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Found one....

I do wheelies too...???

Live4him
Hardcore

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Thats nice. If you're a tattoo artist then we still need the rest of the information listed in that link.
CourtJester

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 pm

He was in Princeton Indiana. Tommy Roberts but went by Tommy Gunn. Shop's closed now. I'll get pics of some of my personal shit up when I get unpacked and locate some stuff.

You tattoo people are far too requiring... I'll bug the bajejus out of you until then just because I have nothing else to do until the move is completed.
InkedHAILstones

Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:19 am

CourtJester wrote:Yeah, whatever...

Here's all I have on my computer at the moment. I road through Deals Gap in a thong so i had to save the shots from killboy.com but I did everything I could reach on my led myself. Drew up the back myself.
Yeah, I'm a self learner for sure....

I'll get better pics up later.
Total FAG FUCK.....Why would anyone pose like this on a motorcycle. You fucking queer fuck.
yorvo
Hardcore

Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:50 am

InkedHAILstones wrote: Image
Total FAG FUCK.....Why would anyone pose like this on a motorcycle. You fucking queer fuck.
What's up with this sudden fascination with the male body?
InkedHAILstones

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:51 am

yorvo wrote:
InkedHAILstones wrote: Image
What's up with this sudden fascination with the male body?
You should change your name to, Homoyorvo. :lol:
yorvo
Hardcore

Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:01 pm

InkedHAILstones wrote: You should change your name to, Homoyorvo. :lol:
That's the name of the motorcycle he's riding.
CourtJester

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:19 pm

:lol: Outstanding come backs.