New tattoo and taking antibiotics, QUESTION!!!

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

jamdemos

Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:41 pm

I just got a tattoo finished yesterday and I was wondering today I was prescribed an antibiotic for something else and I was just wondering if it would be bad to take it with a new tattoo like maybe my body would reject the ink or something.

Thanks for any advice,

-James
PyrrhusDarwinCastello
Hardcore

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Well, I got tattooed week ago, still healing and I'm on antibiotics. Havent seen anything peculiar
Rufus08
Hardcore

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:19 pm

The antibiotics should have no effect on the new tattoo.
phantommenace
Hardcore

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:34 pm

why you guy's even on them ?.. i never realy take them unless it's life or death ... i just ask my doc if it's absolutely necessary !

ppl abuse them way too much.
FORK
Hardcore

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 pm

jamdemos wrote:I just got a tattoo finished yesterday and I was wondering today I was prescribed an antibiotic for something else and I was just wondering if it would be bad to take it with a new tattoo like maybe my body would reject the ink or something.

Thanks for any advice,

-James
Antibiotics aren't blood thinners or anything and seeing as ink isn't "biotic" (alive) the antibiotics won't do anything to it. post pics of the tattoo though!
jamdemos

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Oh I beleive you that they are way overly prescribed just like ADD and ADHD medication is, if somethings wrong with you they write a prescription for it.
jamdemos

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:10 pm

FORK wrote:
jamdemos wrote:I just got a tattoo finished yesterday and I was wondering today I was prescribed an antibiotic for something else and I was just wondering if it would be bad to take it with a new tattoo like maybe my body would reject the ink or something.

Thanks for any advice,

-James
Antibiotics aren't blood thinners or anything and seeing as ink isn't "biotic" (alive) the antibiotics won't do anything to it. post pics of the tattoo though!
I'll post a pic a bit later when I get my camera and have time, I origanly posted this thread http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooforum/ ... hp?t=12905
and trust me it looks nothing like the picture the whole head was changed and I like it alot.
postwardreamkerri
Hardcore

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:07 pm

The antibiotics will not affect your new ink.
jamdemos

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks again for all the answers to my question I appreciate it, now I dont have to worry.

-James
cowakegirl
Hardcore

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:17 pm

ok just to clear something up both blood and the bugs that antibiotics attack are living organisms. taking an antibiotic with a new tattoo shouldnt pose a threat to the ink except for the fact that the antibiotics increased blood cell activity which has the possibility to diminish ink, possible not probable. however if done under imperfect circumatances a infection can result. depending on the type of antibiotic it can either ruduce or eradicate the infection.
antibiotics are definetly overprescribed...why would we expect anything different with this fix me now mentality. when i worked in an er i used to lmao when people would come in and whine the entire time they sat in the er (6+ hours) ranting about how sick they were and then the doc would calmly describe to them that antibiotics are necessary for each instance, then they would pop their top and go nuts even though it was exactly what the nurse had explained when they originally checked in.
Gloom
Hardcore

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:12 am

A lot of people go to the ER expecting instant gratification and to be treated with swift, tremendous, and exacting care (and I think we all want the same thing for ourselves and loved ones.. even if it is a bit of a spoiled brat way of looking at it.) It's a bummer to be hurt or really sick and go to the hospital, and wait around for 6 hours, just to have a Dr. look at you for 2 sec and tell you that nothing can be done until you complete a round of antibiotics. Which for a lot of people, (especially people my age; Who've been fed antibiotics from a young age) do nothing.

A few months ago I developed an abscess in my gums from an infected tooth, and I was in the most discomfort I think I've ever been in. I literally had to wait 3 weeks before I could have any procedure done because the 1st antibiotics did nothing.

So, basically what I am saying is: make sure you visit your doctor before the ER unless you've been shot or something, and don't stand for wimpy penicillin if you've been taking it in high doses since you were 4.
cowakegirl
Hardcore

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:14 pm

i totally agree, given the choice between the doctors office or the er go with the doctor unless it is a life or limb emergency. ers werent designed to treat patients for non emergent care unfortunately in todays society alot of people cant afford health insurance so when they get sick or hurt they go to the emrgency room. i worked in a busy city er and it wasnt uncommon for people with non emergent cases to wait the better part of 24 hours to be treated, everytime an emergency case came through the doors the people in the waiting room were pushed further back on the list of patients waiting to be seen.
shruti0727
Hardcore

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:33 am

Roku.com/link- To get started with roku.com/link activate & setting up Roku. Setup Roku com link with easy steps by using Roku activation link code
shruti0727
Hardcore

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:51 am

Roku is streaming device, everyone wishes to watch their favorite channel without spending more on entertainment, and Roku is best for your valid entertainment.In Roku there are various types of entertainment some are free to watch.Visit: roku.com/link for more details :
shruti0727
Hardcore

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:06 am

visit for activation of webroot or you can manage your account with webroot simply by clicking here:webroot.com/safe