nipple piercing being rejected, or infected?

Questions related to piercings

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, jamison

sloppyjoe
Hardcore

Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:52 pm

so i have my nipples pierced for 1 1/2 years now when i first got em they healed very quickly and hadn't had any problems with them until just recently. just a few day to a week ago both nipple piercings have become pretty sore and tender,a bit itchy at times and with a bit of lymphing going on..after just a few days i had no problems with the right nipple but the left one got slightly worse its a bit redish (more than usualy)it look a little swollen and looks like now the balls on the barbell are almost getting sucked through the hole of the piercing as opposed to before..but i dont know if it looks like that because it might be a little swollen. anyone have any ideas what might be going on here? im not ready to take them out but a few more days of this i might succumb to it. any opions woud be of help...thanks!
sidelvar
Hardcore

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Sounds like a simple irritation to me.

If its rejecting your body will be pushing the barbell out typically towards the bottom of your nipple and occasionally the tip. You know when its rejecting. Infections will swell pretty bad,and you will typically get puss (do not confuse this with lymph).
I would suggest sea salt soaks twice a day every day for atleast 2 weeks. If a crustie has gotten into your piercing then it is tearing at the fistula causing minor swelling and a ton of pain. Do a soak, wipe down the exposed barbell with a q-tip and remove all the junk. Once you have done that your going to have to push the barbell from one side to expose as much as you can and clean it as well. Only do that once to ensure the barbell is clean.

Personaly My nips always have a little lypmh at least once a week so I am dealing with this like maybe once every 3 months when my ring will twist while sleeping. No big deal, just try not to piss it off.
sloppyjoe
Hardcore

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:15 am

wow thank you so much they def should be helpful im def gonna try te soaks the the cleansing. should i take the barbell out and clean it or just puch side to side and clean? i also get the crusties always too, but this is the first time they actully hurt..almost feel like they are new again.
sidelvar
Hardcore

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:52 am

yeah whats happening is that the crusties have gotten into your piercing and torn the fistula creating an open wound inside your nipple. Due to the fact that the area is SO sensitive it hurts like a bitch (like paper cuts inside your nips almost). The guide to the soaks and stuff is in the stickie.

I personally do NOT remove the barbell unles you can see a scratch in the surface of the bar. Reason is that you are simply providing more ways for nasty shit to get into an open wound that is not as easily treated as say a paper cut. Only reason you push the barbell out to see it at all is to see if it dirty and to make sure its not scratched somehow.
sloppyjoe
Hardcore

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:27 pm

ok thanks so much. i woke up this morning with shooting pains coming from it. i will try the soaks and just really cleaning it out over the next few days and see what happens. i hope this goes awal real quick, the pain is actually what woke me up this morning!
sidelvar
Hardcore

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:23 am

yeah it sucks when it happens. how long it takes really just depends on your body. Best place to clean your piercing will be in the shower and just keep in mind to wash your hands and to pet dry the area as rubbing will just irritate it more.
sloppyjoe
Hardcore

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:10 am

yesterday it hurt like a mother fucker. probably hurt more than when it was first pireced. today its better, not so sore just a bit tender and red around the nipple. lets hope these are good signs of healing and not the calm before the storm sort of speak!!