Tattoo will not stay in skin!!

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Brienna

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi everyone.

I came on here hoping someone could shed some light on my situation. I have had gotten my eyebrows cosmetically tattoo's 2 times now. The first lady who did it did an o.k. job and told me to use polysporin for after care. 2 weeks passed and it started to "chip" off and noticed the ink did not stay at all!!! and when I mean at all i mean nothing!

I went to another lady who did this for a second opinion. She said she did not go deep enough and you never ever use polysporin for it will take the ink out. I decided to try her about 3 months later. I went to her 2 weeks ago and once again the color did not stay!! she said she had no idea but thinks it could be the after care. I used vaseline this time and kept water, sun, and sweat away as much as possible.

Does anyone have a idea as to why it wont stay in? I was an idiot when I was younger and always shaved/plucked my eyebrows out and now at 24 my eyebrows never grow back so I always have drawn them on since. Most people say they look real cuz I draw them on as natural as possible. I just get sick of drawing them on and want a more "real" look with the hair stroke affect they do now.

Is it the ink? am I allergic? or maybe my skin doesn't like ink?

Any ideas? Thank you :)
buttwheat
Hardcore

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Maybe try to go to a tattoo artist instead on a cosmetic tattooist. Find someone that does some kick ass realism. Where do you live?
Brienna

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:34 pm

I went into a tattoo shop today but the guy wasn't in and she told me she would ask him and to call her back in a few days. I live in Vancouver BC Canada. I hope men are good at doing eyebrows like a women is he he he :p
buttwheat
Hardcore

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:04 pm

We have several members in the BC area hopefully they can chime in with a great artist for that. You are going to want someone that can do kick ass realism.
Live4him
Hardcore

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:36 pm

And don't use vaseline this time. :wink:
Freddie
Hardcore

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 am

buttwheat wrote:We have several members in the BC area hopefully they can chime in with a great artist for that. You are going to want someone that can do kick ass realism.
Tattooing on eyebrows is an ENTIRELY different procedure than doing a "kick ass realism" piece...Just figured I'd throw that one out there.
buttwheat
Hardcore

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:25 am

Freddie wrote:
buttwheat wrote:We have several members in the BC area hopefully they can chime in with a great artist for that. You are going to want someone that can do kick ass realism.
Tattooing on eyebrows is an ENTIRELY different procedure than doing a "kick ass realism" piece...Just figured I'd throw that one out there.
Thanks. Should she stick with a cosmetic tattooist?
Freddie
Hardcore

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:55 am

I'd say to find a professional tattooer that's certified and experienced in cosmetic tattooing. I've seen some AMAZING cosmetic tattooing done at conventions, but it's all seemed really far removed from traditional tattooing to me. That said, cosmetic tattooing WILL fade, that's just a part of the game. generally it lasts between 1-3 years, depending on the wearer and the tattooer.

My grandmother-in-law actually travels from PA to Virginia every other years to get her eyebrows and eyeliner re-done, but I'm honestly not sure as to where she goes or who she goes to.
phantommenace
Hardcore

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 am

Brienna wrote:I went into a tattoo shop today but the guy wasn't in and she told me she would ask him and to call her back in a few days. I live in Vancouver BC Canada. I hope men are good at doing eyebrows like a women is he he he :p
i'm from van, wich shop did you go too?
EvilJay
Hardcore

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:10 am

In MI, there are no laws or training pertaining to "Permanant Makeup" "artists". Most women who get into this as a side gig or even a full time thing, have little to no understanding of tattooing or the like. I have seem some horrible stuff. I don't have any idea how you would go about finding someone in the field that isnt a complete hack. Good luck I guess..
katscratch

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:28 pm

im not sure about the bc area im near seattle myself, the thing about after care is from my experience, you dont want to use polysporen nor vaseline, both just arent good for ya, a&d and non scented non dyed lotion is prefered for ink. the best suggestion for you i have is go to a good shop and ask them, talk to the artist. though ive heard and had ppl use some stupid things to treat their ink while healing ive never had anyones ink fully disappear, though thats tattoo and not cosmetic
buttwheat
Hardcore

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:15 am

katscratch wrote:im not sure about the bc area im near seattle myself

I'm in the Seattle area also. What shop do you work at?
Dangergirl
Hardcore

Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 am

Because I am so fair, I decided to have my eyebrows added in a little by a cosmetic tattoo artist. She does it lighter than a conventional tattoo, so I have it touched up every 3 yrs or so, for a natural look. I've also had my eyeliner done.
Everytime, I've used vaseline to heal for a week, with NO problems. It simply is slightly different technique and doesnt last as long.
tattooler

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:57 am

sure, tattoo artist can be a better choice
yorvo
Hardcore

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:05 pm

From what I've heard they use an ink that is designed to fade.