Evening all

Give a brief introduction of who you are and your interest in tattoos. <br> <a href="http://www.everytattoo.com/member.php?action=uploadform">Upload tattoos here</a>

Moderators: sidelvar, EvilJay

Murv
Hardcore

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Just thought I'd make a post, been reading loads of old threads here over the last couple of weeks, good stuff :D

Anyway, not surprisingly, I got my first ever ink started a couple of weeks back hence my interest.
I have another 5 sessions booked so it won't be finished until November (one a Month to coincide with payday :wink: ) so I'll get some pics up when there's more progress.

Cheers,

Chris :)
reefdiver
Hardcore

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:54 pm

post up a pick of what ya got so far..........
Murv
Hardcore

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Nooooo, I've seen what happens when people put pics up :shock:

Ok then, just the one, but it's biomech so no-one will like it :lol:

yorvo
Hardcore

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Cool start. Welcome.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:05 pm

^ agreed...........someone here just finished a big biomech.,........

stick around and keep us updated.........

thanks
yorvo
Hardcore

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 pm

I was a bicycle messenger so I'm partial to bike stuff.
magnumman
Hardcore

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Welcome, thanks for posting the pic and congrats on the tattoo.
green_girl
Hardcore

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:49 pm

I think you are mixing up biomech and tribal! Another bike fan, I'm trying to figure out which derailer your pic is based on.
buttwheat
Hardcore

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Welcome looks like a brilliant start. Very clean. Who is doing it?
green_girl wrote: which derailer your pic is based on.
Campy???
Murv
Hardcore

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:50 am

Thanks all, appreciated.

I don't know what the derailleur was, but I think it was modified by the artist anyway. Doesn't look like anything I've seen before but I think it was based on a SRAM short cage jobby.

(Warning, quick life story coming up:)
The inspiration behind this was that I've always wanted a tat, but never really been "into them" and couldn't think of anything I'd genuinely want on me for the rest of my life (or a bit longer.)
A few Years ago I was over 20 stone (280lbs) and desperately unfit so had to make some changes.
Long story short, mountain biking and cycling was the only thing I stuck at and have lost over 5 stone (70lbs) now.
I've always liked biomech tattoos (I'm sure it's bio? I thought tribal was patterns accentuating muscle etc?) so had the idea of doing some sort of cycling biomech thing to remind me of what I've achieved and a bit of inspiration to keep at it.

I can't draw at all so all I could do was a crappy sketch of the idea and took a load of print outs of ink I really liked to a few artists.

This ink is actually a lot different from what I started with, the original idea wouldn't have worked.

I've got what I wanted in this one which was the concept of biomech but all human powered stuff.
The rest of it will be Giger type art just because I think it's cool and I'm letting the artist have free reign with that because I think he'll do a better job that way.

Next session in a couple of weeks so I have to start thinking about colours.
I'm thinking Silver/alloy type for the sprocket and chain, dull red for the spring and the Gigery Blue/Green for the rest.
The wing at the top will be chrome (I didn't buy that idea at all but the artist was convinced it will look awesome so rightly or wrongly I'm going with it)
any thoughts?

The artist is a bloke fairly local to me (I'm in the UK,) http://www.ritual-art-tattoo.com/www.ri ... .html#grid
He's actually overhauled the whole website recently so a lot of his best stuff (that made me choose him) isn't back up there yet.
I don't really rate his portrait work that much but I do like his other work which was closer to what I was after.

Sorry for all the waffle..

Cheers,

Chris
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:12 am

Welcome! What green_girl meant by you mixing up tribal and biomech was that this board doesn't tend to like tribal (but is generally more appreciative of biomech).

The dude's portfolio is a little weird - some of it looks really smooth and the colors are bright and make sense, and some of it... isn't that way. But I know a number of dudes who aren't good at keeping online portfolios up to date and are thus are actually doing much more impressive work than it appears. Good start to your leg, btw - look forward to seeing the progress.

I need to get a mountain bike.
Murv
Hardcore

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:44 am

Ah, sorry, I get it now :oops:
It's just when i was searching biomech on here a lot of comments seemed to be that it wasn't peoples thing but I've always loved it.
I actually quite like tribal too but I think it has to be done well (usually isn't) and I think you have to be ripped to pull it off so it's not something I'd ever want.

The artist's online portfolio is a bit weird now, his books are far better.
The only thing that really put me off to start with was a large Iguana that had been done as a back piece which was crap (in my opinion)
But, like I say, I really do like his bio type stuff so hopefully it'll turn out OK.

Get the mountain bike! 8)

Cheers,

Chris
Stubarber
Hardcore

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:14 am

Great stuff!
sidelvar
Hardcore

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:57 am

Murv wrote:Ah, sorry, I get it now :oops:
It's just when i was searching biomech on here a lot of comments seemed to be that it wasn't peoples thing but I've always loved it.
I actually quite like tribal too but I think it has to be done well (usually isn't) and I think you have to be ripped to pull it off so it's not something I'd ever want.
Your observation is probably correct. There are lots of really well done tattoos here that none of us would wear and others that all of us are probably a little envious of.

This forum is filled with opinionated individuals, but it doesn't stop us from appreciating a well done tattoo regardless of it's content. Welcome to the forum...

**I just realized this is my first real post in months lol**
Murv
Hardcore

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Cheers Guys 8)

Makes sense, it'd be a boring old World if we all liked the same thing!