Will my tattoo stretch as I grow?

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

x561x

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:04 am

I'm 16, about 5'7 and have been thinking about getting a tattoo on my chest for a while. I will definitely be growing after I get the tattoo and I'm wondering if it will stretch or deform in anyway.

Please don't post about me being to young or recommend I don't do it. It is my family and I's decision. I am solely looking for an answer to my question.
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:17 am

Better to get it on your chest than where all the other 16 year olds want it (i.e., highly visible areas.)

Without knowing you or what your tattoo plans are, I'd say that unless you grow a LOT or gain a ton of muscle mass you should be fine. What are you planning to get?
x561x

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:36 am

Yeah, I'll never have a tattoo in a highly visible area. But anyways, the tattoo will be a cross.

Thanks for your response.
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:40 am

make sure its upside down and you'll be fine kid
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:51 am

x561x wrote:Yeah, I'll never have a tattoo in a highly visible area. But anyways, the tattoo will be a cross.

Are you religious or just unoriginal?

And never say never.
magnumman
Hardcore

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 am

Nice, a 16 year old who wants a cross tattoo. That must have taken years to come up with that idea.

We can probably recommend a good cover up artist or laser removal when the time comes, too.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:02 am

well, your breasts WILL grow once you reach puberty...
EvilJay
Hardcore

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Guido by chance?
Angertank
Hardcore

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I stopped growing when I was 16, so you might too, and then your tattoo won't stretch.
x561x

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:31 pm

JimiDanglez wrote:make sure its upside down and you'll be fine kid
I'm not satanic like your dumbass, sorry. Burn in hell.
kohlhaas wrote:
x561x wrote:Yeah, I'll never have a tattoo in a highly visible area. But anyways, the tattoo will be a cross.

Are you religious or just unoriginal?

And never say never.
I'm obviously religious. How would this tattoo be un-original? It is completely unique. It is a cross with a ribbon flowing around it that has Joel 2:25-26 on the face of the ribbon with my interpretation of the verse written on a place I haven't chose yet. This represents my family and my religious beliefs.

Now I have a question for you.

Do you have any more smart ass comments you'd like to share with me?
magnumman wrote:Nice, a 16 year old who wants a cross tattoo. That must have taken years to come up with that idea.

We can probably recommend a good cover up artist or laser removal when the time comes, too.
I'm sure my tattoo has a lot more meaning behind it than the useless ink you probably have on your body, if you have any at all.
reefdiver wrote:well, your breasts WILL grow once you reach puberty...
I'm 16 years old, I've already reached puberty.
EvilJay wrote:Guido by chance?
No, but there's a pretty high chance your an idiot that watches a little too much Jersey Shore.
Angertank wrote:I stopped growing when I was 16, so you might too, and then your tattoo won't stretch.
I doubt I'll stop growing, but thanks for the reply.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:55 pm

TattooCrossDouche wrote:
EvilJay wrote:Guido by chance?
No, but there's a pretty high chance your an idiot that watches a little too much Jersey Shore.
It's "you're"... Only cause you were using it incorrectly in telling me what an idiot I am... You're still fuckin ghey...
reefdiver
Hardcore

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:43 pm

x561x wrote:I'm not satanic like your dumbass, sorry. Burn in hell.
uh, that comment is not very christ like.....
x561x wrote:How would this tattoo be un-original? It is completely unique. It is a cross with a ribbon flowing around it that has Joel 2:25-26 on the face of the ribbon
that's true, i've never seen a cross tattoo with a ribbon wrapped around it,,,,i'll try googling this when i have some time...
x561x wrote:I'm 16 years old, I've already reached puberty.
let's see your breasts.......??
x561x wrote: I doubt I'll stop growing, but thanks for the reply.
you mean NEVER ???

here's my favorite cross tattoo,,,,

and in all seriousness, i would love to see your interpertation of joel2:25-26 tattoo

Joel 2:25-26

And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
Angertank
Hardcore

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:34 am

Hahaha! Excellent thread devolution. :lol:
F250JR
Hardcore

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:10 am

x561x wrote: I'm not satanic like your dumbass, sorry. Burn in hell.

I'm obviously religious. How would this tattoo be un-original? It is completely unique. It is a cross with a ribbon flowing around it that has Joel 2:25-26 on the face of the ribbon with my interpretation of the verse written on a place I haven't chose yet. This represents my family and my religious beliefs.

Now I have a question for you.

Do you have any more smart ass comments you'd like to share with me?

I'm sure my tattoo has a lot more meaning behind it than the useless ink you probably have on your body, if you have any at all.

I'm 16 years old, I've already reached puberty.

I doubt I'll stop growing, but thanks for the reply.
Buddy I got to say one thing. You may feel devout and spiritual because you're planning on getting a tattoo which emblazons your beliefs on your chest. Fine. I can understand that...we've all been there in some form or another. I can even respect that, although I find your form of expression sort of unimaginative and cliche. Whatever...not my chest we're talking about here.

Believe me, I've used my share of profanity, and a made a bunch of other mistakes I'm not proud of. But you're literally cursing at people out of one side of your mouth, then getting all spiritual and "Christian" from the other side. That is detestable, and definitely something Christ would never do. I would much rather have a respectful conversation with an adamant Satanist than I would spend time around your 16 year old immaturity and hypocrisy.

Don't go around claiming to be a Christian if that's the type of witness you're going to be...it's just hypocritical and hateful, with absolutely no Christian love, charity, or grace. And very counter-productive for everybody involved.

One more thing. For the record, no matter how wonderful or Godly, or spiritual a cross tattoo may be, it is NOT original. It's been done way too many times for that. http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&h ... l2-7.1l8l0
F250JR
Hardcore

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:11 am

I also want to say, that this seriously made my night :D :D :D :D

as if you couldn't tell from my passionate post above haha