I need creative minds to help me fix this one!

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

charli89

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:47 am

Basically I love the tattoo, BUT I do not like the shading. The "rain/tear drop" effects, I'm okay with. The lining under the words are okay as well. The three different parts of shading is what I do not like. It's almost as if someone took a pencil and tired to erase it. I don't want to go much bigger than what it is now because my watch can cover it up. (future career purposes) I like stars, hearts, flowers (except roses), and girly things like that. I don't think any of those would really go well with this tattoo though. I want to add more color to it instead of just the black ink. Any ideas?? Image[/img][/list]
OAKPOTSMOKE
Hardcore

Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:38 am

green pot leaf is the only thing that would ever come close to working
Murv
Hardcore

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:04 am

Have a chat with your artist, see what they'd recommend.
deadmeadow88
Hardcore

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:26 am

I'd suggest a tetanus shot.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:28 am

it's way to small to add any of those things.......they will all look like blobs at that scale.......

get another tattoo somewhere on your body that has the room...........
Gloom
Hardcore

Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:12 am

i edited my last post cuz my made my comment when i was in a bad mood and realized i was being too harsh and not very constructive at all. I will ask you this though, why get a tattoo in such a visible place, and then get something small that can be hidden? Kinda defeats the whole purpose in my opinion. If you're thinking about fixing it or getting it touched up i would consider the permanence of adding to it and getting another tattoo.

Forgive my diatribe...

but for me you get a tattoo for 2 reasons, either you..

a. don't give a fuck what people are going to think and want something for yourself as a symbol, reminder, badge, cool ass image that you could care less where it goes so long as you have it on you.

or you

b. get something super visible and trendy because you want to look cool or sexy or rich or something.

now, there's neither problem with both imo. but you have to ask yourself which category you fall into, and if neither than why did you get your tattoo? and why do you want to hide it?

answer these questions and you should figure out what your next tattoo should be, or if you even want another one, or to "fix" the one you have.
Last edited by Gloom on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coregrafx
Hardcore

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 pm

It is a poorly done tattoo. Not the end of the world, most of us have them. Good thing it is small and simple. Laser removal or talk to a good artist (not the one who did that) about a minor fix. Don't do anything big or drastic especially if you are concerned over your future career. A watch will not totally cover it all the time.
TATFINK

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:04 pm

I fail to see what anyone could love about that tattoo. It sickens me to see what passes for 'art' much less tattoos these days. But then again, art is subjective...so there you go. I just don't get this trend of tattoos being nothing but text lately. IMO text belongs on paper and art belongs on canvases. Rant over.

Suggestion: Cover it with anything and live with the consequences of having a larger more visible tattoo. Either you're proud of your tattoos or you're being a poser.

Watch this for a quick lesson:http://youtu.be/1EY7lYRneHc
Gloom
Hardcore

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:20 pm

TATFINK wrote:Suggestion: Just cover it with anything and live with the consequences of a larger tattoo on a visible space. Either you're proud of your tattoos or you're being a poser.
this

co-signed
TATFINK

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Sorry for the double post.
magnumman
Hardcore

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:07 pm

TATFINK wrote:...Another thing I'll never understand is the trend of putting so much text on a body. IMO you put text on paper and art on canvas. Rant over.
I could not agree more. Except I'm sure all that text is "very meaningful" to all these people.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Anything. That tattoo/idea/execution sucks ass, but it's a bunch of nothing. If you A:)Want another, slightly larger, slightly "darker"/solid overall, bolder tattoo B:) Are willing to resarch, drive a couple hundred miles, and pay a couple hundred bucks, then you can put anything you want there. A big fuckin rose. Just some flowers or vines or something. Un-uniform shapes lend themselves to coverups very well. Or just get it removed. Thats like the "advertised special" rate removal. Theres nothing there...
kalash
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:16 am

What the fuck does it say? Is it written in internet with 9s instead of Es?
deadmeadow88
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:51 am

the pic is backwards, it says "love is evil"
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:11 pm

thats just terrible
get it lasered
and I agree with the others, quit being a poser