So I wrote a song... anyone want to listen?

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

coregrafx
Hardcore

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:36 pm

I wrote it with a guy I work with. A couple weeks ago he told me that he sings so we decided to create something. I did the guitar work and he did the vocals. Nothing amazing plus it was recorded on a cheap 8 track, but anyway here it is...

http://soundcloud.com/joeandgreg
coregrafx
Hardcore

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:21 pm

oh, and any feedback anyone cares to give would be great. It's my first song. Thanks !
Stubarber
Hardcore

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 am

Retro Southern Rock a la Guns & Roses! Not bad at all.
coregrafx
Hardcore

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 am

Stubarber wrote:Retro Southern Rock a la Guns & Roses! Not bad at all.
Works for me. Awesome, thanks so much !! :)
kalash
Hardcore

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:22 am

I dig it, cool work
fe
Hardcore

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 am

alice in chains ish. sounds good. i really like it. if i had to give one contructive critisicm... its a little static and repetative. if that makes sense. there just needs to be a little more in there somewhere to grab and hold attention of the listener. but its a GREAT start! :)
coregrafx
Hardcore

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Thanks for taking the time to listen everyone. Much appreciated. Good feedback, fe, thank you. We started working on a new song today and I kept your comments in mind. I'll try to spice things up a bit!
magnumman
Hardcore

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:39 pm

fe wrote:alice in chains ish. sounds good. i really like it. if i had to give one contructive critisicm... its a little static and repetative. if that makes sense. there just needs to be a little more in there somewhere to grab and hold attention of the listener. but its a GREAT start! :)
That's an accurate critique in my opinion as well. The sound was pretty good but I lost interest fairly quickly. Good start, though, definitely some potential there.
coregrafx
Hardcore

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:15 pm

magnumman wrote:
fe wrote:alice in chains ish. sounds good. i really like it. if i had to give one contructive critisicm... its a little static and repetative. if that makes sense. there just needs to be a little more in there somewhere to grab and hold attention of the listener. but its a GREAT start! :)
That's an accurate critique in my opinion as well. The sound was pretty good but I lost interest fairly quickly. Good start, though, definitely some potential there.
Hopefully the next one will be better. Trying to make it shorter with more dynamics. I'll post it when it is completed.
magnumman
Hardcore

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:19 pm

coregrafx wrote:
magnumman wrote:
Hopefully the next one will be better. Trying to make it shorter with more dynamics. I'll post it when it is completed.
It has nothing to do with the length, just the substance. I'm not a musician but more dynamics sounds right. I also had a hard time distinguishing between the verses and the chorus (or whatever the proper terms are) because it just seemed the same throughout, almost monotone except for the occasional guitar riffs.
coregrafx
Hardcore

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 pm

magnumman wrote:
coregrafx wrote:
magnumman wrote:
It has nothing to do with the length, just the substance. I'm not a musician but more dynamics sounds right. I also had a hard time distinguishing between the verses and the chorus (or whatever the proper terms are) because it just seemed the same throughout, almost monotone except for the occasional guitar riffs.
The verse and chorus are actually pretty similar in terms of the guitar (basically the same chords, just played differently), just how it happened to come about. Good point !
Ach3r0n
Hardcore

Fri May 04, 2012 3:20 am

The topic reminded me of In Living Color ... "Wrote a song about it. Like to hear it? Here it goes!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfzDUpB88x4[/youtube]
EvilJay
Hardcore

Fri May 04, 2012 10:19 am

Ach3r0n wrote:The topic reminded me of In Living Color ... "Wrote a song about it. Like to hear it? Here it goes!"
Fixed it, and laughed. I have all the seasons of ILC on DVD. Was like $15 for the whole set. Pretty funny stuff..
Stubarber
Hardcore

Fri May 04, 2012 10:49 am

^ :lol:
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Wed May 09, 2012 6:33 am

Just had a chance to listen to this. Definitely sounds like a Jerry Cantrell impression. Pretty good IMO. Maybe mix up the chord progression a little more on the next one and keep it all electric Drop D. Nice start. I really liked the guitar.