I hope I chose the right artist to tat me up?

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

EvilJay
Hardcore

Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:44 pm

MattCrunk wrote:Image

The words are tattoo, tattooing and tattooed. There is no such thing as "tat'n", "tatted" " or "tat me up."

Saying shit like that makes you come across as a dumbass wannabe who's trying too hard to be cool.
This..
flippiff

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:59 pm

MattCrunk wrote:Image

The words are tattoo, tattooing and tattooed. There is no such thing as "tat'n", "tatted" " or "tat me up."

Saying shit like that makes you come across as a dumbass wannabe who's trying too hard to be cool.
I have no time to argue over the net. I asked a simple question fairly everyone chimed in with some great answers but you in the other hand came here to rage over what was typed a few months back. Relax it's not the end of the world if you didn't like what was typed you should have approached it like a man, and kept it moving.
MattCrunk
Hardcore

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm trying to give you an education in the language of tattoo for your own good. Many artists will think you're stupid if you approach them that way.

It's usually real douchebag types that come in saying shit like "Who's tattin'" or "I want to get tatted up." They usually want stupid shit and don't want to pay shit for it, and usually already have a lot of crap work scattered around that you have to deal with or cover up. Sorry to stereotype, but that's been my experience in 9 out of 10.

So the minute someone says "tat me up" I usually lose all interest in dealing with them.
fe
Hardcore

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:56 pm

its just what seems to be the mainstream lingo these days and it sucks. no reason to get all huffy when someone corrects you. take it like a man and learn from it.
flippiff

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 am

:D If I would of knew back then what I know now I would have never gotten those horrible tattoos. I'm learning as the day goes by about this art I did not take any offense on what was typed.

All I want to do now is get a awesome artist to help me on my journey and it keeps getting slim by the day. I spoke to Dave about the coverup's that needed to be done, I sent him a few pic's and he decided not to go ahead with the work so I'm back to square one :(

He stated my ideas where great but he did not want to deal with my mess basically. I'm not sure who to turn too now.

Any other suggestions? Any region up north east.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:47 am

flippiff wrote::D If I would of knew back then what I know now I would have never gotten those horrible tattoos. I'm learning as the day goes by about this art I did not take any offense on what was typed.
I don't know how old you are or anything about you, but I learned along time ago, before you get all pissed at anything someone says anytime, anywhere, look at what their intentions are. Matt is a busy tattoo artist and probably doesn't jump online to get his rocks off making fun of someones terminology for no reason. As he later explained, he was trying to save you from looking like the douches he deals with everyday. Its like when people come here and get pissed cause they get told their idea sucks. If you come here and ten of ten people, who have nothing to gain by bashing your idea, and like to see people get great tattoos, tell you your idea sucks, why get pissy.. Sorry, got sidetracked. Anyway, sounds like you understand where matt was coming from.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 am

And I always tell people, if you stick it out, be cool, ask questions, and accept criticism here, you'll end up with way better tattoos. For sure..
Ach3r0n
Hardcore

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:38 am

flippiff wrote:Any other suggestions? Any region up north east.
Ach3r0n wrote:Tim Pangburn is a great choice if you can work it out. If not, in NJ you have Chris Adamek, Sean Zee, and Matthew Lukesh to name a few. Matt's website portfolio is pretty out of date so be sure to check his Facebook page for his latest stuff. He's been doing really great work. Johnny Thief's work (same shop) is solid, though it's not exceptional. He does however do a LOT of cover-ups and he's a really cool guy.
OICUR4692
Hardcore

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:34 pm

tim pangburn could cover up a pile of shit and make turn them into roses and lollipops. ive seen toxyc do some really awesome cover ups too.