Lets Talk About Medical Marijuana..

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

Bixler
Hardcore

Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:54 pm

In San Diego County over the past two years, they've been raiding/shutting down all the dispensaries just to have them re-open a couple months later. I have a good amount of friends that work at some of these spots and it's getting progressively worse. At the same time the lines are very clear about possession; and it seems that some of my buddies like to show off that pretty little card to as many cops as possible. "Oh yes officer my license and registration is in the glove box, right under that oz. of northern lights."

We're just trying to beat this glaucoma epidemic out here, pray for us.
trevcam11
Hardcore

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Decriminalization is fine with me personally. Legalization still comes with inherent problems that I don't necessarily see solutions to. Selling in mass quantities, growing/selling near schools, moving across state lines, shipping across state lines, driving under the influence. As long as I can grow a certain amount in my own home and have in my possession a certain amount and not be prosecuted, I'm happy. I don't carry pounds on me. In fact, I can never see a time when I would need more than a 1/4 on my person, unless I'm selling which goes back to a glaring issue. Legalization is, in my opinion, a long way off still. I think we need to drop the "medical" bullshit smoke screen and just decriminalize federally.
kalash
Hardcore

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Yea, when they call it medicine in CA I gag. I paid some beat down old jew doctor $60 to give me an ok, just for the hillarity of it. Dispensaries are cool and great if you dont have good street sources, however a bit pricey.
Stubarber
Hardcore

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 pm

hahahahaha :D :D

magnumman
Hardcore

Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:54 am

My state, CT, is currently in serious talks about legalizing weed. I think there's a bill and we'll see if it passes and goes forward or not.
Ach3r0n
Hardcore

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:33 am

EvilJay wrote: I to agree that most of the "Medical" part is a joke, but its the only way the movement makes any progress. I do truly believe there is allot of medical use, I just recognize that the majority of people getting "legal" aren't doing so for medical reasons.
Yep. I had a friend on Facebook who is heavily into the medical marijuana movement and yet most of her friends with prescriptions have absolutely no legitimate medical problems to justify it.

Anyway, I'm all for legalizing it and I'm all for both medical and recreational use. I don't personally smoke anymore as I need my lungs for working out, but if I had a steady supply of kind bud, I'd be happy to cook with it or invest in a vaporizer. :p I'm an angry person and need all the help I can get staying calm.
trevcam11
Hardcore

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:49 am

magnumman wrote:My state, CT, is currently in serious talks about legalizing weed. I think there's a bill and we'll see if it passes and goes forward or not.
Unfortunately, most states have something along the same lines working through the pipelines, it just has so many barriers to pass and usually gets shot down early in the process. Most states have a majority who support it but it rarely gets put on any ballot that the people can vote on. The biggest hurdle is getting it through the pipeline.
BSheep

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Acquaintances insist we're 'getting close' to having at least medicinal marijuana legalized in Illinois. I'll believe it when it happens.

And then I will immediately go see a doctor about these damn anxiety problems. :lol:
magnumman
Hardcore

Mon May 07, 2012 7:23 pm

CT is actually close to becoming a legal medical marijuana state but with some pretty tough restrictions I believe.

HARTFORD — Connecticut is poised to become the 17th state to permit the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes following a 21-13 vote in the Senate early Saturday after nearly 10 hours of often-passionate debate.

Sixteen other states and the District of Columbia have passed laws allowing for medical marijuana. But advocates say the Connecticut proposal places some of the tightest restrictions in the nation on the cultivation and use of the drug in an effort to avoid problems that have cropped up elsewhere.

"When I looked at some of the other states that took what I thought was almost a Wild, Wild West approach of allowing people to grow plants at home and the lack of oversight and regulation, I did not believe it was the right thing for Connecticut to do, to emulate those states and those versions," Senate President Pro Tem Donald Williams said.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said he intends to sign the measure, which would take effect Oct. 1. "There are thousands of people in Connecticut who will likely benefit from this legislation as they struggle with debilitating and life-threatening illnesses," the governor said in a statement issued shortly after the votes were tallied at 2:34 a.m.

"We don't want Connecticut to follow the path pursued by some other states, which essentially would legalize marijuana for anyone willing to find the right doctor and get the right prescription," he added. "In my opinion, such efforts run counter to federal law. Under this proposal, however, the Department of Consumer Protection will be able to carefully regulate and monitor the medicinal use of this drug in order to avoid the problems encountered in some other states."

To qualify for medical marijuana in Connecticut, patients would need a physician's certification that they have a debilitating medical condition, such as cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis or epilepsy.

"Someone saying, 'I've got a headache,' [isn't] going to get a medical marijuana card,'' Erik Williams, executive director of the Connecticut chapter of NORML, said Saturday. There will be "no storefront, walk-in service,'' he added. "This is medicine and it's going to be treated like that."

Williams said that Connecticut's Constitution, which does not contain a mechanism that permits citizens to force a vote on matters of public policy, made for a better bill. In other states, medical marijuana was legalized by ballot initiative; in Connecticut, it was accomplished through the legislative process.

Under the proposal, marijuana would be dispensed only by pharmacists who obtained a special license.

When Connecticut lawmakers first pondered permitting the medical use of marijuana more than a decade ago, it was primarily stoners and people from "the radical left" who favored the bill as a way to force social change on marijuana policy, said Sen. John Kissel, R-Enfield.

But as the years went by, lawmakers began hearing from medical professionals. They also heard harrowing, deeply personal stories from people coping with chronic and serious illnesses about the role that marijuana plays in their medical treatment.

Sen. Toni Boucher, who began speaking before 6 p.m. Friday and was still going strong at 2 a.m. Saturday, led the opposition. The Republican from Wilton cited studies, statistics and anecdotes during her filibuster.

Boucher, who views marijuana as a "gateway drug" that destroys lives, offered to drop her opposition if lawmakers amended the bill to limit medical marijuana use only to those facing a terminal illness. That amendment, as well as six subsequent ones, failed.
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Mon May 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Skywalker is where it's at. Jay?
green_girl
Hardcore

Tue May 08, 2012 7:47 am

The global marijuana march was last Saturday. They tried to shut Toronto down but no one cared about the city pulling the permits.

http://farmablefibres.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/soapbox/
flyangler
Hardcore

Wed May 16, 2012 10:13 am

I pay 320 an oz. for headband, purple kush, sour diesel, purple diesel, lemmon drop, chokalat, BC or Afgan. Pretty cheap IMO.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Wed May 16, 2012 3:27 pm

flyangler wrote:I pay 320 an oz. for headband, purple kush, sour diesel, purple diesel, lemmon drop, chokalat, BC or Afgan. Pretty cheap IMO.
You can get pretty much anything premium in MI for $250-$300zip. $8-900QP. I think dispenseries are still raping at like $20-25/g...
flyangler
Hardcore

Thu May 17, 2012 4:15 pm

EvilJay wrote:
flyangler wrote:I pay 320 an oz. for headband, purple kush, sour diesel, purple diesel, lemmon drop, chokalat, BC or Afgan. Pretty cheap IMO.
You can get pretty much anything premium in MI for $250-$300zip. $8-900QP. I think dispenseries are still raping at like $20-25/g...
Well shit I'm moving to MI. Everything is more expensive up here in the northeast. 320 is cheap for my area. Medical is not legalized here yet though.