FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile MPS Search Log in to check your private messages Log in
 
 
So I wrote a song... anyone want to listen?


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Anything but...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
coregrafx

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 612
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: So I wrote a song... anyone want to listen? Reply with quote

I wrote it with a guy I work with. A couple weeks ago he told me that he sings so we decided to create something. I did the guitar work and he did the vocals. Nothing amazing plus it was recorded on a cheap 8 track, but anyway here it is...

http://soundcloud.com/joeandgreg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coregrafx

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 612
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, and any feedback anyone cares to give would be great. It's my first song. Thanks !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stubarber

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2551
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retro Southern Rock a la Guns & Roses! Not bad at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coregrafx

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 612
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stubarber wrote:
Retro Southern Rock a la Guns & Roses! Not bad at all.


Works for me. Awesome, thanks so much !! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kalash

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 1313
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig it, cool work
_________________
It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fe

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Posts: 1584
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alice in chains ish. sounds good. i really like it. if i had to give one contructive critisicm... its a little static and repetative. if that makes sense. there just needs to be a little more in there somewhere to grab and hold attention of the listener. but its a GREAT start! Smile
_________________
BlacK_DahliA wrote:


FE, IF I WAS THERE, ID SCISSOR FUCK YOU SO BAD.. I LOVE THE PUSSY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coregrafx

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 612
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to listen everyone. Much appreciated. Good feedback, fe, thank you. We started working on a new song today and I kept your comments in mind. I'll try to spice things up a bit!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
magnumman

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 2664
My Tattoos (3)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fe wrote:
alice in chains ish. sounds good. i really like it. if i had to give one contructive critisicm... its a little static and repetative. if that makes sense. there just needs to be a little more in there somewhere to grab and hold attention of the listener. but its a GREAT start! Smile

That's an accurate critique in my opinion as well. The sound was pretty good but I lost interest fairly quickly. Good start, though, definitely some potential there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coregrafx

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 612
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnumman wrote:
fe wrote:
alice in chains ish. sounds good. i really like it. if i had to give one contructive critisicm... its a little static and repetative. if that makes sense. there just needs to be a little more in there somewhere to grab and hold attention of the listener. but its a GREAT start! Smile

That's an accurate critique in my opinion as well. The sound was pretty good but I lost interest fairly quickly. Good start, though, definitely some potential there.


Hopefully the next one will be better. Trying to make it shorter with more dynamics. I'll post it when it is completed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
magnumman

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 2664
My Tattoos (3)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coregrafx wrote:
magnumman wrote:
fe wrote:
alice in chains ish. sounds good. i really like it. if i had to give one contructive critisicm... its a little static and repetative. if that makes sense. there just needs to be a little more in there somewhere to grab and hold attention of the listener. but its a GREAT start! Smile

That's an accurate critique in my opinion as well. The sound was pretty good but I lost interest fairly quickly. Good start, though, definitely some potential there.


Hopefully the next one will be better. Trying to make it shorter with more dynamics. I'll post it when it is completed.

It has nothing to do with the length, just the substance. I'm not a musician but more dynamics sounds right. I also had a hard time distinguishing between the verses and the chorus (or whatever the proper terms are) because it just seemed the same throughout, almost monotone except for the occasional guitar riffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coregrafx

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 612
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnumman wrote:
coregrafx wrote:
magnumman wrote:
fe wrote:
alice in chains ish. sounds good. i really like it. if i had to give one contructive critisicm... its a little static and repetative. if that makes sense. there just needs to be a little more in there somewhere to grab and hold attention of the listener. but its a GREAT start! Smile

That's an accurate critique in my opinion as well. The sound was pretty good but I lost interest fairly quickly. Good start, though, definitely some potential there.


Hopefully the next one will be better. Trying to make it shorter with more dynamics. I'll post it when it is completed.

It has nothing to do with the length, just the substance. I'm not a musician but more dynamics sounds right. I also had a hard time distinguishing between the verses and the chorus (or whatever the proper terms are) because it just seemed the same throughout, almost monotone except for the occasional guitar riffs.


The verse and chorus are actually pretty similar in terms of the guitar (basically the same chords, just played differently), just how it happened to come about. Good point !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ach3r0n

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 496
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topic reminded me of In Living Color ... "Wrote a song about it. Like to hear it? Here it goes!"


Link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EvilJay

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 8602
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ach3r0n wrote:
The topic reminded me of In Living Color ... "Wrote a song about it. Like to hear it? Here it goes!"


Fixed it, and laughed. I have all the seasons of ILC on DVD. Was like $15 for the whole set. Pretty funny stuff..
_________________
lloydy wrote:
im going to have a scroll with her handprints, name,dob,a quote underneath held up by 2 angels ,then just making it look beutifull, as if it would be a scroll that jesus had sent, duff's flying round it and stuff,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stubarber

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2551
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JimiDanglez

Enthusiast Hardcore


Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Posts: 1335
My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a chance to listen to this. Definitely sounds like a Jerry Cantrell impression. Pretty good IMO. Maybe mix up the chord progression a little more on the next one and keep it all electric Drop D. Nice start. I really liked the guitar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Anything but... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum