Good portrait artist in Seattle area?

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

jelmo44

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:22 am

So for spring break this year my mom is taking me and my girl friend to seattle and I asked if I could get a tattoo there since my birthday is like the week after spring break, going to be 18. She said I could and I wanted to get a portrait of her on my leg, below the knee. (have been interested in tattoos for a long time and wanted my left leg for portraits of important people in my life.)

So I was wondering if any one knew of a really good black and white portrait artist in Seattle and what shop they work in?

Thanks
epoch
Hardcore

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:47 am

though ive had no work done by him personally, aaron bell of slave to the needle is supposedly one of the best in the area. Other than that, ive seen some amazing work come out of apocalypse tattoo as well. the seattle area has a lot of shops. try googling and looking around at the online portfolios.

www.slavetotheneedle.com/
www.apocalypsetattoo.com/index.php
buttwheat
Hardcore

Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:44 am

epoch wrote:though ive had no work done by him personally, aaron bell of slave to the needle is supposedly one of the best in the area. Other than that, ive seen some amazing work come out of apocalypse tattoo as well. the seattle area has a lot of shops. try googling and looking around at the online portfolios.

www.slavetotheneedle.com/
www.apocalypsetattoo.com/index.php

I'll have to agree with epoch but you will need to try to get your appt. now if you want Aaron Bell (Slave to the needle) or Benjamin Moss (Apocalypse Tattoo). Good Luck
yorvo
Hardcore

Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:30 pm

I always recommend Jim Hillary at the Seattle Tattoo Emporium. He's a good solid artist. Check out the two black and gray pieces on page two of his gallery. The Taxi Driver on the guys arm is sick.

http://www.tattooemporiums.com/artists/ ... jimmy.html

http://www.tattooemporiums.com/