sick tattoo artists around the bay area?

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

yodaddynukka
Hardcore

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:13 am

beuneek wrote:I don't know why I hadn't thought of this, but if you want dragon and you want old school. Pinky Yun @ Dragon Tattoo. His work isn't what it used to be, but it'd be a Pinky tattoo. 8)

oh shit, pinky is old school. i have many a friends who got dragons from him.
og96816

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:20 am

nobodies heard of cruz creations? ariel cruz, owner, looks like he does some sick work. as for state of grace, horitomo looks impressive. i might check her out and get some work done by them.
beuneek
Hardcore

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:00 am

yodaddynukka wrote:
beuneek wrote:I don't know why I hadn't thought of this, but if you want dragon and you want old school. Pinky Yun @ Dragon Tattoo. His work isn't what it used to be, but it'd be a Pinky tattoo. 8)

oh shit, pinky is old school. i have many a friends who got dragons from him.
It's amazing to see Pinky draw on someone. He grabs and ink cup and a toothpick and just goes at it.

One day my buddy called me up and said, "I want to go get a dragon tattoo." We run on asian time, so an hour or two later we meet up and I asked him if he'd called the artist who'd done his kanji (this was his cousin's artist @ Red Demon Tattoo, San Jose) but the guy was booked till the following weekend.

So I tell him, "Well... If you really want a dragon, I can only think of one person. He's hella old school from back in the day, and he's pretty old now." My buddy responds with, "Get me the number." 10 minutes later we're driving to San Jose and later that evening he leaves Dragon Tattoo with what you see pictured below.

The lines aren't perfect, but if you start chatting with a tattoo artist and he sees your dragon tattoo he'll look at you and say "Yep, that's a Pinky tattoo." Guaranteed.
Last edited by beuneek on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
beuneek
Hardcore

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:06 am

og96816 wrote:nobodies heard of cruz creations? ariel cruz, owner, looks like he does some sick work. as for state of grace, horitomo looks impressive. i might check her out and get some work done by them.
His work looks alright, personally I'd still go check out State of Grace. I don't know how long you've been into tattoos, but to be apprenticed by Horiyoshi III is not an easy thing to get into.

P.s. Horitomo is a guy. Horiyuki aka Jill Bonny is the chick.
Tattude
Hardcore

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:35 am

Damn, I have to go to Sunnyvale all the time due to work. I'm always going to the base and hotel though. Well, the great steakhouses around the area too but never checked out any local shops.
Beautiful area!!!!
og96816

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:36 pm

beuneek wrote:
og96816 wrote:nobodies heard of cruz creations? ariel cruz, owner, looks like he does some sick work. as for state of grace, horitomo looks impressive. i might check her out and get some work done by them.
His work looks alright, personally I'd still go check out State of Grace. I don't know how long you've been into tattoos, but to be apprenticed by Horiyoshi III is not an easy thing to get into.

P.s. Horitomo is a guy. Horiyuki aka Jill Bonny is the chick.
yeah im definately gonna check them out in the next week or so. Do they have waiting lists?
Sphenoid
Hardcore

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Backdoor tattoos in Sacto