celtic symbol for brother

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

leprakkon

Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:45 am

i have been searching for a celtic/irish symbol for "brother" or "brotherhood," but i can only find the symbol for sisterhood. it leads me to believe there is a symbol for brotherhood, but i need help. any suggestions?

thanks,
sean
buttwheat
Hardcore

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:02 am

I think its an arrow
leprakkon

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:43 am

thanks for the input, guys.

is there a smaller, maybe less intricate design? i was thinking of getting this on the inside of my wrist.
sadie703
Hardcore

Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:10 am

dude, u shouldnt be that picky, i usually dont help ppl like you

took me 2 min to find those..

and if u want to get the symbol for brotherhood, then u would have to get the whole thing for it to mean anything.
Aivanne
Hardcore

Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:57 am

leprakkon wrote:thanks for the input, guys.

is there a smaller, maybe less intricate design? i was thinking of getting this on the inside of my wrist.
celtic designs are intricate by nature.
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:09 am

Turn it longways. It will fit.
leprakkon

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:57 am

Aivanne wrote:celtic designs are intricate by nature.

i realize celtic knots are intricate. i was curious if anyone knew of a symbol for brother or brotherhood that was less complex than the knots sadie703 suggested (one of which is just a logo for a celtic brotherhood in prague).

i found the symbol for sisterhood, as i mentioned earlier, and it is quite simple:
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:q8v ... dmF_ph.jpg

i don't want to get one so small, but you can see what i mean.

anyway, thanks to everyone for their help. if anyone has additional suggestions, please share.
Motokid
Hardcore

Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:41 pm

My only additional suggestion is that you don't tattoo your wrist.

Bad place. Could come back to haunt you pretty easily.

Think different placement.
sadie703
Hardcore

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:20 pm

leprakkon wrote:what do you mean people like me?

you don't like to help fellow tattoo collectors find what they are looking for, so that they don't get something they'd regret?
got that pm

and by "people like you" i mean the lazy ones who ask for help .. when all it took was a minute to find what you were looking for. then they come back and say well i dont like it. i wanna do it this way and completely disregard the history behind the tattoo..

*shrug* your skin .. do whatever you want
yorvo
Hardcore

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:27 pm

leprakkon wrote:i found the symbol for sisterhood, as i mentioned earlier, and it is quite simple....
Because sisterhood is simple.
spideytat
Hardcore

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:08 am

sadie703 wrote:

you don't like to help fellow tattoo collectors find what they are looking for, so that they don't get something they'd regret?
got that pm

and by "people like you" i mean the lazy ones who ask for help .. when all it took was a minute to find what you were looking for. then they come back and say well i dont like it. i wanna do it this way and completely disregard the history behind the tattoo..

these noob retards are all the same where are all the intellegent ones out that have thick enough skin to surrvive in the jungle that is everytattoo.com :P
cuptow555

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:44 am

sadie703 wrote:

got that pm

:blob7: Thank you! That man's a fucking moron.

SERIOUSLY How can you ask for the Celtic symbol for brotherhood (Which you could have EASILY found yourself by going to GOOGLE) then when someone was nice enough to post a picture for you... you say "I dont like that one" and say you want a smaller less intricate design?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?! YOU EITHER LIKE THE SYMBOL OR DON'T!!! If you want something else... then it won't mean brotherhood MORON!!! SERIOUSLY! WTF?!

Shit pisses me the fuck off :banghead:
Aivanne
Hardcore

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:19 pm

cuptow555 wrote:
Shit pisses me the fuck off :banghead:
try to work in a street shop in the ghetto....
leprakkon

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:23 pm

in my defense, i did search google, and i found many symbols that didn't mean brotherhood (those that i found that did not mean brotherhood include the pics that sadie703 tried tell me were the symbol for brotherhood). after searching for the internet for quite a while, unsuccessfully, i decided to try another route: everytattoo.com

i resent the fact that you (i.e., sadie703, spideytat, and cuptow555) got so upset with me for trying to discover a design that i love before i have it inked it on my body. moreover, it's hypocritical for you to tell me that i don't respect the history and true meaning of the symbol and then send me pictures of celtic knots that do not even represent what you claim they do.

further, it is sad that you would rather belittle or antagonize a fellow tattoo collector than offer help (and by 'help' i don't mean sending links to pictures that are not what i asked for).

i suppose it is easy to act tough and assertive when you are on an online forum with virtual anonymity and no accountability for your actions.