Thai Traditional Artist

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

BadTaste
Verified

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:19 am

Look clearly my first post offended you, we have alot of spammers come in here who's posts are very similar to your's ( you have to admit that was a bit of a sales pitch) And we don't really tolerate that around here. Second I'm very passionate about my job and people tattooing at home with little or no training is generally very frowned upon. You say you've been around tattooists for a long time but it your around people that haven't had the right education (as you have now admitted to my BOYFRIEND, that Sorn has not) then all you can know about sterilization is what they do, which it seems is not much.

the fact that the handle is not touching the skin directly doesn't matter, cross contamination happens when you touch something dirty (like blood, and yes there is blood in the excess ink, weather you can see it or not. Broken skin = blood) touch an object (like the wooden handle) then later touch that same item again (say with new clean gloves) then tattoo your next client with said glove/handle etc.. thats the basic version but you see where i'm going right? my point is without autoclavable tools, barriers on everything he's touching during the procedure, and wipeable surfaces (with said barriers) All the being "slow and careful" in the world doesn't mean too much.

Also your right about machine causing scarring..in the wrong hands! thats not to say that hand poking doesn't cause scarring, if it's done by the wrong person in the wrong way it most certainly would as well. if anything traditional tattooing is often more invasive than machines. it all depends who's wielding either one.

What Antler mentioned about HIV and hepatitis is certainly not paranoia and shouldn't be taken lightly. Sorn tattoos a lot of tourists and blood born diseases are frighteningly common now days. That was my main concern with him cutting his gloves, it really defeats the purpose of wearing them, they are more for his protection than anything else so I beg you if you take nothing else away with you from this, you ask him to please discontinue that particular practice. There must be a safer way to achieve the same effect.

I also suggest you read the after care sticky on this forum, healing tattoos in the right way can make a huge difference.

As for what inks to buy and other technical info, We are not allowed to share that information outside of the artists forum. I'm sure you'll be able to find the info you need without too much trouble.
Sorn

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:11 am

BadTaste wrote:Ever heard of cross contamination? Blood born pathogens? I'm not Implying that he could be giving his customers something by not wearing gloves (though he very well could be, hand washing only does so much) But that he's putting himself at a huge risk, what if the guy he's working on has Hep and doesn't know it?!

Firstly Sorn is left handed, there is minimal contact with the skin by the back of the right middle finger. No blood leaks from the skin anyway. Crossing the road is also dangerous.

I have huge respect for Horiyoshi III who also tattoo's with a "stick" as you put it.

Call it what you want or give it some fancy name, it is basically a stick.

he doesn't feel the need to cut his gloves. How does he sterilize?

Different country different art form, alcohol and fire.

the handles of his instruments are wooden, wood is porous, hard if not impossible to properly clean and absorbs everything that touches it.

Not if sanded and painted with oil based lacquer.

It cannot be autoclaved. Even if he uses new needles for every client the handle can never be properly cleaned, thus cross contamination occurs.

Only if instrument is left uncleaned. The handle can be cleaned down in alcohol or cleaned in boiling water. If we caught air born pathogens or viruses that easily we would all be dead. This guy uses very simple but very effective cleaning methods.

He's using childrens paint pallets for ink caps, how were they cleaned?

Cost peanuts, used new every job, can be cleaned with alcohol or boiling water anyway

are they disposable? he thinks "MOMS" is good, it's absolute rubbish.

Well how about telling me what is good ink!! I bought him starbrite ink, I got 3 bottles of Moms I didn't order but got anyway. My profile says enthusiast, how about some constructive advice ballbreaker. LOL

He doesn't use ANY barriers! thats cross contamination again, how can he possibly keep his environment clean when nothings covered? he's using cushions and his bed as his work surface! nothing soaks up blood better than cotton.

First the tattoo or tattooed area never make contact with the surrounding area, secondly there is no bloody blood!! You obviously have never seen this style of tattooing done. There is no blood, only the needles touch blood. It doesn't leak out of the skin, look at the photos, where is all the blood???? I've had minor surgery many many times, I have some medical and anatomy training, I have run a restaurant for over 20 years. I've got certificates in food safety and first aide. You must have either done a certificate in hygiene and swallowed the book or work for the local council.

He says you can swim 5 mins after a tattoo if you put vaseline on it! thats terrible advise, you shouldn't be soaking your tattoo till its well healed,

Again there is little or no damage to the skin, hence no healing required, no scabs, no creams needed, no nothing. No pain at all after it is finished. You don't even need to cover it. I gave up even using anything except olive oil to take of the top layer that sheds after a week. You have never seen this style of tattooing it seems, we are not talking about the Maori way of hammering it in. That Jap guy Hiroshi is savage compared to Sorn, we watched him online. I dunno what he charges but I heard it is heaps. Sorn will do you similar work for a fraction of the cost. It is very nimble pin pricks. Very very slow. That Indian girl on the first page with the tattoo of the pink floyd album picture sat for 8 hours straight to finish that tattoo. It cost about $350 dollars but both her and her boyfriend were stoked. She had been looking for an artist for a long time and chose Sorn

not to mention the fact that vaseline helps the burning process in the sun, no wonder all his healed work looks so faded.

Who said anything about going out in the Sun!! What do you think, people are stupid, get a tattoo, oil it up and go out in the sun to fry it it in the hot Thai sun. I came here to learn. I'm trying to help a poor mate trying to graft a living. His work is faded?? Where?? maybe my lousy camera work more likely in the bright Thai sun. What is faded?

I'll admit freely that as far as hand poked work goes his is pretty damn clean, especially his lines, but it's flash and stuff printed off the net,

So what, not everyone is looking for a Van Gogh original, Sorn will draw you up whatever you like, he claims he is no artist but he does some fantastic freehand. Most Thais want their Kon, Hanuman or dragon and other Asian stuff. He'll do basically whatever you want. I downloaded Miami ink off the net after someone told me about it being a tattoo show. I cannot say I am that impressed with what I've seen, I mean one guy sold his car to fund his tattoo!! I basically know little about the history or styles of tattoo, I do however have a fair eye for art LOL

things like butterfly tramp stamps and jesus portraits will always look better done with machine,

Tramp stamp, I love that!! Not myself, but a lot of older guys don't seem to like the really clean lines you get on modern tattooing, I only know what I hear, one mate on Sorns website went to art school as did his brother 30 years ago. He is the guy with the silly hat on the first page. He left the city to live with the Aborigines in the desert for 6 years to kick heroin. His brother is a working artist and they both love Sorn and treat him with great respect.

And yes i'm from New Zealand, thats the very reason I made the earlier comment about talking up "traditional" work in my first post. We have a huge problem with Hep C here mainly among the pacific island communities because of their "traditional tattooing" they get done in unsafe environments in their homes, with no understanding of the danger.

I am not going to comment on this as I don't know. I'll take you word with it and I understand your concerns.

I may have only been tattooing for 2.5 years but I've been around the industry alot longer than that, traveled and worked in a bunch of different shops with alot of different techniques and styles and learned as much as I could along the way. I have alot to learn, and a long way to go and i can appreciate that. but one thing i do know for sure is that I'd never feel safe getting a tattoo from your friend Sorn.
Your just a kid so I hold no animosity towards you, I will leave you with the following quote. "Advice is like snow, the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind"

Lets start again, what is your favourite ink? What are the ones to avoid, there is more confusion about this than anything for me. I find tattooing a very fascinating subject actually LOL
:lol:
super_sam
Hardcore

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:24 pm

Sorn wrote:
super_sam wrote:They also eat rotten half-hatched duck eggs in thailand... No one ever said you fuckers were bright..
That's the Philippines Einstein!
Eh.. Same difference.. Greasy fuck.
Sphenoid
Hardcore

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Sorn wrote:
BadTaste wrote:Ever heard of cross contamination? Blood born pathogens? I'm not Implying that he could be giving his customers something by not wearing gloves (though he very well could be, hand washing only does so much) But that he's putting himself at a huge risk, what if the guy he's working on has Hep and doesn't know it?!

Firstly Sorn is left handed, there is minimal contact with the skin by the back of the right middle finger. No blood leaks from the skin anyway. Crossing the road is also dangerous.

I have huge respect for Horiyoshi III who also tattoo's with a "stick" as you put it.

Call it what you want or give it some fancy name, it is basically a stick.

he doesn't feel the need to cut his gloves. How does he sterilize?

Different country different art form, alcohol and fire.

the handles of his instruments are wooden, wood is porous, hard if not impossible to properly clean and absorbs everything that touches it.

Not if sanded and painted with oil based lacquer.

It cannot be autoclaved. Even if he uses new needles for every client the handle can never be properly cleaned, thus cross contamination occurs.

Only if instrument is left uncleaned. The handle can be cleaned down in alcohol or cleaned in boiling water. If we caught air born pathogens or viruses that easily we would all be dead. This guy uses very simple but very effective cleaning methods.

He's using childrens paint pallets for ink caps, how were they cleaned?

Cost peanuts, used new every job, can be cleaned with alcohol or boiling water anyway

are they disposable? he thinks "MOMS" is good, it's absolute rubbish.

Well how about telling me what is good ink!! I bought him starbrite ink, I got 3 bottles of Moms I didn't order but got anyway. My profile says enthusiast, how about some constructive advice ballbreaker. LOL

He doesn't use ANY barriers! thats cross contamination again, how can he possibly keep his environment clean when nothings covered? he's using cushions and his bed as his work surface! nothing soaks up blood better than cotton.

First the tattoo or tattooed area never make contact with the surrounding area, secondly there is no bloody blood!! You obviously have never seen this style of tattooing done. There is no blood, only the needles touch blood. It doesn't leak out of the skin, look at the photos, where is all the blood???? I've had minor surgery many many times, I have some medical and anatomy training, I have run a restaurant for over 20 years. I've got certificates in food safety and first aide. You must have either done a certificate in hygiene and swallowed the book or work for the local council.

He says you can swim 5 mins after a tattoo if you put vaseline on it! thats terrible advise, you shouldn't be soaking your tattoo till its well healed,

Again there is little or no damage to the skin, hence no healing required, no scabs, no creams needed, no nothing. No pain at all after it is finished. You don't even need to cover it. I gave up even using anything except olive oil to take of the top layer that sheds after a week. You have never seen this style of tattooing it seems, we are not talking about the Maori way of hammering it in. That Jap guy Hiroshi is savage compared to Sorn, we watched him online. I dunno what he charges but I heard it is heaps. Sorn will do you similar work for a fraction of the cost. It is very nimble pin pricks. Very very slow. That Indian girl on the first page with the tattoo of the pink floyd album picture sat for 8 hours straight to finish that tattoo. It cost about $350 dollars but both her and her boyfriend were stoked. She had been looking for an artist for a long time and chose Sorn

not to mention the fact that vaseline helps the burning process in the sun, no wonder all his healed work looks so faded.

Who said anything about going out in the Sun!! What do you think, people are stupid, get a tattoo, oil it up and go out in the sun to fry it it in the hot Thai sun. I came here to learn. I'm trying to help a poor mate trying to graft a living. His work is faded?? Where?? maybe my lousy camera work more likely in the bright Thai sun. What is faded?

I'll admit freely that as far as hand poked work goes his is pretty damn clean, especially his lines, but it's flash and stuff printed off the net,

So what, not everyone is looking for a Van Gogh original, Sorn will draw you up whatever you like, he claims he is no artist but he does some fantastic freehand. Most Thais want their Kon, Hanuman or dragon and other Asian stuff. He'll do basically whatever you want. I downloaded Miami ink off the net after someone told me about it being a tattoo show. I cannot say I am that impressed with what I've seen, I mean one guy sold his car to fund his tattoo!! I basically know little about the history or styles of tattoo, I do however have a fair eye for art LOL

things like butterfly tramp stamps and jesus portraits will always look better done with machine,

Tramp stamp, I love that!! Not myself, but a lot of older guys don't seem to like the really clean lines you get on modern tattooing, I only know what I hear, one mate on Sorns website went to art school as did his brother 30 years ago. He is the guy with the silly hat on the first page. He left the city to live with the Aborigines in the desert for 6 years to kick heroin. His brother is a working artist and they both love Sorn and treat him with great respect.

And yes i'm from New Zealand, thats the very reason I made the earlier comment about talking up "traditional" work in my first post. We have a huge problem with Hep C here mainly among the pacific island communities because of their "traditional tattooing" they get done in unsafe environments in their homes, with no understanding of the danger.

I am not going to comment on this as I don't know. I'll take you word with it and I understand your concerns.

I may have only been tattooing for 2.5 years but I've been around the industry alot longer than that, traveled and worked in a bunch of different shops with alot of different techniques and styles and learned as much as I could along the way. I have alot to learn, and a long way to go and i can appreciate that. but one thing i do know for sure is that I'd never feel safe getting a tattoo from your friend Sorn.
Your just a kid so I hold no animosity towards you, I will leave you with the following quote. "Advice is like snow, the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind"

Lets start again, what is your favourite ink? What are the ones to avoid, there is more confusion about this than anything for me. I find tattooing a very fascinating subject actually LOL
:lol:
Haha, wow.

You really don't know what you are talking about, all your self defense and bitching only dig you deeper. Boiling, alcohol, and fire are not sufficient forms of sterilization. PERIOD. I wouldn't even shake the guys hand.

We've already told you that we do not share any tattooing technical info on this site, so stop asking.
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:05 am

Sorn -

BadTaste is an amazing artist who knows her shit, and you'd do well to pay some mind to her posts and treat her with respect. If you're not interested in the information and advice given to you, fuck off. You're not welcome here, or in any forum where anybody has worthwhile advice. Otherwise, sit back, read these posts and swallow it despite your ego.
dan_T_jones
Hardcore

Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:32 am

super_sam wrote:
Sorn wrote:
super_sam wrote:They also eat rotten half-hatched duck eggs in thailand... No one ever said you fuckers were bright..
That's the Philippines Einstein!
Eh.. Same difference.. Greasy fuck.
That's like saying Mexicans are the same as Americans

And seriously that Sorn guy is bad news. In one pic he's tattooing a guy lying on his hotel a bed? A hotel bed in Thailand?! I wouldn't even sleep on one let alone let someone pierce my skin over and over again. Bad Taste just said what needed to be said, and that's that your friend needs to stop tattooing NOW before he really injures someone.
Sorn

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:20 am

Well lets see, you tell me to sit back and listen to the replies and learn.

First we have a girl probably five minutes out of art school ranting and raving about hygiene and completely condemning my friend even though she has probably never seen his style of work, never been to his country and has no real idea of the methods he uses. But I'm ignorant?

Next we have some total dickhead making racist remarks and offering no input.

I don't care if someone is fucking Rembrandt incarnate, it doesn't give you the right to talk down in such a condescending manner to anyone. Especially when you've lived 5 minutes. At least the Maori guy took 5 minutes to offer some advice.

Then you tell me to fuck off, again no advice, Just carping and racist comments about the state of Thai beds. Perhaps you should list your years in Thailand and diseases caught before putting on the Nazi uniform Adolf.

I was going to write how he does actually use barriers and his instrument is actually sealed and cleaned for each customer with this special plastic type of binding which is quite ingenious as it is a detachable sword and scabbard type of tool with only the very last few mm of the needles uncovered. What I term alcohol is the common mixture used by all tatt shops and piercing places, it's a mixture of a few sterilizing agents . I am not up on all this trendy tatt lingo sorry.

I cut this from Wikipedia and this was a common way of cleaning things when I was a kid and on duty in the army out in the bush.

Flaming is done to loops and straight-wires in microbiology labs. Leaving the loop in the flame of a Bunsen burner or alcohol lamp until it glows red ensures that any infectious agent gets inactivated.

"A variation on flaming is to dip the object in 70% ethanol (or a higher concentration) and merely touch the object briefly to the Bunsen burner flame, but not hold it in the gas flame. The ethanol will ignite and burn off in a few seconds. 70% ethanol kills many, but not all, bacteria and viruses. The stuff he uses in his flaming is similar to medicide and something similar like cetrimide like the Doctors use is used to wash up. Unlike in the west you can buy anything over the counter at the pharmacy. Basically hospital supply stuff. Look at all the people he does on his site, do they look like a bunch of fools??? I know my germ killers but don't bother with the fancy names. Like his stick is hardwood not bamboo, others just call it bamboo stick tattooing like a generic name.

Boiling in water for fifteen minutes will kill most vegetative bacteria and viruses, but boiling is ineffective against prions and many bacterial and fungal spores; therefore boiling is unsuitable for sterilization. However, since boiling does kill most vegetative microbes and viruses, it is useful for reducing viable levels if no better method is available."

The key here is "What is available." Sorn uses what Dr's used in the west not that long ago. I remember getting a VD check as a teenager when being sent overseas, the Dr basically heated a piece of wire over a Bunsen burner after dipping it in a solution. He then proceeded to reem it up the whole length of my old fella. My grandma used to be a midwife after the war, all they had was boiling water and maybe a clean towel. I used to be a soldier and was with some Thai special forces soldiers near the Cambodian border when one got his leg blown clean off just below the knee. These Thai soldiers heated their knives and trimmed the wound then sealed it by basically burning it closed. You do what you gotta do at the time with what you've got to get the job done and a life saved. Older guys told me tales from Vietnam about cleaning guys up that were just ingenious given what they had. I mean one guy was transfused with coconut milk as they had no blood. Kept him alive.......

I mean it is great to pontificate from your ivory tower but this guy has to eat. He has to take care of his elderly mother, put his younger brother through school and this guy says he would not shake his hand!!

One tip to the smart arse who puts up the SS logo and makes racist remarks. If you want to be a bigot do it like most from behind a sheet, don't put your photo online. You may regret it.......
Sorn

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:31 am

umm, just by chance is this forum somehow related to a Church or some Evangelical Christian group??

If it is, you forgot the part about "judge not, lest thee be judged"
super_sam
Hardcore

Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:00 am

My picture IS online.. Come get me boogey man!!!! And since when is being a greasy bastard a racist comment?? Anyone can be a greasy bastard.. Its Equal Opportunity... like being a douchebag..

I doubt highly that thailands medical/sterilization methods are up to par with "the wests". Oh wait, we don't set the standard do we.? Thailand does, thats right... Now I remember...

You are a dickhead to people who are respected here for both their talent, and their character. I dont give a shit about your fucking lousy tattoo artist or his shit-smearing, hepititis spreading, greasy dirty filthy fucking methods of marking people up on a fucking low rent motel bed... You dont honestly see a problem with that???

And we in "the west" gave up shoving wires up our cocks years ago, we use swabs that are throw away. How many cocks can you shove a wire in before its worn out? I can buy a 10# roll of the shit where I live for like 7$.. but Q-tips are even cheaper....

Now, how is this different from what you said about the resident artist in this forum who "is a kid...has probably only been out of art school a couple of years...blah blah blah.."???

I didn't say anything racist did I? I just think you're an ignorant asshole, I dont care what fucking color you are..
Sphenoid
Hardcore

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:34 pm

Sorn wrote:
I mean it is great to pontificate from your ivory tower but this guy has to eat. He has to take care of his elderly mother, put his younger brother through school and this guy says he would not shake his hand!!
Nope, I absolutely would not shake his hand. He has a high chance of being contaminated by tourists, which means disease buffet from around the world. Thanks but no thanks.

Right on. I'm going to go rob and kill people for a living now, especially since your defense is that he has family to take care of. Fuck the health of the general public, his mom has to eat! Which means it's okay to keep doing it.
Live4him
Hardcore

Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:36 pm

You talk about how things used to be in the west, yes they used to be bad, now however we have the technology to do more. Not using the technology we have available when tattooing is endangering his clients.

If I needed to go to a doctor. Why would I go to a doctor working out of a hut who uses things we used 50+ years ago, when I could be going to a professional who uses the latest equipment to ensure my safety?

"However, since boiling does kill most vegetative microbes and viruses, it is useful for reducing viable levels if no better method is available" Thats one of the key phrases in your quote. There are better methods available, tattoo artists here use them, your buddy's ignorance in not using better methods is hurting his customers.

Again, you should show some respect for Badtaste. She put in her time to get where she is and she sure as hell knows what she's talking about.

You talk about barriers but I don't see any barriers in those pictures.
Sorn

Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:15 am

You talk about how things used to be in the west, yes they used to be bad, now however we have the technology to do more. Not using the technology we have available when tattooing is endangering his clients.

I'll answer this as at least you are not making stupid insulting accusations. Yes, in the perfect world we would all like to see high standards in everything but it is one thing to talk about methods and it is another to rant and call someone a "shit spreading, hepatitis riddled form of low life. First there is the inference my friend himself is unclean, then people assume there is a queue outside his mud hut waiting to to be infected by some rampant virus.

Most people who get a tattoo from him come by word of mouth, 99.99% of foreigners watch him do someone else before they commit. He might do 1 or maybe 2 people a week tops. His preparation takes time and he is very careful how he prepares his tool of trade.

See I too used to think I knew it all at 22 as well, then I left home and traveled, saw a lot of things that both shocked and interested me. At 28 I had a catharsis, especially in terms of violence and the negative way I felt about it. I had done martial arts and was trained in that old "no pain, no gain" way. After that I started to become very interested in healing arts after seeing them in Asian. I studied Ayurveda and it's sister science Jyotish after meeting an old Sri Lankan guy who taught me all about Hinduism. He was a man of great contrast, devoted family man and Hindu but strong supporter of the Tamil Tigers. LOL

I was going to post on the tradition of Yantra and the real meaning of it handed down. Boy that would of been a waste of time. It is a very interesting subject, simply the theory behind it. I have a large library of esoterical books on everything from hermetic magic to modern sports training and medicine. It's extremely disappointing when you try to enter into a discussion and people make stupid, uneducated and bigoted remarks. I mean the Filipinos do eat half formed duck embryos. The Aussie Aborigine eat things most young people would freak out about. We think we live in some form of superior culture because we are advanced materially. The day might com soon when people realize you cannot eat an ipod.

That kiwi girl is obviously talented, very talented but you must be careful not to just bag other ways of doing things as one day you might be grateful someone is around with a bit of old time first aide. I remember in Thailand one night a tourist was badly hurt in a motorbike accident and his leg was seriously gouged by the back foot peg or whatever. He was lying on the road and bleeding and screaming. The Thais were trying to help but one poor misguided guy leaped in saying "I am an Australian Federal Police officer" nobody is to touch the guy until the ambulance arrives. I tapped him on the shoulder and said um bud there is no ambulance coming, you either let these people patch him up and take him to hospital or he is going to lose that leg. Another time I was stung by a box jelly fish, I thought I had been hit by lightning and was screaming in agony by the beach. The locals suspected straight away as they were using the Thai word for jellyfish, they made some fresh herbs from a plant growing nearby and smeared it all over my back. I was a fit and strong 23 year old but I thought I was going to die. I wish I could impart just a fraction of this pain on that smart arse with his SS logo. After the pain it was burning, for days like I'd been burnt. They cut up cold fresh cucumber to cool me down and made me drank kratom leave tea to reduce heat. I had a friend who was a Dr who came to work in Thailand. She too was very judgmental but boy did she change. she said she was just amazed how good some of the old time Doctors were at tropical medicine. She left a changed woman.

I also got smashed up real bad in about '85 and lost some serious bark on the knees, shoulders and hands. I went to the hospital daily for medication, clean bandages and all western medicine could provide. Shit the wounds would just not heal and kept breaking open. I went to a Buddhist temple and the monks gave me a bottle of herbal balm. this stuff was nothing short of miraculous and if I was actually smart I would have patented it and retired a rich man by now.

See it is very dangerous to see things from only one angle and I have found, if you do reality will one day come knocking to show you it's not all black and white. I do have western first aide and sports science training but I also have great respect for other ways of doing and seeing things. The younger generation would not be here otherwise LOL.

If I needed to go to a doctor. Why would I go to a doctor working out of a hut who uses things we used 50+ years ago, when I could be going to a professional who uses the latest equipment to ensure my safety?

In the perfect world yes, of course. In the west we went through centuries of disease, alcoholism, war and division to get where we are now. Honestly we have had 20 really good years of prosperity and growth, the people in their early 20's have never seen war or famine.
Shit my dear old dad told during the war he lived on only turnips because that was all he had to eat. My Irish neighbor came home during the war to find his whole family dead from a bomb so it may explain my unhappiness when I see fools thinking it is cool to use Nazi symbols. I often feel like making a T-shirt of the world Trade center plane attacks with an airline logo or catch phrase to turn it around and show people just how unfunny bigoted murderers are.

"However, since boiling does kill most vegetative microbes and viruses, it is useful for reducing viable levels if no better method is available" Thats one of the key phrases in your quote. There are better methods available, tattoo artists here use them, your buddy's ignorance in not using better methods is hurting his customers.

Indeed, that's what I have patiently been trying to do with him, educate him, train him and lift his standards. He has come a long way quickly. I have had some very good and positive advice from the guy I sourced the starbrite ink from. He is an old timer with 40 years experience and he is very good in offering hints. He didn't freak out or resort to school teacher type lecturing, just told me what he thought. See I have been fascinated by body art ever since I lived with some Maoris back in the early 80's. They all had tribal tattoos, even around the eyes. I'd seen hand poked stuff on Japanese, Thais, Khmers and other Asians. Tattooing had leaped ahead in the last 10 years, virtually gone from something only crims or other hard cases had done to being nearly mainstream. The standard of Tattooing and artwork is amazing compared to what was around 40 years ago when I was young. I was always just a fascinated observer, even in the military the US regiments all seem to have a emblem they get tattooed. I never found this as it is easy enough to be stereotyped as it is. I mean I dunno how many times I've been asked if I was with the IRA or served in Vietnam. I am not that bloody old I say, maybe look it though as I have a few war wounds LOL.

Again, you should show some respect for Badtaste. She put in her time to get where she is and she sure as hell knows what she's talking about.

Sure, But she lept out of the blocks very hard against me and her post was a bit negative. See in Australia we tend to see a few New Zealanders who always know it all, always lecturing us on how well they do everything etc, however it's often a bit of a soap bubble, all show but no go. I mean look at their rugby team, nice hakka but always second. Cricket well that's another sad story. Sorry only taking the piss now LOL

Seriously, she is lucky she has access to an art school, autoclaves and even electricity to use them. Sorn doesn't actually claim to be an artist, he just picked this up as a hobby and it has evolved from there. She herself had to have started somewhere. What I find disappointing as well is there has not been even one comment about his artistic ability or potential. Just snide almost pathetic childlike remarks tinged with racism

You talk about barriers but I don't see any barriers in those pictures.

I'm going to take them down as most of them are taken either on a break or posed so people can see photos as the job is under construction.
I wonder how many of the knockers could sit patiently and do this standard of art anyway. Old "Son of Sam" or whatever his name is should put up his art portfolio for us to see.

As this will be my last post (I'm obviously in the wrong place) I just want to say a few words to the guy who called my friend a "shit spreader etc"
Firstly I spoke with a younger Jewish friend last night about what he thought about dickheads using Nazi symbols and such thinking they are, cool or whatever. I was rather impressed with his answer. Most of the people who do this are just immature and ignorant, if we came around and murdered their family because of their faith only maybe then would they know how we feel about the SS. He said his father who fled Egypt after the war would take serious issue and maybe even steps against a serial offender.

See I can accept bad language and even juvenile uneducated slurs. This guy by his profile is in his 30's and I would have thought he would have grown up by now. He want to come down to Australia and try his warped sense of bigotry in a bar full of Maoris and Tongans. Tell a Tongan he comes from a shit spreading, third world backwater and see how long you stay vertical for.

Anyway it's Christmas and he's probably out burning a cross, can some more computer savvy person delete me from this forum please.

Good luck with your endeavors and keep you minds open.
super_sam
Hardcore

Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:47 am

Up yours motherfucker...

I wasn't the one who started being a douchebag by talking down to the regulars in here, you were. Remember?

Get the fuck out and stay out.. You and your jewish friend. What a fucking idiot... Russians were far more savage bastards than the SS ever dreamed of being. But you being so educated, and worldly would probably already know that. Right?

Did the SS burn crosses? I'm guessing that was a thing that happened in the east, and not the west? Or is that the KKK you stupid fuck?

Inflict your pain on me, bestow upon me your wisdom, shower me with insults, and bore me to fucking tears with your stories, and so called facts/medical know-how... Just don't try and drag me back into the third world "way of doing things"

Tell me, did they invent the internet in Thailand so your theiving, scamming, low-life third world asses could sell non-existant merchandise on E-bay in an effort to bring thailand out of the stone ages financially? Or was that just something you stole from russia, and china? Sell me some cheap imposter Nike's motherfucker, or get out.

The SS bolts, and the upside down american flag represent similar things. They're upsetting to a small group of people, and are used for shock value. If you can read, pick up some books on the SS jager divisions that fought in Finland, and Norway. (northern front) If you'd like to hear how real soldiers behaved.... That or just assume it was a sign of ignorance, and being uneducated.

You fuckheads think americans are bigoted... Man, you said yourself that you know the sterilzation practices are not "kosher" but you feel like you still have a valid point to argue...

Merry Christmas....
BadTaste
Verified

Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:57 am

Wait so I was talking down to you because your Australian now? Amazing since I didn't even
know that till just then. I couldn't care less about rugby or cricket and i happen to love Australia, three of my favourite tattoo artists in the world are Australian. Your the one judging me based on where I was from, not the other way around. I never leapt out of the blocks against you, I was disgusted that Sorn didn't wear proper gloves, I still Am. I actually haven't said anything about YOU at all until this point.

Next Sorn's artistic ability. I can't comment on something I haven't seen, both Antler and i said his tattoo work was clean for hand poked. Most of it is flash though, He has no drawings or paintings that i could find on the site so artistic ability is moot. Besides that it was the poor sterilization standards we've been criticizing, not his work. As for potential, Antler said quite clearly that the only thing holding him back is his lack of sterilization education, what more needed to be said about his potential than that? It seems you are only reading what you want to.

You've called me a know it all at least twice so far when that's exactly how your acting. Arrogant, ignorant and childish. I've already said I don't know everything, i'm quite comfortable with that fact and I look forward to learning and experiencing new things. Yes I started somewhere, I started as an apprentice in a shop. Cleaning, drawing and customer service was all I was allowed to do till my mentor was convinced I knew enough about CC and sterilization to move on to actual tattooing. I have since learned different methods from other shops and I'm always eager to learn more.

On a side note I never went to art school, nor would i ever want too, seriously why do you keep saying that, you've made some pretty presumptuous remarks about me considering how wise and experienced you are. whats my artistic education have to do with Sorn's tattooing? And yes i do have access to an autoclave, Besides the two at work I own one. They are quite easy to get a hold of and a friend of mine that started his tattooing career in Thailand had one when he was there, so Sorn could get one too. As for electricity, If he's as popular as you claim renting a proper shop shouldn't be a problem, he can hike is prices a little to justify it, He might even get more work that way. Worst comes to worst, there must be electricity access somewhere near by him, build him a small sterilization room separate from his procedure area, and have an electrician install a power point. eh, I'm probably wasting my breath.

It's great that there are natural remedies in Thailand, They can't cure Hep C or HIV though, thats what we are talking about. Not Jellyfish stings and bike accidents, you really just don't seem to be getting the risks your friend is taking without even knowing it.

Last you just said you've been fascinated by body art since the early 80's, yet earlier you said you weren't really interested in tattoos till you met Sorn, who has only been tattooing since the late 90's. Either way I don't see what that had to do with anything discussed other than you were possibly trying to show off your wealth of life experience? Well congratulations, you win, you know more than us, I am just a child and Sorn will never hurt himself or anyone else because he's very, very careful.
dan_T_jones
Hardcore

Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:26 am

Man you're a douche. Good luck finding any reputable tattoo website that would actually applaud your rhesus monkey Thai friend.

Dude I am Australian with very close thai friends and I have no qualms, racist related or otherwise, in saying that your friend is bad news for the tattoo industry.

And don't try and build him up as some slum class "oliver twist" hero, saving his community by making do with the resources he has got. This shit is not Medicen San Frontiers. He's a fat thai scratcher tattooing drunk tourists for money. I couldn't care less about what he does with the money he earns, it's how he earns it that is the problem.

And seriously stop ragging on BadTaste. I might be new and not now her well but from what I can see she is pleasant, helpful individual and damn good artist much better than your Sorn friend. And what has age got to do with anything. You're a fucking idiot and like 55