How do i put my tattoo gun together

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Live4him
Hardcore

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:21 pm

I doubt he's been banned, if he has then this site has changed way too much in the past few months...
Motokid
Hardcore

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:41 pm

Matt is the only one who can ban anybody at ET, and he's not here enough to have banned this turd within the last hour or so.

And....what this jerk did is certainly not ban-worthy.

This guy just left on his on. That's all.
I'd bet he'll be back at some point too.
dan_T_jones
Hardcore

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:47 pm

The great wheel turns and we have another incarnate.
Rufus08
Hardcore

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 pm

If he is a real artist then why does he call it a gun and asks for help in putting it together :roll:
CSA

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:42 am

Rufus08 wrote:If he is a real artist then why does he call it a gun and asks for help in putting it together :roll:
To get your goat.
vegas2008

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:31 am

First off ive clearly got off on the wrong foot with everybody on here. Which i will say is my own fault with my, shall we say idiotic posts. But what people have failed to notice is that i have put up the original post to see the reaction it would get. And yes rufus 08 i do know how to set up my Machines. Using the term gun was part of the joke. I knew it would get peoples blood boiling.

I have just joined this site and ive been reading the forum posts and a couple of things are clear. There are a great many people on this site who are very passionate and respectful of the art and i have no doubt that there are people genuinely sending messages like the one i posted to attempt to gain knowledge to make a quick bit of cash on the back of fucking up a friends skin.

I used my first machine when i was 14. And before i get hung and shot it was on pig skin. I continued this for 4 years as a hobby. And to answer the question Where did a 14 year old get hold of that? It was from my uncle who had inherited a set up from a friend. Being into art from a young age my reasons doing this where not to become a tattooist but just because i enjoyed using a different medium to channel my artistic expression. And that is kind of where it started. And before anybody asks i didnt start scratching out a career! No and along with most people in the industry i would not advocate doing so. There is no substitute for first hand training, i was an apprentice for 3 years. And when i began to tattoo for myself, i quit after a year because i felt i was giving clients the best i possible could so i worked under a another artist for another 2 years.

Why am i saying all this well the answer is simple. There are a lot of people on here either artists or enthusiasts who are completely out of order. and clearly have there heads stuck up there own arses. For example a young guy/girl has just watched Miami or LA ink and thinks im good at art i would love to do that, and when watching these programs it makes it look a damn site easier than what it is. There is no explanation of the dangers of tattoing. So they think Im going to buy a 'GUN'(joke rufus). Then said person decides to find out a little more info and joins a forum and ask "how to....." Although i have no doubt they probably wont ask the same way i did as i dont think anybody would be that stupid (somebody please tell me if there as ever been a post like that before). And what do they get for there troubles, A BIG FUCK YOU!. pictures of pistols and statements like go and fucking kill yourself. Do scratchers bring disrespect to this industry? Yes. Do they give real artist in general a bad name? Yes. But there are genuine people eager to learn out there who are looking for guidance and some of the arse holes on here feel its acceptable to offer threats of violence or gesture suicide for that persons lack of knowledge. Now do i think you should give them information. No. As ive already said real tutoring by an artist is paramount. But all your doing is making these people outcast and what do they end up doing. watching how to videos on fucking youtube and ehow and going out and doing the exact opposite of what we are aiming for. I am not speaking for everybody on here some people do the right thing and offer guidance in the right direction. My argument is mainly aimed at people under the enthusiast banner. More of you seem to have something to say than the artists. I don't doubt for one second your love and respect for this craft that is quite clear, but your behaviour towards those attempting to learn more is the opposite. You are the womb from which the scratcher sprouts.
foxonstilts
Hardcore

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:09 am

*head scratch*

if you have so much experience in the field, then how come you posted another thread that said
you wrote:can anyone please help, i am desperate to learn tattooing. I have bought a kit on ebay for $65 dollars and im ready to get started. How do i put the machine together
If you've been doing tattoos for 5-6 years, at least, as you claim, then how come your'e desperate to learn? Wouldn't you already know? And...and...andd.....it says you're 'ready to get started'. Didn't you get started a few years ago? Wait...ohhh... you wouldn't be lying, would you? ; ;

That would really hurt my feelings, to have someone online lie to me like that.
vegas2008

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:16 am

God sake you are about as sharp as 3RL blister pack from china. the other post is pretty much the same as this one and the same rules apply. I am merely getting a point across and ive working for 15 years not 5-6.
head still hurt.
Live4him
Hardcore

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:44 am

vegas2008 wrote:Although i have no doubt they probably wont ask the same way i did as i dont think anybody would be that stupid (somebody please tell me if there as ever been a post like that before).
... we have.
Ruffbubblez

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:02 am

well prove that ur an artist... post ur shit on here..... if you dont than you are lieing... that easy. so post some "tattoos" you have done and we shall be the judge....

p.s. your "joke" was in no way funny and proves that if you are a dick. And when you say that we people that aren't tattoo artists dont know anything about tattooing, than try us, i bet more than half of us know more than you
vegas2008

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 am

And You my friend are exactly what im talking about. Clearly missed the point of my entire exercise. Dumb ass
super_sam
Hardcore

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:48 am

Put up or shut up.... That is, in no way an insult. Unless you're a liar.
thistle

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Although i have no doubt they probably wont ask the same way i did as i dont think anybody would be that stupid (somebody please tell me if there as ever been a post like that before).
The problem is that you've made a false assumption here. It's a shame you didn't lurk longer before you posted or looked back at older posts. You would have found that the posts like the ones you made are pretty frequent. Actually, there have been ones that were even worse, but your post was fairly standard. That's why you got the response you got. I don't bother answering them at all, but the people who do, aren't talking out of their ass. They're just tired of seeing the same posts by people who really are "that stupid".

If you look back at past posts, you'll find that people who ask respectfully and seem generally naive don't get slammed as badly. Yes, there are a few that will automatically slam them, but there are plenty that will give them good advice and point them to the stickies on getting an apprenticeship.

There have also been posts by people who claimed to be artists, but when questioned further, their stories fell apart. They were just trying to get technical information to help them continue tattooing out of their kitchen.

The people who answered your posts are regulars here and have seen all those older posts I mentioned. The points you're trying to make are invalid given the board's post history, which is why people aren't getting it, and why they're skeptical about your story. If you genuinely want to participate in this forum, I suggest you do a little more research before coming to false conclusions and making condescending posts. Posting your work will also go a long way to establishing your credibility. Otherwise, people will just assume that you're not an artist or even a naive viewer of Miami Ink, but just one in a long line of intentionally deceitful posters, who just want to use tattooing as easy money, without regard to the health and welfare of the people they tattoo.
Gloom
Hardcore

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:40 pm

thistle wrote:
Although i have no doubt they probably wont ask the same way i did as i dont think anybody would be that stupid (somebody please tell me if there as ever been a post like that before).
The problem is that you've made a false assumption here. It's a shame you didn't lurk longer before you posted or looked back at older posts. You would have found that the posts like the ones you made are pretty frequent. Actually, there have been ones that were even worse, but your post was fairly standard. That's why you got the response you got. I don't bother answering them at all, but the people who do, aren't talking out of their ass. They're just tired of seeing the same posts by people who really are "that stupid".

If you look back at past posts, you'll find that people who ask respectfully and seem generally naive don't get slammed as badly. Yes, there are a few that will automatically slam them, but there are plenty that will give them good advice and point them to the stickies on getting an apprenticeship.

There have also been posts by people who claimed to be artists, but when questioned further, their stories fell apart. They were just trying to get technical information to help them continue tattooing out of their kitchen.

The people who answered your posts are regulars here and have seen all those older posts I mentioned. The points you're trying to make are invalid given the board's post history, which is why people aren't getting it, and why they're skeptical about your story. If you genuinely want to participate in this forum, I suggest you do a little more research before coming to false conclusions and making condescending posts. Posting your work will also go a long way to establishing your credibility. Otherwise, people will just assume that you're not an artist or even a naive viewer of Miami Ink, but just one in a long line of intentionally deceitful posters, who just want to use tattooing as easy money, without regard to the health and welfare of the people they tattoo.
very well said, if I could give you a cookie I would. :notworthy:
Rufus08
Hardcore

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Excellent reply Thistle :lol: