New Tattoo :oD

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Lunakago

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:27 am

Since I took my friend to get one on Saturday, I was really jonesin for another. I hit up my artist and he said if it was small he could squeeze me in, so I said "I'll be there!" I've been wanting this one for a while, it's just something simple and small, and another one of my brothers doodles :)
He messed up the line above the peace sign/heart (its split above the heart, should be split above the peace sign) but that's ok with me. It was an easy mistake to make, and quite honestly I think I like it a bit better this way :)

dan_T_jones
Hardcore

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:29 am

No the original way is better I think. This way the tat looses its symmetry. You are a fan of kooky tats aren't you?
Lunakago

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 am

dan_T_jones wrote:You are a fan of kooky tats aren't you?
Hahaha, yes I am, but really I just love my brothers drawings. However, they happen to be a little kooky =o)

All in all, I'm a hippie at heart, so this one fits me well =o)

I can PM you a picture of my next tat if you'd like to see it. It's not really kooky per se, but it's a little different =o)
dan_T_jones
Hardcore

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:49 am

I'd love to see it but I'm sure other members would to. Post it up here so we can all enjoy!
EvilJay
Hardcore

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:10 pm

I can appreciate that they are copies of your dead brothers drawings and all, but the artist doing them is not very good, and to get tattoos of shakey ameatuerish drawings done by a not so great artist, just makes it look like you have a bunch of crappy trailer park tattoos. You could have taken your brothers drawing to a great artist and had him use it as reference for an awesome peice. Instead, you have what you have, which is a crappy version of a kids drawing. I just dont think you're doing yourself or yourbrother any justice the way you're approaching this, but whatever blows your hair back I guess....
actualfact
Hardcore

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:33 pm

i wouldn't be surprised if that peace sign ages poorly. it might not even look like a peace sign years later.
Lunakago

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:44 pm

actualfact wrote:i wouldn't be surprised if that peace sign ages poorly. it might not even look like a peace sign in a couple of years.
I do expect it to blur after time, but you also gotta keep in mind when I took the pic of the tattoo was RIGHT after the artist was done doing it so my wrist was a bit swollen. We'll see how it looks when it's healed =o)
EvilJay
Hardcore

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Generally tattoos look as clean as they'll look right when theyre done..
threesixafix
Hardcore

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:36 pm

Heres an idea. Instead of getting all these little so so tattoos of sketches . Why dont you find a high quality portrait artist and have your brothers portrait tatted on you? I mean, I draw...horror shit. Just cause im dead I wouldnt expect my sister who doesnt even like horror to get a horror tattoo, get what Im saying?

And I think your going a little OD with the brother tattoos amyway. I think one would have been enough. Is it something you want to be reminded of all the time with these little tattoos everywhere?
Lunakago

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 pm

threesixafix wrote:Heres an idea. Instead of getting all these little so so tattoos of sketches . Why dont you find a high quality portrait artist and have your brothers portrait tatted on you? I mean, I draw...horror shit. Just cause im dead I wouldnt expect my sister who doesnt even like horror to get a horror tattoo, get what Im saying?

And I think your going a little OD with the brother tattoos amyway. I think one would have been enough. Is it something you want to be reminded of all the time with these little tattoos everywhere?
I don't like picture/portrait tattoo's, thats why for that one. Besides the fact my brother and I had a lot in common, and I like his drawings because they fit me as well, unlike your sister who doesn't like horror which is what you draw.

As for going OD, no I don't think I am. As I said, I like the drawings, regardless of who drew them. The fact he drew them is just a bonus. These are some of his happier drawings, so yes I do want to be reminded of the good times. When I look at these tattoos I smile, simple as that.

Besides, if I wanted to be judged on WHY I got the tattoo I would say that. However, I just posted the tattoo itself and wanted to share it, but hey if that's not allowed on here, that's cool. I can just hover around and make fun of everyones tattoos like the majority of you do. *shrugs*
EvilJay
Hardcore

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Lunakago wrote: Besides, if I wanted to be judged on WHY I got the tattoo I would say that. However, I just posted the tattoo itself and wanted to share it, but hey if that's not allowed on here, that's cool. I can just hover around and make fun of everyones tattoos like the majority of you do. *shrugs*
Don't get all butt-hurt. You posted the pics, Good tattoos get complimented, poor tattoos get critisized. So goes life.
Lunakago

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:47 pm

EvilJay wrote:
Lunakago wrote: Besides, if I wanted to be judged on WHY I got the tattoo I would say that. However, I just posted the tattoo itself and wanted to share it, but hey if that's not allowed on here, that's cool. I can just hover around and make fun of everyones tattoos like the majority of you do. *shrugs*
Don't get all butt-hurt. You posted the pics, Good tattoos get complimented, poor tattoos get critisized. So goes life.
I'm not butt hurt, I realize that. If you would actually read what I wrote instead of just reading the part you WANTED to read, you'd see I was more upset over being judged for WHY I got the tattoo, not over the fact that you guys think it sucks.

Regardless, it's my tattoo, so all that matters is if I like it, right? Right.
threesixafix
Hardcore

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:51 pm

Are you going to a shop and getting these done? Is it so small that the lines look that fat? Im not trying to be rude...

As long as you are happy thats all that matter. We dont get tats for other people...
Lunakago

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:54 pm

threesixafix wrote:Are you going to a shop and getting these done? Is it so small that the lines look that fat? Im not trying to be rude...

As long as you are happy thats all that matter. We dont get tats for other people...
Yes to the shop, and the lines really aren't that fat, I'm guessing it's just cause the pic is so up close? I don't know. I'll try to get a better pic of it tomorrow with the REAL camera, not with my cell lol.

And you're right, we don't! I <3 my tattoo's, as shitty as they may be. I realize the majority of them suck, but that's okay. Life is a learning experience and I'm learning =o)
reefdiver
Hardcore

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:01 pm

..........uhm, why not take a break,,,,,,,you're gonna run out of prime real estate,,,,,,,,,