Mom wants a tattoo!

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Dellah_Morte

Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Okay, so since I'm the artist in the family and I'm wanting to become a tattoo artist one day, my mom has decided she wants ME to come up with a design for her tattoo. It'll be her first tattoo, and she is a cake decorator so she wants a cake. I've been looking around on the internet, and pretty much all I've seen are cupcake tattoos, which I think are a little too young for her (she's around forty--looks much younger, though.)

So I was just wondering if anyone experieced has any suggestions on a design that is a cake (or a cake decorating bag) that can still look fairly mature and kind of classy, if that's possible... I can do potraits and letters and animals and all that stuff, but a cake is something I've never played around with, so any suggestions on how to go about it are very appreciated!
Dellah_Morte

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:02 pm

I mean suggestions on translating it into tattoo form without it looking cartoony. =/
Freddie
Hardcore

Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:11 am

....seriously, take an image of a sweet, simple, well-designed and decorated fondant-iced cake and draw it. You mentioned wanting to become a tattoo artist, and this is a typical example of design work you'll be asked to do on a daily basis in this industry