New Kid in Town.

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

MattCrunk
Hardcore

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:24 am

Want a good laugh? Check out this shit . . .

This guy is operating a "shop" out of his (mobile) home in small town about 30 miles from me. He even printed up some pretty fancy full color business cards to promote it, but is totally unlicensed and illegal. Why the health dept. hasn't paid him a visit already is beyond me.

Be sure to check out all his photos, including the pix of his equipment that he's so proud of. Some photos are obviously snagged from supplier websites. Check out his space art too. Awesome wicked bad stuff dude.

http://www.myspace.com/kidwolftattoo
Freddie
Hardcore

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:04 am

Beyond the fact that the work, as expected, is pretty awful, I love the fact that he's proud as shit to show image upon image that display a lack of barriers/bags of any kind (my favorite is the one of him holding the unwrapped bottle, grinning like a moron).

Seriously, the work on that site is frightening, as are the conditions said work is being done in. Hopefully it's taken care of soon, though, if your local board of health is anything like ours, it won't be.
phantommenace
Hardcore

Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:31 am

lol at the pics of his kids playing with his 12 guage
Milochkva

Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:39 am

ohhh wow, those space paintings are an embarrassment to any learned artist wielding an airbrush machine. not to mention its completely obvious that 99.7% of those pictures are google images.
dreamer5
Hardcore

Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:26 am

his work is truly awful....but what can you expect from a scratcher, really? but what sticks with me is the picture of him tattooing 'mustang linda'.....yikes....my eyes!!! do you think she's his ex or the new woman in his life? :lol: ...and don't even get me started on his kid playing with the 12 gauge....i hope he gets shut down asap...or at the very least, has all his fingers broken....
EvilJay
Hardcore

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:24 am

I don't know why you're posting help wanted ads on the web when all you have to do is go 30 miles down the road for talent like that...

Fuckin terrible..
MattCrunk
Hardcore

Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:48 am

Freddie wrote:Hopefully it's taken care of soon, though, if your local board of health is anything like ours, it won't be.
He's operating in another county so I don't know anything about their health inspectors. However, our own inspectors have told me point blank that they have little or no power to police home-based scratchers. Basically the health dept. is only there to regulate legitimate shops. I guess they figure (and rightly so) that if you're dumb enough to go to a scratcher you deserve anything you get.
Gloom
Hardcore

Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:27 pm

:puke: terrible
DaveThomas

Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:51 pm

i think this picture explains his style quite nicely....

dan_T_jones
Hardcore

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Well at least he isn't taking your business Matt.

Cool new avatar btw
MattCrunk
Hardcore

Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah, the woman that gave me Kidwolf's business card stated proudly that he was the only artist she'd use, because she'd gone to another shop and they'd quoted her $60 (yeah, that's right, sixty dollars) for a full chest piece. Apparently she thought the kid's work was a bargain after that, so I can only imagine what he's charging.

She was such a hopeless case that I didn't even bother to give her one of my cards.
phantommenace
Hardcore

Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:07 am

those don't even look like the medical gloves we wear ,. more like food handling gloves like the one's you find employees wearing in subway resturants.
Gloom
Hardcore

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:16 am

phantommenace wrote:those don't even look like the medical gloves we wear ,. more like food handling gloves like the one's you find employees wearing in subway resturants.
cuz those are the ones that came with his $60 ULTIMATE PRO TATTOO KIT. duhh :roll: lol
EvilJay
Hardcore

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:47 am

Gloom wrote:
phantommenace wrote:those don't even look like the medical gloves we wear ,. more like food handling gloves like the one's you find employees wearing in subway resturants.
cuz those are the ones that came with his $60 ULTIMATE PRO TATTOO KIT. duhh :roll: lol
It's the INSANE tattoo kit... Amateurs use the Ultimate kit... :roll:
MattCrunk
Hardcore

Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:47 am

You know, as much as we enjoy poking fun at this idiot and others like him (and they're ALL idiots, both he and his clients), it has often occurred to me that tattooing NEEDS people like this. Tattooing is and always will be a folk art, and folk art, by definition, is home-spun art lacking in academic merit. It's art for the people, by the people - by common folk.

Over the past century we have sanitized and commercialized tattooing to the point where it is now a vocation approaching a high art form, but there will always be scratchers, and in reality there always should be. It keeps us grounded.