New Tatt - Massive Foot Swelling

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

spidaminida
Hardcore

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:30 am

Thanks for the info guys, I've heard a lot of the points you make before about superbugs such as MRSA being on the rise due to excessive use of antibiotics and children's immune systems being weakened by over-prescribing them (also due in no small part to our obsession with making our houses and lives "germ"-free...Omo has it right, dirt really IS good for you!). However, in the curious case of Mr Jase there were extenuating circumstances but, as it turns out, he was given the wrong antibiotic anyway :roll:
Fair point you make Mme Rufarius, but for the fact that the doctors do only one thing here: referrals. Anything they can think of, to the point of idiocy. I got a referral for an X-ray for a minute splinter of glass that I'd had stuck in my foot for ages, which the doc admitted wasn't going to show up, but referred me anyway.
Seriously, there's nothing that would even suggest a blood clot. Although I refused to admit that there was no way in the world the doctor was definately wrong and Jase shouldn't go, his foot really was simply swollen, and only slightly exacerbated by a long flight. Doccy Mc Doc Doc just wanted to share the wealth with his bretherin.
To Sidelvar, although TIWWD's reaction was, I thought, a little OTT, (urgh, I'm talking like a frickin teenager! Sorry, I'll stop that now.) hence (that's better) my query, she does make a valid point that modern medicine is a very blunt tool, with drugs being approved on the basis that they might do a little more help than harm. So, y'know, taking something that's natural that hasn't been synthesised or over-concentrated can sometimes be far more useful to the body. Although sadly the natural medicines are especially prone to being snake oil. For example, homeopathic remedies. Big bunch o' shite they are so they are...
Reefer, I'll get those piccies up for you soon as I can figure the thing out. It's pretty awesome. Really, quite awesome.
buttwheat
Hardcore

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:58 am

spidaminida wrote:Thanks for the info guys, I've heard a lot of the points you make before about superbugs such as MRSA being on the rise due to excessive use of antibiotics and children's immune systems being weakened by over-prescribing them (also due in no small part to our obsession with making our houses and lives "germ"-free...Omo has it right, dirt really IS good for you!). However, in the curious case of Mr Jase there were extenuating circumstances but, as it turns out, he was given the wrong antibiotic anyway :roll:
Fair point you make Mme Rufarius, but for the fact that the doctors do only one thing here: referrals. Anything they can think of, to the point of idiocy. I got a referral for an X-ray for a minute splinter of glass that I'd had stuck in my foot for ages, which the doc admitted wasn't going to show up, but referred me anyway.
Seriously, there's nothing that would even suggest a blood clot. Although I refused to admit that there was no way in the world the doctor was definately wrong and Jase shouldn't go, his foot really was simply swollen, and only slightly exacerbated by a long flight. Doccy Mc Doc Doc just wanted to share the wealth with his bretherin.
To Sidelvar, although TIWWD's reaction was, I thought, a little OTT, (urgh, I'm talking like a frickin teenager! Sorry, I'll stop that now.) hence (that's better) my query, she does make a valid point that modern medicine is a very blunt tool, with drugs being approved on the basis that they might do a little more help than harm. So, y'know, taking something that's natural that hasn't been synthesised or over-concentrated can sometimes be far more useful to the body. Although sadly the natural medicines are especially prone to being snake oil. For example, homeopathic remedies. Big bunch o' shite they are so they are...
Reefer, I'll get those piccies up for you soon as I can figure the thing out. It's pretty awesome. Really, quite awesome.

What am I missing here? Are you and Jas71 the same person?
spidaminida
Hardcore

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:06 am

That's funny...yeah he's my Tyler Durdan. I'm his chica...
ThisIsWhatWeDo
Hardcore

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:34 pm

sidelvar wrote:TIWWD, No matter what you do your going to ingest shit thats awful for you. Tough shit, when I feel like im getting sick should I not take extra zinc, cough/medicine. Tell you this much I sure as hell am not waiting till I'm sitting on the shitter with diarrhea and the pukes.
You clearly did not even read/understand my post so i'm not even going to respond to this, other than to say you don't get it. I never said or even hinted at anything you just accused me of.
Tyr
Hardcore

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Sounds perfectly normal and it happened to me on both my legs, enjoy your kankles while they last!
OICUR4692
Hardcore

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:11 pm

and lets not even start with the flouride in municipal water!!!
sidelvar
Hardcore

Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:33 am

ThisIsWhatWeDo wrote:
sidelvar wrote:TIWWD, No matter what you do your going to ingest shit thats awful for you. Tough shit, when I feel like im getting sick should I not take extra zinc, cough/medicine. Tell you this much I sure as hell am not waiting till I'm sitting on the shitter with diarrhea and the pukes.
You clearly did not even read/understand my post so i'm not even going to respond to this, other than to say you don't get it. I never said or even hinted at anything you just accused me of.
I understood it perfectly fine thanks, it just made my head hurt because of the banter. Yes kids are given too much meds I don't disagree but I also hope more kids start dying because of it (fucked up I know but other than my neice I don't like em). If I, like th OP, decide to make the decision as an adult to dose up on some meds because it could be much worse if I don't.. I'm eating pills 4 times a day.
xXQUIZITx

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:52 pm

I recently got tattooed by the same artist Brass KNuckles that say dad in them one day on my Calf and the next day under the knuckles A swallow near my ankle the knuckles are healing up fine but the swallow looks like Shit i mean shit its been about 6 days and not healed and red and puffy (swollen) around it all the color looks bland and sometimes hard to walk i do not understand ....I know he went extremely deep for some reason and asked him bout that but he insisted he was not well now that it it somewhat healing you can definitly tell the lines are so deep more like cuts than lines .......WTF