What would be a symbol for freedom?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

houstontexan

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:20 pm

I wanted to get a symbol for freedom because I love the fact that I have freedom, it's a big part of my life. Also because of my family history when my family escaped Nazi Germany because of the genocide of the Jewish people.
threesixafix
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:30 pm

An open cell.

Dont the white doves flying away rep that?
I just googled the image freedom and a rack of stuff pops up.
Freemdom from Nazi Germany would be a lot to cram into a tat and make sense of it all. Are you lookking to do a sleeve or what?
houstontexan

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 pm

threesixafix wrote:An open cell.

Dont the white doves flying away rep that?
I just googled the image freedom and a rack of stuff pops up.
Freemdom from Nazi Germany would be a lot to cram into a tat and make sense of it all. Are you lookking to do a sleeve or what?
No I was planning on getting something on my chest, I already have one on my upper back.

The symbol I would want would just be one that represents freedom and then I could say that it means a lot to me because of my family history and stuff, not an epic timeline that would require a sleeve.
threesixafix
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Well an American Eagle of course..but that would be more American Freedom. Is that what your looking for or what?
scape
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 pm

jews shoveling nazi soldiers into an oven? i think that would be down right hilarious, i'm not even kidding! I have jews in the family and i'm german... so no racism is intended, just humor.

freedom... well... the american flag, bald eagle, broken ball and chain...

basically any historic american imagery that was used to represent freedom or any non-working/broken instrument that removes freedom.
houstontexan

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Yeah I was kind of thinking that considering they did come to America afterall haha.
houstontexan

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:42 pm

But I'm still open to any other symbols for freedom though, not just the American bald eagle.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:49 pm

"symbol", "represents" ,"means".... Ugghhhh. Just get whatever visually appeals to you and SKIP telling everyone what your god damn tattoo means. I'm a 30 year old guy with 30+ hours of ink and NO-ONE asks me what ANY of my tattoos "mean", EVER. That shit only matters to the douche bag that has to tell every fuckin person they see what their tattoo "symbolizes". It "means" that you decided to have someone permanantly color on you. Thats it...ANYTHING can mean ANYTHING to YOU and mean NOTHING to someone else... A heart with an american flag wrapped around it can "symbolize" freedom as much as a skeleton breaking out of an hourglass as much as a unicorn flyiing over a rainbow. Seriously. What the fuck do you want to hear?
threesixafix
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:57 pm

EvilJay wrote:"symbol", "represents" ,"means".... Ugghhhh. Just get whatever visually appeals to you and SKIP telling everyone what your god damn tattoo means. I'm a 30 year old guy with 30+ hours of ink and NO-ONE asks me what ANY of my tattoos "mean", EVER. That shit only matters to the douche bag that has to tell every fuckin person they see what their tattoo "symbolizes". It "means" that you decided to have someone permanantly color on you. Thats it...ANYTHING can mean ANYTHING to YOU and mean NOTHING to someone else... A heart with an american flag wrapped around it can "symbolize" freedom as much as a skeleton breaking out of an hourglass as much as a unicorn flyiing over a rainbow. Seriously. What the fuck do you want to hear?
:lol:

I want to hear the sound of Super Sams open throat gurgling... :evil:
super_sam
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Post another picture of your face "Big Easy"

To the OP: How bout my avatar..? It has to do with nazis and jews...
threesixafix
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:21 pm

super_sam wrote:Post another picture of your face "Big Easy"

Why, you looking to show off you artistic ability in MS Paint?
houstontexan

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 pm

EvilJay wrote:"symbol", "represents" ,"means".... Ugghhhh. Just get whatever visually appeals to you and SKIP telling everyone what your god damn tattoo means. I'm a 30 year old guy with 30+ hours of ink and NO-ONE asks me what ANY of my tattoos "mean", EVER. That shit only matters to the douche bag that has to tell every fuckin person they see what their tattoo "symbolizes". It "means" that you decided to have someone permanantly color on you. Thats it...ANYTHING can mean ANYTHING to YOU and mean NOTHING to someone else... A heart with an american flag wrapped around it can "symbolize" freedom as much as a skeleton breaking out of an hourglass as much as a unicorn flyiing over a rainbow. Seriously. What the fuck do you want to hear?
Well because some ancient symbol or something for society's past could actually look cool.
super_sam
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:55 pm

threesixafix wrote:
super_sam wrote:Post another picture of your face "Big Easy"

Why, you looking to show off you artistic ability in MS Paint?
No... it'll make me puke... You wanted gurgling... post up your face...
escapeartist
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:56 pm

tits look cool too.
Rufus08
Hardcore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:49 pm

What does freedom mean to you? For some people having money is the ultimate freedom...maybe it is religious freedom....how about the freedom to express yourself that is unique to you. The sky is really the limit when it comes to symbolism. Have fun with the research...I am sure something will appeal to you.