advice needed...

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

dannigurl

Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:38 pm

i just turned 18- so im finally able to get a tattoo without parental consent. I have really wanted a tattoo for a good couple of years now, so its not really a 'im trying to rebel' type thing like everyone else SEEMS to be telling me. i was thinking of a place where my parents wouldnt REALLY freak out if i got one (i still hafta please them, they pay my bills) and one that i could kinda be proud of, you know? so i was thinking- a shamrock on the ball of my foot...but then my roommate just got her first tattoo on the back of her neck and she said that getting one on my foot would probably not be my best bet. i'm kinda hardset on getting it there and was just wondering what someone who actually had gone through the process/did it would think. thanks for any help or information.
kate1211

Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:09 pm

By the "ball of your foot," do you mean the bottom?
dannigurl

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:26 pm

yea itd be on the bottom, like the part under your toes....does anyone ever do that?
kate1211

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:41 pm

Most reputable parlors recommend against it, some refuse, NO ONE will guarantee a tattoo in that area, they don't stand up to time well. Lower back, hips, shoulders are all easily concealed.. Good luck!~Kate
dannigurl

Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:42 pm

i was thinking about hips before but stretching when i have babies in the far off future kinda put that one off for me :( shoulder is weird for me cause i wear SO many strapless dresses if i hafta go out somewhere really nice. BUT i'll definately look into lower back. i appreciate all the suggestions!! thanks a bunch!
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:13 am

Two suggestions:

1. DO NOT get a tattoo on your foot.

2. If you need to hide a tattoo, DO NOT get one.

Hiding a tattoo goes against the entire idea of having a tattoo. If someone would change their opinion of you over a mark on your body (especially one who claims to care for you) you would be best getting that person out of your life as soon as possible. Anyone who wishes to control you in that manner is dangerous to you. If you are ashamed of it, it is best to avoid doing it. When a customer begins a conversation with "I can't let anyone see it", that's about as far as the conversation goes. They don't really want one bad enough if hiding it from mommy and daddy is first and foremost in the equasion. It is a rite of passage. You get what you get when you do it. If your parents desert you and change their opinion of you, then that is what you needed to see...their shallowness and conditional love for you. It's best to go through life with open eyes, I assure you.