Re-Piercing (ears)

Questions related to piercings

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, jamison

ForLearninSake

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi guys,
Five years ago, I got my left ear pierced. It hurt and felt entirely too awkward, unlike the piercings in my right ear, so I ended up taking out the stupid little stud and letting it heal up.

The scar is still there, and is visible, but it doesn't really feel like there is any inflamed tissue inside it.

Would it be all right if I get it pierced over again? (Done right this time, of course.) After some slight research, I've seen a few stories where something bad has happened to a person's piercing, and they pull it out and let it heal up to a degree, but they haven't mentioned anything about scar tissue and I'm mildly worried about it.
Of course, I will ask the piercer, but I've known this place as a pretty irrefutable source of information and thought to ask here.

As for my right ear, it had been pierced twice, and about a year ago I got entirely sick of the infection issues I was having with it, and pulled the earrings out for good. (One of the infections was due to the acrylic earrings I had, the other one was my own blunder for stretching too soon.) The holes haven't quite healed up and there is a lot of scarring happening. If I get that ear pierced again, it's definitely going to be a pretty long ways down the road.

Thanks for any advice.
sidelvar
Hardcore

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:19 am

you should be fine just make sure you have a pro do it.