Learning to draw.

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

CU26

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:28 am

I recently just had an urge to pick up a pen and paper and just start sketching things. I have no intent of being a tattoo artist or tattooing anyone but thought this still might be on topic. I just started drawing roses and despite never having an artistic ability at all, realize I'm not too bad at sketching something up.

Just wondering where did the artists start learning the basics of just drawing? I know many people develop it as a child or take classes back in school but did anyone just ever learn from doing something over and over? Or maybe even pick up a pencil and learning your own way?
Blueblotch

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:22 am

Are you atleast tattooed?
If not this is a random and annoying post.

Try www.deviantart.com

There is a forum there with alot of talented people who share you artistic interest.
Aera
Hardcore

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Ew fuck deviant.

Do gfxartist.com

Real professionals there that crit and comment on your work that you upload and isnt filled with gay anime fags.

----

And as for drawing, try buying some pencils like 2B and an H pencil, one hard and one light lead is a good way to start on learning on shading.

And the best tip i got for painting:

Dont be afraid to push your darks.
CU26

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 pm

No, BluBlotch....I am not tattooed. I will have tattoos later but this is not related to tattooing. Just drawing in general.

Aera wrote:Ew fuck deviant.

Do gfxartist.com

Real professionals there that crit and comment on your work that you upload and isnt filled with gay anime fags.

----

And as for drawing, try buying some pencils like 2B and an H pencil, one hard and one light lead is a good way to start on learning on shading.

And the best tip i got for painting:

Dont be afraid to push your darks.
And thanks, I like the idea of trying out the shading pencils, definitly will take that.
Blueblotch

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:25 pm

I want to learn how to draw so I will go to a tattoo website.

Thats like saying I want to learn about dogs so let me post on a horse website. while they share some of the same attributes they are different animals.

BTW Aera that gfx artist.com is pretty cool, the deviantart anime infestation is fucking annoying.
sidelvar
Hardcore

Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:43 am

Blu, the only thing wrong with his question is the correct section of the forum, I would put it in either art or anything but. Look at my sign up date, I visited the site for some time before i signed up and I just got my first last week.
CU26

Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Blueblotch wrote:I want to learn how to draw so I will go to a tattoo website.

Thats like saying I want to learn about dogs so let me post on a horse website. while they share some of the same attributes they are different animals.

BTW Aera that gfx artist.com is pretty cool, the deviantart anime infestation is fucking annoying.
Yes, tattooing and drawing are as just like dogs and horses...(Says the guy with the shitty tattoos) I posted here cause I know that there are many artists that check this. Yes it could have been in a different section but this is the most popular and just decided to, not a big deal. And why did it matter if I'm not tattooed yet? Just wondering.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:40 pm

just wondering what other forums have you asked this question on???? lots of art forums out there///////
Aera
Hardcore

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:42 pm

@CU - Yeah no problem. =]

@Blu - Yeah gfxartist is a lot more serious than deviant, not to mention easier to navigate and with less ads.