Lil' Help

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

markdk86

Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:02 pm

I was looking into getting a tattoo to maybe represent independence.

I don't believe you should let yourself be controlled and you need to be your own person. My father used to try to mold me, minipulate me and he's always been something thats affected my life.

Anyone have any symbols or ideas because I'm drawing blanks.
Tattude
Hardcore

Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:59 am

markdk86 wrote:My father used to try to mold me, minipulate me and he's always been something thats affected my life.
Sounds like you have a wonderful father. If only ALL fathers cared this much for there children!
abbyful
Hardcore

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:02 am

I see in your profile that you're 19 years old. My only warning is don't get a tattoo as something to rebel against your father. (It sounds like he's trying to raise you right.) If you want a tattoo, get something meaningful to you and not something to be anti-someone else. (I'm not saying you're going one way or the other, just remember that it's there forever and your ideas may change. I was AMAZED how much my parents 'learned' from the time I was 15 until I was in my 20s. When I was a teen, they had horrible rules, didnt' know anything about being young, etc. Then when I got in my 20s, I was amazed that now they actually knew what they were talking about!)
markdk86

Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:10 pm

Nono I don't plan to do this in a rebelious form at all. It's just as a result I strongly believe that people need to be their own person and stand up for what they believe in, so in essence you can say I'm looking for something to stand for that.

I believe one should speak their mind and all that jazz. I tend to have a philosophical view about things and am very open minded. My relationship with my father is okay, I haven't lived with him in almost 10 years but I still see him.
Tattude
Hardcore

Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:33 am

Philosophy, the easiest major in schools today… :)
Back to your question, I was just reading something about independence, change, being oneself and all that jazz. I'll conjure it up if know one else chimes in.
markdk86

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:37 pm

conjure away :)