FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile MPS Search Log in to check your private messages Log in

Healing question (smearing?)

Goto page 1,   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> My First Tattoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s2010

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Healing question (smearing?) Reply with quote

Okay, so I got my tattoo on friday and I didn't notice it at first but it looks like some of the black lines are smeared like if you put ink on the skin's surface and wipe it away and it leaves streaks. I'm not sure if this is stained skin maybe cuz you can't wash the tattoo real hard or if I did something wrong? I followed instruction.

Last edited by s2010 on Wed May 19, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
EvilJay

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on. The picture is terrible.. Try again...
cowakegirl

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly is that supposed to be. if it is a tattoo of a blob then i think it is fine, otherwise you have a problem...with your ability use a camera at the very least.
Angertank

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (2)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's not so good to scrub a new tattoo, I often have ink, both pen and tattoo ink, around a new tattoo for days afterward. If what you're seeing looks like smudged ink, it'll probably go away over time. My new tattoos usually look pretty messy for a few days.
magnumman

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (3)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let it heal how you were instructed and see how it looks. Often some of that extra ink will fade or go away as it heals. If it still looks like that after you're healed in a couple of weeks or so then make sure you let the artist know...assuming you got this from a legit artist in a legit shop. Could be "blowouts", the lines may need to be fixed which a legit artist should do for free.
s2010

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilJay wrote:
Come on. The picture is terrible.. Try again...

it's with a camera phone. no need to be rude. seriously.
s2010

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnumman wrote:
Let it heal how you were instructed and see how it looks. Often some of that extra ink will fade or go away as it heals. If it still looks like that after you're healed in a couple of weeks or so then make sure you let the artist know...assuming you got this from a legit artist in a legit shop. Could be "blowouts", the lines may need to be fixed which a legit artist should do for free.

thanks.
s2010

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angertank wrote:
Since it's not so good to scrub a new tattoo, I often have ink, both pen and tattoo ink, around a new tattoo for days afterward. If what you're seeing looks like smudged ink, it'll probably go away over time. My new tattoos usually look pretty messy for a few days.

thanks Smile
awsugarx

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (1)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2010 wrote:
Angertank wrote:

thanks Smile

Yeah, that's what I was worried about too. I got my tattoo done on Saturday and it's finally starting to peel and smudge. It looks weird at the moment, especially since it's all black ink.
s2010

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsugarx wrote:
s2010 wrote:
Angertank wrote:

thanks Smile

Yeah, that's what I was worried about too. I got my tattoo done on Saturday and it's finally starting to peel and smudge. It looks weird at the moment, especially since it's all black ink.

yeah it looks like just the black outlining and some of blue in the anchor is what's smeared i think it might just be excess ink. I'm glad I'm not the only one lol
flyangler

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2010 wrote:
awsugarx wrote:
s2010 wrote:
Angertank wrote:

thanks Smile

yeah it looks like just the black outlining and some of blue in the anchor is what's smeared i think it might just be excess ink. I'm glad I'm not the only one lol

Hello and welcome, Could you post a pic of your tattoo? I have an anchor as well and would like to see yours. Thanks
kuki

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (6)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post another pic. This sounds like what happened on my chest piece. Hopefully not.

I'm still trying to figure out if the artist went to deep over my sternum, or if my skin was too fair and thin to handle it. Confused
awsugarx

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (1)

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tattoo is doing something similar. It's on the eighth day of healing and it's still peeling. It's also smudging and it just looks incredibly strange. It looks a lot lighter and I've done EXACTLY what the artist recommended.
maturetattoo

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (5)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Healing question (smearing?) Reply with quote

s2010 wrote:
Okay, so I got my tattoo on friday and I didn't notice it at first but it looks like some of the black lines are smeared like if you put ink on the skin's surface and wipe it away and it leaves streaks. I'm not sure if this is stained skin maybe cuz you can't wash the tattoo real hard or if I did something wrong? I followed instruction.

Didn't you post this, on the same day, on "how old were you when you got your first tattoo ?"
s2010 wrote:
I will be 23 next month and I just got my first. Had I got a tattoo when I was young, I'd probably already regret it.

And now this...
s2010 wrote:
It's on the eighth day of healing and it's still peeling. It's also smudging and it just looks incredibly strange. It looks a lot lighter and I've done EXACTLY what the artist recommended.

Are you already having regrets ? Post a picture so that we can see what you're talking about.
EvilJay

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fuzzy and cloudy cause its healing. Thats exactally what it's supposed to do. LET IT HEAL...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> My First Tattoo All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1,   
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: