Healing question (smearing?)

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

awsugarx

Wed May 26, 2010 3:19 pm

maturetattoo wrote:
s2010 wrote:Okay, so I got my tattoo on friday and I didn't notice it at first but it looks like some of the black lines are smeared like if you put ink on the skin's surface and wipe it away and it leaves streaks. I'm not sure if this is stained skin maybe cuz you can't wash the tattoo real hard or if I did something wrong? I followed instruction.
Didn't you post this, on the same day, on "how old were you when you got your first tattoo ?"
s2010 wrote:I will be 23 next month and I just got my first. Had I got a tattoo when I was young, I'd probably already regret it.
And now this...
s2010 wrote:It's on the eighth day of healing and it's still peeling. It's also smudging and it just looks incredibly strange. It looks a lot lighter and I've done EXACTLY what the artist recommended.
Are you already having regrets ? Post a picture so that we can see what you're talking about.
I'm definitely not having regrets. It just still looks sort of dull because it has a couple more days for it to heal. I also put sun screen on it today, which was a bad idea, but it's past ten days. If I only did that once, will it affect it?

I feel like a dolt.
Angertank
Hardcore

Wed May 26, 2010 4:54 pm

awsugarx wrote:I feel like a dolt.
I like people who use the word dolt fearlessly.
Gloom
Hardcore

Wed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm

I've put sunscreen on a tattoo that was like 2 days old because I had to be out in it and I didn't want it to bake. Now obviously, the best thing would've been to not go out in the sun, or to cover it with clothing, but at the time it just wasn't feasible. And the tattoo healed fine.

It's your first, so you're freaking out over it and that's acceptable. I think most of us did/do. Give it about a month to heal totally and then let us know if it still looks messed up. In which case, your shop will probably touch it up for you for free. To echo Jay, stop worrying and let it heal!
awsugarx

Wed May 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Gloom wrote:I've put sunscreen on a tattoo that was like 2 days old because I had to be out in it and I didn't want it to bake. Now obviously, the best thing would've been to not go out in the sun, or to cover it with clothing, but at the time it just wasn't feasible. And the tattoo healed fine.

It's your first, so you're freaking out over it and that's acceptable. I think most of us did/do. Give it about a month to heal totally and then let us know if it still looks messed up. In which case, your shop will probably touch it up for you for free. To echo Jay, stop worrying and let it heal!
Thank you.
magnumman
Hardcore

Wed May 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Gloom wrote:...It's your first, so you're freaking out over it and that's acceptable. I think most of us did/do. Give it about a month to heal totally and then let us know if it still looks messed up. In which case, your shop will probably touch it up for you for free. To echo Jay, stop worrying and let it heal!
That about sums it up.