Help - Tattoo Symbols/Quotes rep. Overcoming Hardship/Abuse

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

JenniferK

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 am

annie420 wrote:i agree that maybe you are still hung up on what happened to you in the past. maybe you need something to signify growth or rebirth, like a lotus flower or maybe a pheonix? a lotus could look realy pretty even if its small as for pheonix i think they look better when their big. personallly i haven't taken the jump to get a tattoo done in a very visible spot, you are young and still a teenager and probably don't know what you are going to do with the rest of your life and if you would want such a personal thing in such a visible spot. ( people tend to ask why you got the tattoo and if you are not up for explaning or being reminded of your past its probably not a good idea) also your profession might frown upon a visible tattoo. as for your mom taking you kudos to her, my mom took me as a grad present but made me look at the tattoo i was going to get for a year every day before i got it... and i still love it thanks to her :)
Obviously, you didn't read the whole original post. ;) This tattoo is for a sign of growth.

As far as what I plan on doing for the rest of my life, I will be going to school for business with a minor in art history. I will then go back to a different school strictly for interior design.

While in school for interior design, I will find the best job I can with the degrees I have.

After that, I will be opening up my own interior decorating business in which I am my own boss and do not have to worry about whether or not my tattoos are acceptable. ;)

So, yeah, I know what I a doing for the rest of my life.

And, honestly, I have no issue explaining, simply, what a tattoo is or represents.

Thank you! I wish some of these other people understood my mother's thinking behind she being the one to take me for my first tattoo. She has always said that she is more than willing to take me, but it has to be once I turn 18 and I have to know for sure what I want, it can't be a split-second decision.
Gloom
Hardcore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:12 am

ah to be young and know it all hehe
EvilJay
Hardcore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:44 am

I bet this twat is atreat to hang out with in real life... Uggghhhhhh. :roll:
Gloom
Hardcore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:23 am

she reminds me of ThisIsWhatWeDo
JenniferK

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:48 am

Yeah, you people are really helpful. ;)

Thanks for ridiculing me and calling me names, that is a very lovely thing for you to do to someone probably 30 or more years your junior. ;)

For those of you that think my future is just a dream, I've been accepted to the business school that was number one on my list, so I'm already part way there. (:

If any of you have children or teenagers, I sure as hell hope you don't belittle your children and their future plans like this. ;)
Gloom
Hardcore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Actually you're only about 10 or 15 years my minor, but regardless of age, when someone's being a condescending, close-minded prick about something it's pretty easy to get snippy with them. ESPECIALLY when it's someone younger. You're saying we haven't been helpful? You came on here with your sob story and terrible tattoo idea, and we tried to offer you advice, but you came back with some bitchy diatribe everytime. Let me give you some more advice that you can cut to bits: NO ONE CARES you really think we give a shit what some snotty little brat does with her life? We have better shit to worry about. So come down off your high horse and realize that maybe there are some people a bit wiser than you who can offer you something.
flyangler
Hardcore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:00 pm

How about you get a vagina on the ditch of your arm?
Sphenoid
Hardcore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:05 pm

flyangler wrote:How about you get a vagina on the ditch of your arm?
Get a vagina in your arm pit. Then tell people that's just how it smells
mercury

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:05 pm

JenniferK wrote: So, yeah, I know what I a doing for the rest of my life.
If you are already thinking this way you are in for a hell of a wake-up call.....