vitamin E ?

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

annie420

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:19 pm

hey guys,
so i have just finished up a rib piece, im new so my pics will be up soon. anyways its a super tender area and it has scabbed up quite a bit, regular lotion isn't doing the trick, it literally just soaks it right up and it feels super dry and stiff within 20 minutes. i went to the drug store but they no longer have a and d ointment (and apparently no where sells it in canada?) i was looking for something that is natural and doesn't have petrolium, or lanoline or any crap in it and found a regular vitamine e ointment ( vitamine e is the onlky ingredient) its nice and thick but i thought i would check and see if it's okay to use on a new scabby tattoo. i have used this other stuff by esscents thats all natrual and is called the skin rejuvinator but im all out from my last session and its too expensive :( any input would be much appreciated thank you !
EvilJay
Hardcore

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Dont over-goo it. Put Aveeno or luberderm on it 2 or 3 times a day and call it good. It's gonna dry and peel some. Thats how your body heals. Don't saturate it with goo.. Less is better than more.
Gloom
Hardcore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:15 am

you could also try shea butter and lavendar oil, there's an faq about aftercare here that goes into more detail, and offers a lot of advice. best of luck with the healing, post some pics!
annie420

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:36 am

okay thanks guys, i just wanted to make sure that vitamine e ointment would be okay, its just in an akward spot that bends a lot and i don't want it to crack.... because that really hurts lol.