Marni Yang murder trial

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

butterfliesanddragons

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 pm

nm
Last edited by butterfliesanddragons on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pastel

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:30 pm

butterfliesanddragon, I'm interested in knowing who you are. Alot of what you are saying has been repeated around the web by anonymous posters who sound just like you. I think you are the same person. I firmly don't believe what you are saying is true, and you are just repeating what lies her lawyers tried to put out there.

In the beginning of this thread you made it seem like you didn't know much about this case, but you actually do

Marni's father Larry Merar has alot of money. They have a very rich Aunt (multi million dollar rich). Her ex boyfriend was being USED by her. Using people is second nature to Marni. She was not hard up for cash because her Dad helps her out as always. No one hired Marni for a contract hit. She did herself and her alone. Stop trying to spin this, she's already been convicted by a mountain of evidence.
butterfliesanddragons

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:52 pm

nm
Last edited by butterfliesanddragons on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pastel

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:27 pm

You are right, you are entitled to your opinions. But your opinions are just that, opinions. Don't present it as FACT.

I have followed the case for a long time (more than a year BEFORE they arrested her) and I don't remember reading about you presented as FACT. They were RUMORS the defense put out to the media to try to have fingers pointed at Shaun, in fact, same as what you are doing now. Hmmmm...

Interesting you don't know Marni, or her family, but you have a very obvious interest in this case. You must know someone involved. You signed up for this forum the day after suzridesahog posted, and you acted like you knew nothing about the case when in fact you know alot.

She used her boyfriend to HELP her with her fiances, don't you get it? She was not living hand to mouth, that was manipulation. If she was paid off by Shaun, or if she paid Christi off, the police would have seen evidence of this. None of your accusations are backed up by any facts.
butterfliesanddragons

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 pm

nm
Last edited by butterfliesanddragons on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
butterfliesanddragons

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 pm

nm
Last edited by butterfliesanddragons on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pastel

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Yes, I joined this forum just to post about this case. Unlike you, I never pretended otherwise. In fact, I think I said so on my very first post -- that I have followed the case closely and was interested in hearing more about suzridesahog's experience serving on the jury.

I don't have a personal interest in your opinion, but I've read your opinions before on countless other places on the web and you keep repeating the same things over and over. You are convinced that Marni murdered for money. I don't agree. Her house is worth more than $300K, and it is not a shabby home. It is in a nice neighborhood. Her car was purchased brand new and paid off by her father. She wasn't struggling to the extent that you are making it seem. She wasn't paid to murder Rhoni Reuter. Why are you trying to point fingers at Shaun Gayle? What are you hoping to accomplish?

Christi seems to a victim in this. I don't believe she played any part other than "friend" She stated that she didn't think that Marni would go through with the murder. This is not the first time Marni threatened to kill people. She threatened to kill her married ex boyfriend, his wife, and his kids. She also tried to kill Rhoni before but didn't go through with it. Christi probably didn't turn Marni in after the fact because she was afraid of Marni. She knew the police didn't have enough evidence yet, so what would Marni do to Christi after she was released from police questioning?

As to Shaun being with Marni the night before the murder, it was MARNI who arranged that, not Shaun. He didn't know anything of her evil plans.
suzridesahog
Hardcore

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:18 pm

I'd like to clarify a couple of things that I may have been unclear about in a previous post.
a. The judge did NOT say anything about Marni's children. It was a couple of cops that I ran into after the trial that mentioned the well being of the children.

b. I did not mean to imply that Marni's daughter showed emotion. What I meant was that the only time I saw Marni have any type of emotion was when her daughter was on the stand testifying against her. I could not see the daughter's face as she left, I could only see Marni's reaction to her daughter walking out of the room.

c. From what I understand the minimum amount of time she will serve if 45 years...according to the judge that will be sentencing her.

d. The jury did not hear all the facts. Or all the rumors.
If the defense thought someone (or the mafia) was involved they certainly would have mentioned or eluded to that to make a better case for Marni. In addition if the defense or the police thought someone hired her to kill for money they would have brought that up too.

Butterflies, Who was it that was so hurt and used by Marni that you know?

As for Christi... if you want my opinion... I think that Christi doesn't have very many friends and being friends with Marni was cool for her. Kinda like when the popular kids get the dorky kid to do something that they know is wrong. All the dorky kid wants is to be liked and feel part of a group. Again, that is my take on why she did what she did (other than being unstable).

Who are you two? Your interest is kinda creeping me out. I mean that in the kindest way possible.
butterfliesanddragons

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 pm

nm
Last edited by butterfliesanddragons on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butterfliesanddragons

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:37 pm

I am getting creeped out by the tone of the messages here myself. It seems so hostile and unfriendly. This is simply a sharing of ideas. I am being accused of posting all over the internet--I don't know who that person is or what his/her agenda is but he/she does seem to have a personal vested interest. The other poster pastel, claims to know Marni and has defined opinions of her. I didn't say that the mafia was involved-haha! I only said that the use of a code word is akin to the workings of mobsters. It is highly suspicious...in my opinion there must have been more to hanging out with someone cool for the friend to be that close to the workings of the killer
I am an outsider who has studied the case--simple as that
Last edited by butterfliesanddragons on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live4him
Hardcore

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:37 pm

suzridesahog wrote:Who are you two? Your interest is kinda creeping me out. I mean that in the kindest way possible.
Ditto :shock: I don't get whats so interesting about arguing and speculating about a crime after the sentencing is over with...
pastel

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:05 pm

butterfliesanddragons, if that's your story and you want to stick to it, fine. You didn't answer my question though, why are you convinced Shaun Gayle is involved, and what you are hoping to accomplish? Those involved in investigating the case don't seem to think it was a murder for hire. There's no evidence to back it up either. No money trail, nothing. There is a ton of evidence to support that jealousy was the motive, which in your expertise opinion, don't think it is.

Suzridesahog, hahaha, sorry to have creeped you out. I have just followed the case very closely because I am close to someone whose life she ruined. She's done so much damage so many people over many decades. It just took something this tragic and horrible to finally put her away behind bars. Can you share with us more about your experience? Did anyone in the jury NOT think Marni was guilty?
butterfliesanddragons

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:15 pm

nm
oceanair

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 am

I always wanted to be on a big trial jury.

Was there anyone on the jury who actually thought that she might be innocent?

Did anyone think that there was more to the case than what was presented at trial?

I remember reading all of the press about Yang wanting to have her hair done. Do you think that if she had been cut and colored that you or the jury would have viewed her differently?
I think that is a lame-ass excuse, personally, but maybe for someone people she may have looked like a crazy prisoner.

Why did her daughter have to testify against her mother?
suzridesahog
Hardcore

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Everyone on the jury thought she was guilty.
If her hair was cut, colored, and styled it would not have made me view the evidence any differently. In addition, I am sure we did not hear all the evidence...at least not on the prosecution side. Who knows what we 'missed'.
If I remember correctly her daughter was called to the stand by the defense to show that the cops 'raided' the house while she was in her pajamas. (this really had no baring on the case in my opinion).