Marni Yang murder trial

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

oceanair

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:08 pm

If it wasn't such a serious case, her wanting to get her hair cut and colored would be funny, but it isn't.
Why they thought it would sway the jury I will never know. Crazy!
I know that there are lawyers out there who just take clients money when they know damn well they can't get them off the hook. The Yang trial looked like that to me--if she admits in detail to doing it on tape, why in the world did it go to trial? What a stinking waste of time and money.

You did a good job-kudos!
I would have liked to have served on the Casey Anthony trial in Florida last summer too.
The Jennifer Hudson family murder trial is interesting to me as well.

There isn't any real justice in this case, but having her spend the rest of her days in prison is the only thing that we can do in a civil society.
She is going to have a LONG time to think about what she did. What the hell was she thinking?
suzridesahog
Hardcore

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks
I heard that Marni almost immediately lawyer-ed up after she was first talked to by the police. She then used that same lawyer throughout the whole process.
Her lawyer was actually a prosecutor originally and ended up being the defense attorney. He didn't seem like the type to be doing it only for the money.
oceanair

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:46 pm

maybe I shouldn't have said the lawyer thing. I believe everyone deserves a fair trial. I suppose my thoughts were just how futile an expensive trial seemed given the fact that she admits to the crime in detail on tape. How could anyone have thought that wasn't true?
There weren't inconsistencies between what she said and the crime scene, were there? I never read that there were, but it was last year so I may have forgotten.
The lawyer (or I think I read two diff names) is probably a good person--I shouldn't have been critical. It just seemed to me that after how many years (was it 2 or 3?) they only gave a really, really brief defense and didn't offer any kind of an alternative view on it that it seemed like a stinking waste of money for the taxpayers (for the prosecution) and for the defense( which I guess was paid for by Yang or her family)
Still, good job! You are a good citizen
Take care!