Two Wolves

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Stubarber
Hardcore

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:32 pm

I agree with Gloom - but on the other hand if the OP hasn't researched the subject enough to know what the history is, or how long it's been pounded - it's good that he's learning now the subject has been around the block once or twice . . .
Nyx

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Don't let others discourage you from getting the tattoo design that you want just cause they feel that it has been over done. It's solely what you want.

I have a tattoo of Anubis as the outline of the eye of Horus. the eye has been much over done but I love my tattoo.

What is really sad is only one other person, gloom, tried to help and defend your choice and not bash you for what you want.

I've found three. The one with the three wolves you can just take out one of the wolves and move the other two a wee bit. Only down side to getting a tattoo through tattoo johnny is that you have to pay like $15 for it. which really isn't that bad.

http://www.tattoojohnny.com/product/EGF ... AAF-00969,

http://www.tattoojohnny.com/product/J6F ... JPF-00228,

http://www.tattoojohnny.com/product/J6F ... CHF-00292,
magnumman
Hardcore

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:08 pm

I think you're a little too reliant on tattoo johnny.
CanisBasenjius
Hardcore

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:05 am

I have to agree about staying away from too obviously Native American inspired tattoos. If you're white they come off as especially derivative.

OTOH, I have three wolves tattooed on me. Well, werewolves but yanno.
2Wolf

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:46 am

Replies, suggestions and links are appreciated.
And Threesixafix ... I suppose you think Insineratehymn is a great album?!?!
threesixafix
Hardcore

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:10 pm

2Wolf wrote:Replies, suggestions and links are appreciated.
Deicide is great. Period.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL-BA86UhoE[/youtube]
threesixafix
Hardcore

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:11 pm

2Wolf wrote:Replies, suggestions and links are appreciated.
Deicide is great. Period.

If you get a wolf, having it eating off Jesus's face!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL-BA86UhoE[/youtube]
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 pm

If you want a wolf, get a wolf. Who cares. You shouldn't be putting so much stock into whether or not people think wolves are lame or whether this particular story is played out. I think it's funny though that you were like "oh these wolves mean so much to me!" and as soon as someone else mentions it's played out you're like "oh I didn't know that, what else should I get?" lol.

Whatever you do get, just make sure it's done well. :)
yorvo
Hardcore

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm

And I don't know why anyone would pay for a tattoo design on a web site. Just take a picture of the screen with your camera. Take a few as the watermark lines move on the sreen. Then print em out.
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:45 am

kohlhaas wrote:If you want a wolf, get a wolf. Who cares. You shouldn't be putting so much stock into whether or not people think wolves are lame or whether this particular story is played out. I think it's funny though that you were like "oh these wolves mean so much to me!" and as soon as someone else mentions it's played out you're like "oh I didn't know that, what else should I get?" lol.

Whatever you do get, just make sure it's done well. :)
I agree, if a tattoo is important to you, then u dont ask strangers on a website what their opinions are; and u certainly dont let them alter your decision of getting or not getting the tattoo
Doesnt sound like the OP is that serious about getting it and/or that thw meaning is all that significant.
2Wolf

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:25 am

My posts weren't asking for peoples' opinions about whether or not I should get the tattoo, rather if anyone knows of an interesting design. I am certainly still interested in it.
I like the story; the tattoo is simply to represent that story. I am just after something that I think will look good.
And threesixafix.....thanks for the laugh!
threesixafix
Hardcore

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:22 am

sorry, i dont have any justin beiber.
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:45 am

2Wolf wrote:My posts weren't asking for peoples' opinions about whether or not I should get the tattoo, rather if anyone knows of an interesting design. I am certainly still interested in it.
I like the story; the tattoo is simply to represent that story. I am just after something that I think will look good.
And threesixafix.....thanks for the laugh!
IMO the most important thing for you to focus on now that you know what ou want is finding a good artist who can draw. Tell them what you have in mind and they will draw up something great. A good tattoo artist should have great drawing skills. :) an post pics when it's done! You can post links to artist portfolios here if you need help choosing a studio, we are good helpers :)
EvilJay
Hardcore

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 pm

yorvo wrote:And I don't know why anyone would pay for a tattoo design on a web site. Just take a picture of the screen with your camera. Take a few as the watermark lines move on the sreen. Then print em out.
Why take a picture. Alt-PrintScreen and paste it into paint or whatever and smudge out he watermark.
yorvo
Hardcore

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm working with retards here Jay. I'm trying to make it easy.