Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

EvilJay
Hardcore

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Oh By the way....

JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:47 pm

2Wolf wrote:My posts weren't asking for peoples' opinions about whether or not I should get the tattoo, rather if anyone knows of an interesting design. I am certainly still interested in it.
I like the story; the tattoo is simply to represent that story. I am just after something that I think will look good.

Then you should get it. There are several variations of the story but the gist is about the same. The challenging part would be displaying both spectrums of anthropomorphism. I would want it to look realistic but artistic and not boring. Making one wolf look Angry, Vengeful, etc. would be easy.
But making the other look Caring, happy, thoughtful, etc. would be difficult since it obviously doesn't exist in nature.
If it were me I would concentrate on one wolf. Half the face angry and snarling and the other side at peace maybe with its eyes closed. You could even divide the middle with a NA speer or Tomahawk if you want to get gangster with it. Thats what I've always taken out of the story...We all have good and evil inside and on any given day either can come out.
If you wanted to get real creative you could get a totem pole thrown in there. You are going to need an exceptional artist to pull it off so it doesn't look like dollar store gumball machine flash.
Tattude
Hardcore

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am

2Wolf wrote:I didn't realise wolf tattoos were a bad choice - although I am aware wolf t-shirts aren't a good choice!
Blackstoned, I also didn't realise the story was so popular,cliche, and played out - I had never head it before.
Hey, get what YOU want...don't worry about anyone else. If it's something you really, really want and you find a good artist that can draw something up for you that you like than go for it.