I hope I chose the right artist to tat me up?

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

OICUR4692
Hardcore

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:49 pm

flippiff wrote:
magnumman wrote:Adamek is an excellent tattoo artist. I've heard he can be hard to book and isn't really good about returning messages.

Well that sucks! I sent him a message, it has been a week and no response from him yet? I find that unprofessional when someone runs a business and can't even at least return your messages, or phone calls. I guess I will be searching until i find the right one.
Has anyone checked out http://www.seppukutattoo.com What you guys think of his their work?

persistence pays off. and adamek is a hard person to get a hold of. sometimes you just have to keep trying. he may be out of town, you dont know. just because its been a week, that is nothing. i have hit up my regular artist with a month gone by with no reply. just keep trying.
magnumman
Hardcore

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:56 pm

I like the guys from seppukutattoo, looks like they can handle it and the one guy has a lot of cover ups. Not as good as Adamek of course but pretty good if you run out of patience.
flippiff

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:41 am

OICUR4692 wrote:
flippiff wrote:
magnumman wrote:Adamek is an excellent tattoo artist. I've heard he can be hard to book and isn't really good about returning messages.

Well that sucks! I sent him a message, it has been a week and no response from him yet? I find that unprofessional when someone runs a business and can't even at least return your messages, or phone calls. I guess I will be searching until i find the right one.
Has anyone checked out http://www.seppukutattoo.com What you guys think of his their work?

persistence pays off. and adamek is a hard person to get a hold of. sometimes you just have to keep trying. he may be out of town, you dont know. just because its been a week, that is nothing. i have hit up my regular artist with a month gone by with no reply. just keep trying.

Hopefully he gets to call me or email, I know Sean is out of state from what his twitter states or he is in the process of moving something in that sort.
BigGrim

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:59 pm

If your willing to travel to NYC check out Last Rites shop, they are top notch.I would get work by anyone at this shop http://www.darkimages.com/artists/index.html
OICUR4692
Hardcore

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:10 pm

BigGrim wrote:If your willing to travel to NYC check out Last Rites shop, they are top notch.I would get work by anyone at this shop http://www.darkimages.com/artists/index.html

Agreed. Very pricey tho. I dont know any artist in the world i would pay 400/hr for tho. That is just me...
EvilJay
Hardcore

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 am

flippiff wrote:Well that sucks! I sent him a message, it has been a week and no response from him yet? I find that unprofessional when someone runs a business and can't even at least return your messages, or phone calls. I guess I will be searching until i find the right one.
Ha.... Good luck.. I dont think you understand how this industry functions, regardless of how professional you think it is...
FRESHNIKKYB

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:58 pm

CAN I JUST PUT OUT THERE THAT I THINK DAN IS A DOPE ARTIST . I MEAN ALL OF YOU ARE TOSSING AROUND OPINIONS LIKE YOU KNOW HIS WORK . IVE HAD WORK DONE BY HIM AND ITS DAM GOOD! WHY DONT YA GO TO THE SHOP AND LOOK AT THE PORTFOLIO N CK IT YOUR SELVES BEFOR YOU START TRASHING AND ARTIST WORK . GRANT IT YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE BUT FLIPP PIFF I CANT SAY YOUR JUDGMENT IS GREAT /. LOOK AT THE SHIT YOU HAVE ON YOUR ARM. LOOKS LIKE YOUR ABOUT FREE DEALS AND CHEAP PRICES , YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND I MUST SAY I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH ANY OF MY TATS. THERE BEAUTIFUL! THANKS DAN !
fe
Hardcore

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:05 pm

yea, esp for a cover up, you want a really experienced artist. you're going to have to pay a little more... however, you'll be happy with your work, and won't have to have another cover up.
i agree with going to william webb.
kohlhaas... ha ha.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:33 pm

FRESHNIKKYB wrote:I LIKE TO SHOUT SO DON'T BOTHER READING THIS POST

I MUST SAY I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH ANY OF MY TATS. THERE BEAUTIFUL! THANKS DAN !

POST EM UP SO WE CAN JUDGE !!!!!!!
luluxiu

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Not to tell you that, so far, do not use your guy, but if you are not 100% sure, you love his work, would like to have his work you do not feel "lost" 50 dollars is not good, Tera Gold is worth it when you get your ink, and said: "wow!"
flippiff

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:40 pm

I haven't been here in a while.. but still lurking, learning, and reading. During the time I was going to get my skin fixed I decided to hold off on it. I took me this long to find out what artist I would love to get work done from that would have originality, and skills.. I decided to go with dave fox. I shot him a email today about my self and also sent him a few pics of the tats I have in place to see if he could save me from the horrid :lol: I know he has the skills but would he have the patience, or hunger to design something beautiful on me?
Have any of you guys ever dealt with him before?
Ach3r0n
Hardcore

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:28 am

flippiff wrote:you got any suggestions on who in NJ? Philly is out of reach because of my work schedule unless they are open on Sundays then it could be a possibility.
Tim Pangburn is a great choice if you can work it out. If not, in NJ you have Chris Adamek, Sean Zee, and Matthew Lukesh to name a few. Matt's website portfolio is pretty out of date so be sure to check his Facebook page for his latest stuff. He's been doing really great work. Johnny Thief's work (same shop) is solid, though it's not exceptional. He does however do a LOT of cover-ups and he's a really cool guy.
OICUR4692 wrote: Agreed. Very pricey tho. I dont know any artist in the world i would pay 400/hr for tho. That is just me...
Only Booth charges that. The others charge $275/hr, which is still high, but not astronomically so for NYC prices.
flippiff wrote:I haven't been here in a while.. but still lurking, learning, and reading. During the time I was going to get my skin fixed I decided to hold off on it. I took me this long to find out what artist I would love to get work done from that would have originality, and skills.. I decided to go with dave fox. I shot him a email today about my self and also sent him a few pics of the tats I have in place to see if he could save me from the horrid :lol: I know he has the skills but would he have the patience, or hunger to design something beautiful on me?
No, but Dave Fox is good.
flippiff

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 am

Ach3r0n wrote:
flippiff wrote:you got any suggestions on who in NJ? Philly is out of reach because of my work schedule unless they are open on Sundays then it could be a possibility.
Tim Pangburn is a great choice if you can work it out. If not, in NJ you have Chris Adamek, Sean Zee, and Matthew Lukesh to name a few. Matt's website portfolio is pretty out of date so be sure to check his Facebook page for his latest stuff. He's been doing really great work. Johnny Thief's work (same shop) is solid, though it's not exceptional. He does however do a LOT of cover-ups and he's a really cool guy.
OICUR4692 wrote: Agreed. Very pricey tho. I dont know any artist in the world i would pay 400/hr for tho. That is just me...
Only Booth charges that. The others charge $275/hr, which is still high, but not astronomically so for NYC prices.
flippiff wrote:I haven't been here in a while.. but still lurking, learning, and reading. During the time I was going to get my skin fixed I decided to hold off on it. I took me this long to find out what artist I would love to get work done from that would have originality, and skills.. I decided to go with dave fox. I shot him a email today about my self and also sent him a few pics of the tats I have in place to see if he could save me from the horrid :lol: I know he has the skills but would he have the patience, or hunger to design something beautiful on me?
No, but Dave Fox is good.

Yes I tried hitting up Chris a while back, till this day he still hasn't responded. I even went out of my way to drive to the parlor where he inks from and was told that Chris was busy, and he couldn't see me that was almost a 2 hour ride... lol it was my fault though since i just took a risk knowing that he would probably be busy. I looked at the other artists portfolios and they are all exceptionally good but really not my cup of tea of what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know how much Dave fox charges per hour?
OICUR4692
Hardcore

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Dave fox is one of my favorite artists. Someone here got work from him and i dont know how much he charges. When i emailed him a few years ago he was very reasonable.
MattCrunk
Hardcore

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:58 pm

The words are tattoo, tattooing and tattooed. There is no such thing as "tat'n", "tatted" " or "tat me up."

Saying shit like that makes you come across as a dumbass wannabe who's trying too hard to be cool.