Will my tattoo stretch as I grow?

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

EvilJay
Hardcore

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Dude had bad habit of making poor decisions, plus he was the definition of a drug addict. I'm sure 90% of the time, he's a decent dude, but continued to make poor choices. So goes life. Seemed like he tried a couple times, but kept falling back to the stupid side...
reefdiver
Hardcore

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:23 pm

ya know the funny thing is that i think that we were a good influiance on him, he was actually becoming house broken in a social environment........
fe
Hardcore

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 pm

ha ha. oh 36...
x561x

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:22 am

I got it, don't regret it, doubt I ever will. When I look at the tattoo it reminds me of a rough time in my life that I'm working through and have made extreme progress on (no need going into detail here). I'll never regret the symbolism, so even if I decide later on I don't like the looks of it(even though as of now I love it), I believe I'll be ok with the tattoo forever:)

EvilJay
Hardcore

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 am

Boring... Fail
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 pm

x561x wrote: I'll never regret the symbolism
Yeah I have never met anybody who was once very religious and then later moved away from that ideology and denounced religion. Unless of course you count at least half the people I have ever met.

Congrats on your tattoo. Glad you like it, and I hope you do like it forever. Gonna have to agree with Jay though.
Animosity
Hardcore

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:01 pm

x561x wrote:Image
Cynosure

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:20 pm

So to steal his thread back to the original post.

Say one is planning on gaining 25-35 pounds over the course of two years (of muscle mass).. would this cause stretching in the tattoos (a full arm sleeve) or is is the skin going to be fine?

I'm 6'3" @ 150 (skinny as shit, I know) and have just began working out heavily to put some weight on myself before I turn 25. I have two years.

(p.s. -- Congratulations on your first tattoo!)
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Gay. Even worse than I imagined. You couldn't put any more thought into it than that? You were too big of a pussy to get the whole tattoo so you just did an outline from the most boring one off the wall! Why didn't you get a locust instead?
kalash
Hardcore

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Cynosure wrote:So to steal his thread back to the original post.

Say one is planning on gaining 25-35 pounds over the course of two years (of muscle mass).. would this cause stretching in the tattoos (a full arm sleeve) or is is the skin going to be fine?

I'm 6'3" @ 150 (skinny as shit, I know) and have just began working out heavily to put some weight on myself before I turn 25. I have two years.

I wish I kept a photo record of my ak-47 tattoo, it’s a basic stencil tatt solid black and straight on inner bicep. As I put on muscle it stayed straight same as I’m now loosing muscle mass. Major difference was when flexing, with giant biceps it curled up into a very small compressed image, now it dosent move as much. So in my experience it really depends on what you are getting and where it is going. You will want images that flow with body contours that’s why gym heads went tribal, they accentuate muscles same as Japanese type backgrounds, I got tattooed when heavily muscled on arm. The artist wrapped Japanese wind bars around anatomical points of interest, like tris, bies and what delts as to accentuate the arm and the design. Now lacking muscle they still look fine, but not as cool as before. So if it’s gonna be big and sleeved out, id wait, it really depends.
coregrafx
Hardcore

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:14 pm

Cynosure wrote:So to steal his thread back to the original post.

You will not gain 25-35 pounds of muscle mass in the next 2 years without steroids so no need to worry.
x561x

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:48 pm

JimiDanglez wrote:Gay. Even worse than I imagined. You couldn't put any more thought into it than that? You were too big of a pussy to get the whole tattoo so you just did an outline from the most boring one off the wall! Why didn't you get a locust instead?
Calm down haha why you stressin yourself out over someone else's tattoo.
kohlhaas wrote:
x561x wrote: I'll never regret the symbolism
Yeah I have never met anybody who was once very religious and then later moved away from that ideology and denounced religion. Unless of course you count at least half the people I have ever met.

Congrats on your tattoo. Glad you like it, and I hope you do like it forever. Gonna have to agree with Jay though.
I'm in the other half group.
EvilJay wrote:Boring... Fail
Wanted something simple. I can always add to it.
x561x

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Animosity wrote:
x561x wrote: Image
I hope you don't think this made someone laugh.
Gloom
Hardcore

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:29 pm

x561x wrote:I'm obviously religious. How would this tattoo be un-original? It is completely unique. It is a cross with a ribbon flowing around it that has Joel 2:25-26 on the face of the ribbon with my interpretation of the verse written on a place I haven't chose yet. This represents my family and my religious beliefs.
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7509401/i-want-a-tattoo
sidelvar
Hardcore

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:34 pm

x561x wrote:I hope you don't think this made someone laugh.
I did...

I agree, it's boring and lame. I am also one of those people that grew up religious and moved away from it because of how retarded extreme right wing religious fanatics are in regards to politics. Too much hypocrisy.

Also, I don't see whats wrong with the upside down cross idea. Maybe you don't know about St. Peter and you only think of it as an anti-Christ symbol. If that's the case however you probably should have studied your religion a little more before having a cross tattooed on you.

Enjoy your tattoo. Hopefully you wont regret it in 10 years like I would have.