Detroit.. Update : Russ Abbott Pics.

Upcoming Convention Forum<br>
<a href="http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooconventions/">Convention List 2013</a>

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Tattude

EvilJay
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:40 pm

buttwheat wrote:btw you look way different then I pictured you in my head.
Thats not me in the pics. I had Russ tattoo it on someone else, then I cut that guys arm off while I was removing his kidney in a hotel bathtub full of ice cubes.

We're you expecting a cross of Biggie and Bob Ross?
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:42 pm

That's a really nice piece. And also probably one of my favorite traditional tattoos I've seen in a long time if not ever.
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah man, the placement is really cool. The circular patterns of it are perfect for the bow. I really like the filigree spiraling the elbow.

yeah its always weird seeing people's photo after having this made up image in your head. Kind of like reading a book then seeing the movie I guess.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm super thrilled with it. Russ said when we were talking it out that he's kinda known for his filigree. I told him I wanted a compass and the rest was on him. I too realy dig the spiraling at the elbow. I think a ton of artists would have put the compass on the elbow. Thats what my plan kinda was. He explained why not, and was real into placement and making sure it was as distortion free while moving as possible.
Gloom
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:39 pm

You look different than I pictured you too. I thought your style was more clean cut and i pictured you with blondish features. No idea why. The tattoo looks awesome by the way, and I like the other stuff you got too from what I can see in those pics.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Gloom wrote:You look different than I pictured you too. I thought your style was more clean cut and i pictured you with blondish features. No idea why. The tattoo looks awesome by the way, and I like the other stuff you got too from what I can see in those pics.
Ha. I left my white polo uniform at my place in the Hamptons and let my hi-lites fade.. 8) Thats funny...

Side note, already started peeling. No scabs or badness going on.. I've been just washing a couple times a day and applying H2Ocean Aquatat that I got a free sample of at the show.(Its all I had that night). Been letting it dry for as long as I can, even a couple hours, then applying the Auqatat maybe twice a day.
buttwheat
Hardcore

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 pm

EvilJay wrote:
buttwheat wrote:btw you look way different then I pictured you in my head.
We're you expecting a cross of Biggie and Bob Ross?
No not really Biggie but maybe a cross between Bob Ross and Actualfact ???
OICUR4692
Hardcore

Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:12 am

EvilJay wrote:
Gloom wrote:You look different than I pictured you too. I thought your style was more clean cut and i pictured you with blondish features. No idea why. The tattoo looks awesome by the way, and I like the other stuff you got too from what I can see in those pics.
Ha. I left my white polo uniform at my place in the Hamptons and let my hi-lites fade.. 8) Thats funny...

Side note, already started peeling. No scabs or badness going on.. I've been just washing a couple times a day and applying H2Ocean Aquatat that I got a free sample of at the show.(Its all I had that night). Been letting it dry for as long as I can, even a couple hours, then applying the Auqatat maybe twice a day.
i got some free shit from h2ocean and i really liked it. if i didnt like dry healing so much, i think i would be using h2ocean.
Stubarber
Hardcore

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:23 pm

EvilJay wrote:Thats not me in the pics. I had Russ tattoo it on someone else, then I cut that guys arm off while I was removing his kidney in a hotel bathtub full of ice cubes.
:lol: :lol:
EvilJay wrote:We're you expecting a cross of Biggie and Bob Ross?
don't leave out Randy!

Really sweet tattoo, and placement. Nice 3-D effect, too.
Ach3r0n
Hardcore

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:47 am

Looks great man. Traditional isn't my thing, but I love Russ Abbott's work and wouldn't think twice about getting a piece from him if he had a free spot at a convention.
fe
Hardcore

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:01 pm

thats gorgeous. great stuff... look at all that other traditional too. :)
zola642

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:31 pm

as said, looks great love the choice!
trevcam11
Hardcore

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:40 pm

EvilJay wrote: Yeah, I walked around for an hour at lunch, maybe more, then again for an hour with my GF, then some more throughout the night. Talked to the guys at Black13, and I think I'm gonna book a small piece with Timmy before the summer. Talked to Gunnar for a while about a idea i had for him, but it would have to start a whole new zone on me, and I wanna get this sleeve done first. Convention was decent.
I feel ya on that. I've never had an in progress piece til now and I really want to get it finished up. Any Black13 piece I feel would be well worth it.
actualfact
Hardcore

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 pm

dope.. congrats.
coregrafx
Hardcore

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

love it, great job!